Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Liquid Communism posted:

So in Carson King news, Busch has been shamed into upholding their commitment to match donations through the end of Sept, total is at $1.9 million.

They were always going to make the donation, they're just not doing all the shirts and beer cans with his face of them anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Sab0921 posted:

If you saw the horns together, that means you're legally married and then required to buy a maroon brick house in a Houston suburb. Northwest suburbs preferred for proximity to College Station.

The neighborhood I grew up in feels seen rn

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 28, 2019

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Gat DAYAM Citadel...

https://twitter.com/CitadelFootball/status/1177633474099986434?s=19

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Did they say his last name is HOLINESS? Or am I mishearing?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

That dunk from the Citadel was straight rude and I love it

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
My god Justin Fuente is a piece of poo poo head coach.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Nur_Neerg posted:

By god that's crotchbat music

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Does Clemson being in the ACC have an negative effect on the other teams? By drawing too many recruits that would go to some of the other regional schools otherwise and becoming a sort of unbalanced pole in the conference? Or does it theoretically stimulate some of the other traditional ACC powers to up their recruiting game?

I'm not sure I quite understand why the ACC is the way it is right now.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Zwabu posted:

Does Clemson being in the ACC have an negative effect on the other teams? By drawing too many recruits that would go to some of the other regional schools otherwise and becoming a sort of unbalanced pole in the conference? Or does it theoretically stimulate some of the other traditional ACC powers to up their recruiting game?

I'm not sure I quite understand why the ACC is the way it is right now.

I mean, you could say the same thing for Alabama considering that for a the last couple of few seasons, Clemson and Alabama have been utterly dominant, with Alabama going on a nearly unprecedented run of success. UGA has had a fighters chance but couldnt close it and is gaining at least in recruiting, but for now it is Alabama's conference just like the ACC is Clemson's.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

I mean, you could say the same thing for Alabama considering that for a the last couple of few seasons, Clemson and Alabama have been utterly dominant, with Alabama going on a nearly unprecedented run of success. UGA has had a fighters chance but couldnt close it and is gaining at least in recruiting, but for now it is Alabama's conference just like the ACC is Clemson's.

Yeah I thought the same thing about Alabama too but decided to leave the question about just Clemson. It just feels like the sub Alabama tier in the SEC is a lot less hopeless compared with the non-Clemson ACC in recent years but I don't analyze this stuff closely so I'm probably ignoring good teams from the U, FSU etc. that I just didn't pay close enough attention to.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

I realize the lettering got sorta crowded on the second side. That's because I tried to leave enough room on that side to scribble "please donate at wheeztheroux.com" after I get through the screening. Apparently they won't let your sign in if you try to promote a website.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

You blocked off his picture in your sign? What's even the point of having him on there, then? Also I always thought wheez the roux was a big black guy. apparently I'm really bad at mentally picturing people

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

That's a thing of beauty

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Sab0921 posted:

If you saw the horns together, that means you're legally married and then required to buy a maroon brick house in a Houston suburb. Northwest suburbs preferred for proximity to College Station.

do you also have to get a collie too?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

DrunkPanda posted:

You blocked off his picture in your sign? What's even the point of having him on there, then?

That's the original picture, check it out here. The whole sign is an homage to that situation.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

colachute posted:

Miami and Tallahassee might as well be Des Moines and Uranus.

Anything north of Ocala is Lower Georgia.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Seaniqua posted:

I realize the lettering got sorta crowded on the second side. That's because I tried to leave enough room on that side to scribble "please donate at wheeztheroux.com" after I get through the screening. Apparently they won't let your sign in if you try to promote a website.

:perfect:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
last night i dreamed UAB beat LSU by 84 points

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
You were just a few weeks early

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

DrunkPanda posted:

You blocked off his picture in your sign? What's even the point of having him on there, then? Also I always thought wheez the roux was a big black guy. apparently I'm really bad at mentally picturing people

I cant tell if this is a joke or not

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Anything north of Ocala is Lower Georgia.

I’d also argue that once you get west of Tallahassee you’re in south Alabama. It’s called Floribama after all.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Nur_Neerg posted:

I'm definitely driving down to Blacksburg for the Penn State game next year.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Komet posted:

I'm definitely driving down to Blacksburg for the Penn State game next year.

Curious to see if he's the coach then, honestly. Sounding like we're going to pony up the buyout.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I don't know who Virginia Tech would hire. Bryan Harsin looks promising, but he is from Boise and played at Boise. It might be too much to ask him to move to Blacksburg. WVU and Louisville both poached the promising up-and-comers last off-season.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

LLCoolJD posted:

I don't know who Virginia Tech would hire. Bryan Harsin looks promising, but he is from Boise and played at Boise. It might be too much to ask him to move to Blacksburg. WVU and Louisville both poached the promising up-and-comers last off-season.

Bill Clark would kill it there imo. Never really has outrecruited anyone (which how could he at zombie UAB), but develops the poo poo out of what he has and just coaches them up.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Two coaching hire names gleaned from a cursory glance of the VTech message boards: Shane Beamer and Urban Meyer

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Raku posted:

Bill Clark would kill it there imo. Never really has outrecruited anyone (which how could he at zombie UAB), but develops the poo poo out of what he has and just coaches them up.

heupel from ucf would also be great there

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Declan MacManus posted:

heupel from ucf would also be great there

I would be very nervous about hiring ucf coaches

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

JJ Jefferson rules

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Raku posted:

I would be very nervous about hiring ucf coaches

Because of Florida recruiting or because of Frost? Or just because you think UCF are frauds or something?

Heupel seems like a decent bet, his offense is all screens and bombs but you can probably recruit a quarterback wherever to run it as long as they have a strongish arm.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Grittybeard posted:

Because of Florida recruiting or because of Frost? Or just because you think UCF are frauds or something?

Heupel seems like a decent bet, his offense is all screens and bombs but you can probably recruit a quarterback wherever to run it as long as they have a strongish arm.

Frost hasn't shown anything at Nebraska and Heupel hasn't done more than maintain what was already humming along

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Seaniqua posted:

This is fantastic

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Raku posted:

Frost hasn't shown anything at Nebraska and Heupel hasn't done more than maintain what was already humming along

nebraska’s recruiting has been a mess since bo pelini left so i imagine frost will look better next season or not at all

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
VT will get Butch Jones

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It's nice to have a bye week so I can worry about other football.

I just wish any of it was good.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Fighting Mack Browns are beating Clemson

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also Pitt just failed to convert and is gonna punt to Delaware up 3 with 90 seconds left

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol Delaware roughed the punter to lose the game

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Just realized I've been posting in the wrong thread quite a bit here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU