Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

STAC Goat posted:

Oh drat, I didn't even realize AEW was messing with my Survivor-Know It Alls routine.

Goddamit. NXT, AEW and Survivor will be fighting for my Wednesday night viewership

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IcePhoenix posted:

Only one of these shows has a dinosaur that does lucha and also has a masters degree

and was on Big Brother

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Pony - Aaron - I love Harry Potter too
Poison - Noura - I don't trust people who haven't done drugs

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Zesty posted:

You guys put a lot of stock into the random quotes of theirs I find.

Just for my own info...so these are all real quotes, but just found from different places?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

STAC Goat posted:

I interpret them as joke quotes inspired by the pre game profiles.

Thats what I thought too, but then I saw this:

Zesty posted:

You guys put a lot of stock into the random quotes of theirs I find.

and then was confused

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Jack looks like the bastard offspring of Joe and Cochran.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
It's #WhiteRiceWednesday!!! I'm so excited for new seasons of Survivor. So much hope before we realize it's going to be another boring slog of a season with an unsatisfying winner.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I really liked the first episode. I was nervous because I thought Rob and Sandra would be dumb but it wasn't bad at all

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

STAC Goat posted:

Its legitimately a taxing question for me now. AEW or Survivor. Who goes live?

Screw WWE, though.

How did you handle it last night STAC? I ended up watching both on DVR because I fell asleep about 30 seconds into AEW because I was so loving tired.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not STAC but as someone who had the same problem, I watched AEW Live, then watched The Masked Singer and Survivor on DVR. Being able to skip commercials for reality TV owns an awful lot I must say.

Agreed.

Lone Goat posted:

aew live but every other week is pinball league and I won't have time to watch both before bed so prob survivor wed night since it's just an hour then aew on thursday

It's amazing to me just how many shows air on Wednesday that I watch: NXT, AEW, South Park, American Horror Story and Survivor.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IcePhoenix posted:

Getting unanimously sent to the bench was wonderful though

Highlight of the episode

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
It's crazy that the "Women's Alliance" of 6 (Women + Vince) has now been wittled down to 4. I'm really happy with aggressive gameplay and I thought Missy's "Throw out a name" conversation with Elaine was really good.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Propaganda Machine posted:

Didn't they kill the car challenge after the bullshit with goon legend Yau-Man and Dreamz?

I wish Yau had posted here more.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
What is Aaron apologizing for? I honestly don't remember him doing it saying anything. I was also tired AF watching it so there is that too.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Aerox posted:

At tribal he had a big speech about how sexual assault must be made up if the victim doesn't tell every single person they've ever met in their entire life about it, and then yelled at Janet and told her she was playing the victim because she tried to make a big move and failed. It was really gross.

This episode sucked poo poo and I almost don't even want to keep watching the season because if anyone other than Janet wins I'll be furious.

Wow...I do not remember that at all.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IcePhoenix posted:

lol you're overdramaticizing it by a lot

He said (not shouted) that he didn't think it was a problem and that Janet was trying to make it a bigger thing than it was for gameplay reasons because if it was an actual issue then the women would have told all the guys in the tribe about it too, then Jamal shut him down about why that was dumb. I feel like it was more out of ignorance than malice.

Oh ok I remember that now.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

professor metis posted:

I do feel a little bit bad for Missy here because I think she was being very genuine about feeling uncomfortable with Dan in that conversation with Kellee, and then Lauren coming to her immediately after and saying that Kellee was gunning for her rocked her a lot and made her suspicious of Kellee.

This was my read on it, especially since it was only 1 or 2 episodes ago that new Volkai all got together to talk poo poo about Dan when he wasn't there.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
With this episode to me Noura is no longer a goat and is someone I could legit see winning the game. I have been so impressed with her since the merge. Outside of her letting her ring go too soon she is a beast in all these challenges.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Did the episode start right at the challenge or is my DVR hosed up?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ok I'm off of Team Noura.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

Ok I'm off of Team Noura.

I watched Tribal again. I missed the part where Dean told Tommy that he was getting voted out. I totally understand Noura's actions now. What I disagree with is her outing Elaine's immunity idol. I think next episode will be fun with a mad scramble for the idol.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm going with my heart Janet

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

The Walrus posted:

Pony: Dan
Poison: Dean

The Walrus must have had quite the wild ride this season.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Edit:. Totally forgot I wasn't live

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Kellee is loving amazing

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Is anyone watching The Circle on Netflix?

Also I 2nd watching Naked and Afraid XL. I have only watched the first season, but it was loving awesome.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

STAC Goat posted:

I briefly got really into Naked and Afraid in the same way I was briefly into Doomsday Preppers and Bar Rescue. Some shameful part of me that gets amused watching really broken people suffer but try and make the best of it or something.

Stac sometimes I feel like you and I are the same person.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Philthy posted:

Fourth episode okay not everyone is a total rear end in a top hat, and some people are actually normal and worth watching. Looking forward to watching more tonight with the wife as it left off with enough of craziness cliffhangerons.

blue squares posted:

"Thanks for the Naked and Afraid XL suggestion."

Then proceeds to poo poo all over the show. I don't get it

Sometimes you need to watch a few episodes to get into a show. I didn't like the first episode of the Circle, but by the 4th episode I was all onboard for more.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

precision posted:

The original Naked and Afraid is good terrible TV too by the way, almost every episode is "two people who kind of hate each other"

My favorite was the guy who quit smoking like the day before he went out there, and I think brought duct tape with him. Then peaced out after like 4 days because he was going through nicotine withdrawel and left his partner by herself for 17 days or something like that by herself.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I remember (vaguely) that at the end of the first season all the remaining people came together for one mega tribe, but there was a lot of drama wrt food. I seem to remember there was like one person who was like "gently caress this noise I'm going to go live by myself" or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

The Bloop posted:

Survivor 40 - Smashmouth eat the balut!