Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress every pro poker player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

Most Americans only get cumin in a packet of mixed spices called "taco seasoning" or similar

But she was being funny to try and make people like her

Yes

This is mostly because most Americans just use chili powder in their chili instead of actually using cumin.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
lmao that Rob actually could have offered more

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
why would you come back from the idol island thing and make that big of a lie?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean it would literally just be better to tell the truth and say the idol island has a couple of previous survivors on it and you play a game for an idol, but I lost.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
lmao

I helped my friend with his macro nutrient company...

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
just bag that loving douchey poker player and be done with it

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And Elaine is dead right. Don't get rid of the likable person on the first tribal

The days will get boring, so it's better to keep that funny person around for a while

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Ronnie, next time don't push all in with a 72 offsuit!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

lmao

I helped my friend with his macro nutrient company...

I'm still loving laughing at this

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I don't really knock her for taking the offer. Its an overwhelming situation and Rob had all the leverage. She had no real reason to suspect that she could bargain for a better deal and the whole thing was just so much that I can't say I wouldn't have just said "gently caress it, I want to do this and play Boston Rob, I'm probably not going home this week."

Her misplay was the lie about it. But we'll see if it comes back to bite her.

Yeah, I still don't like the lie and don't think it was necessary. I mean it was like the 3rd day on the island and she probably could have just come back and said "Oh, I don't want to really spoil the surprise yet, but it's very cool and you get a chance to play a game for an idol but I lost" and I'd bet most of the people in her tribe would let it go for the time being.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bigass Moth posted:

She could have said “Boston Rob and Sandra are there and they offer to teach you skills, and then you can challenge for an advantage” and people would probably think she’s lying.

Haha, yeah, that's probably true too.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
oh man, even not listening that upped offer is kind of tempting

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Robnoxious posted:

and is wishy-washy about who to throw under the bus to save her rear end. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I got irritated at her as soon as she said "what I want is for people to play the game" because it's so dumb since the other people ARE playing the game and identified you as an easy vote or weak in some way and you aren't trying to fight back against it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hey if your idol is only good for two tribals

Just burn it asap

yeah, I'm think the same thing.

Even if I didn't think I would get any votes, I might be tempted just to burn the idol to get it out of the way.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I know we didn't see any of Vince's return after his IoI visit, but he should have come back and painted a big old target on the swimmer lady since she lied about IoI.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
lmao

this is hilarious

also, i am not sure noura would be any worse at calling and at least now she can't be blamed for the loss

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't one of the reasons they voted out Vince over the showmance dude because they wanted to keep strength around for the next challenge, something that was entirely unnecessary in this weeks challenge?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

TBH it can be pretty good money... Its not even really ripping off parents, its providing a service to those parents that don't want to drive all over town trying to find this years hot toy.

Instead they can pay up a bit and have it sent straight to their door.

And TBH, I am also on the lookout for the hot toys this year... But I did find it kind of funny to see a former Survivor asking just with their personal Facebook account.

Some parents would just rather spend some extra money on the hot toy than go through this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTcFsdIJ_Xo

Ummm don't most major retail stores ship product directly to customers now? You're not providing a service, you're just trying to make a profit.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
lmao

Noura: so I'm really going to have to think about it for this vote (which I don't have).

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
lmao Noura at tribal

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
These people are terrible.

Tom was completely inoffensive and wasn't going to win anyway.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I literally puked on the bar of an Applebees like 20 years ago while doing many shots of vodka with a friend.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

Please... please stop posting about loving restaurants. Its been two weeks

Sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays...

Maybe should you head over to your local TGI Fridays to relax.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
A bit behind, but how in the hell does Kellee not play an idol there?

You've got two and if you played the merge tribe idol then it should go right back into the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Here's my problem: if Dan was just a very touchy-feely type person then production could easily portray that because they would/should have ample evidence of Dan just randomly touching both the men and women. We aren't seeing shots of Dan being close to a man and trying to wipe sand off their cheek or him grabbing a mans leg while laying next to them.

So imo, it's clear as gently caress that Dan is only interested in touching the women because he's a disgusting scum bag and all it shoild have taken for him to be booted by production was that Kellee interview and a quick review of the tapes to see if he ever touches the men in such an overly familiar fashion.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AWarmBody posted:

Dan totally diddles his clients. The way he touched the women on the tribe he was attracted to (not Elaine or Janet), then wept and blamed it on the physical proximity to others at camp...it looked like someone who is so used to getting whatever he wants without confrontation and is primarily concerned with keeping his status quo. He was not weeping for the girls or the discomfort he brought to the women around him, he was weeping for his own discomfort at being confronted.

This is exactly how I felt about it watching it. He never once seemed to actually care about anything other than how uncomfortable it made him feel and the dismissive 'we can't let this go?' at tribal just sort of seals it imo.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

Twice. He commented that Jeff wouldn't let it go twice.

I do think there is a chance he might just be an oblivious entitled touchy weirdo rather than an actual intentional predator, but obviously it's bad either way.

But again, if Dan was just an entitled touchy weirdo, wouldn't he also be touching the men? And if that was the case, then CBS would have an interest in showing it in order to give Dan a fair narrative. But we don't have any evidence of Dan being touchy with the men nor did he seem to be touchy with Janet or Elaine. Instead he seems to be shown being only interested in touching the younger women he is attracted to in some fashion.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

I can agree with this but how it did look was really bad

I hope they post something akin to Aaron's video apology because he went from super-slime to just standard bro-slime in my mind because of owning it

Yeah, I'm not sure I can give either of the benefit of the doubt because of the way Elizabeth immediately told Dan that of course she told Janet that stuff because she didn't want to rock the boat or was just agreeing to appease Janet or whatever her exact reason was after Janet confronted them.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Binary Logic posted:

They're being filmed 24/7. You're reaching more than Dan.

Seriously, this is just loving creepy.

There's no loving point to it. It's not being comforting and it's not just casual contact in close quarters.

It's literally just a creepy guy wanting to put his hands on a woman for his own reasons. Like if I felt that on the back of my leg, I would probably just immediately kick backwards.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Karishma doesn't buy this bullshit from Missy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Robnoxious posted:

I hope Karishma is a better trial lawyer than Survivor player because holy hell, she doesn't seen capable of even making ice.

lmao

I now picture her as sort of like Lionel Hutz: "Your honor, I move for a bad court thingy"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty ok with both of those boots. Missy was kind of grating on me because I felt like she was always making a 'you should totally do what is best for me, even though it might hurt you in a tribal or two' pitch.

I'm basically rooting for Janet or Elaine to win at this point.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

gently caress, I hate Missy. At least two of the biggest assholes went home tonight.

"I accept myself. Do you?"

rear end in a top hat.

I don't think that was fake at all. Missy is a bully and can't help herself. Karishima can't either but Missy's just a total rear end in a top hat and can't help but lie and pick fights and accuse others of lying and manipulating. She loving told Tommy she wasn't gunning for him AFTER she wrote his name down and was voted out. She's nuts.

Yeah, I just felt like she was just an rear end in a top hat. And I was absolutely incredulous when she said she wasn't gunning for Tommy literally minutes after she just voted for him.

Also, while I kind of liked Elizabeth at the start of the season, my opinion of her has gone down basically every single episode.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lone Goat posted:

remember that Elizabeth took that horrendous fire making challenge against Boston Rob so no, she's always been bad, sorry

Yeah, but her attitude seemed ok at the start of the season and I feel like it's just been slowly revealed that she is in fact some kind of chud or maybe just a basic rear end in a top hat.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's gonna be a goat final of Dan/Karishma/Noura and the entire jury will just refuse to vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why are they showing the revote votes instead of original

Yeah, I wanted to know who else didn't vote Karishma besides herself.

edit - checked the wiki, looks like it was Elizabeth who voted Janet which probably should have been obvious.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Spook posted:

Why didn't Karishma vote for Dan? So bizarre

My guess is that Karishma thought it was going to be a split vote between her and Elizabeth and just voted for who she thought was getting other votes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

How many hands do you have?

Do you have a problem with Goro watching Survivor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Invalid Validation posted:

I love how they conveniently have paints in camp to make fake idols.

It could be left over from when the tribe makes their own banner at the merge.