Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

MourningView posted:

they lost to costal carolina

Two wins surpasses most season win totals for Kansas since Turner Hill's second year and it's week 4. You can milk plenty of schadenfreude out of Kansas without also denying they usually win one game OOC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

alright, fast forward to December of this year for a second.

UCLA has just completed an 0-12 (or 1-11 if you want to be really kind) season. 2 questions:

1: Does Chip Kelly keep his job?
2: If not, where does he go next?

DC Murderverse posted:

Chip Kelly may have just saved his job

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Cougs QB threw 9 TDs and still lost. :stare:

Edit:

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 22, 2019

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
UCF losing to Pitt snaps a 27 game regular season win streak.

They last lost in the regular season in 2016.

Theyre going to be unranked after this arent they?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Im on vacation for a wedding and only got to watch one half of one game but jut wanted to say lmao Michigan

Was there some sort of controversy in UGA-ND?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Henchman of Santa posted:

I’m on vacation for a wedding and only got to watch one half of one game but jut wanted to say lmao Michigan

Was there some sort of controversy in UGA-ND?

ND was floppin'

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

tactlessbastard posted:

ND was floppin'

A tradition like no other

http://www.espn.com/college-football/features/the100?index=29

(This post is in tribute to my Grandpa a wonderful man who was mad about this game until the day he died and made sure to bring it up every single time someone mentioned Notre Dame in his presence)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

tactlessbastard posted:

ND was floppin'

It was pretty funny when the dude went down by Fromm and Gary started bitching about how that should be a penalty, then shut up immediately when their rules guy was like "Yeah, sure, let's flags dudes who get injured, the gently caress is wrong with you?"

I feel kind of dirty for watching the entirety of OSU-Miami of Ohio because goddamn, that went from "could be an interesting game" to "found footage snuff film" fast.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

I feel kind of dirty for watching the entirety of OSU-Miami of Ohio because goddamn, that went from "could be an interesting game" to "found footage snuff film" fast.

Oh well you'll get round two of that next week, plus Gameday will be there so it'll be even worse.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Rip Wheez

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nystral posted:

UCF losing to Pitt snaps a 27 game regular season win streak.

They last lost in the regular season in 2016.

Theyre going to be unranked after this arent they?

The losing streak is at 1.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

Ehud posted:

Somebody remind me how silly that Muschamp contract is again.

I believe it is 20M to clean house this year off the top of my head. We don't have the boosters.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Gotta start winning to get boosters. That or nuke Clemson from the face of the earth. Or just get cozy with some church to funnel cash.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I bring you a single play from Mizzou/South Carolina, and note that this pile of random words does not at all connote how stupid things were:

What the....huh?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Manny losing the fanbase already. That was one of the worst performances I've seen out of a canes team and I've seen a lot of poo poo performances.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What the....huh?

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1175525483548741633

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA really only played one full quarter of complete football last night from midway through the 3rd until ND's last two possessions. But if Kirby goes for it on that late 4th and short and UGA gets it, the game becomes a slow-motion runaway instead of the Dawgs near-soiling themselves. This, while having an utterly ponderous offensive gameplan....which I guess we just have to accept as tradition in Athens at this point, no matter who the OC is.

All's well, etc. UGA's October schedule: off week, @ Tennessee, South Carolina, Kentucky, off week.

re: UCF: it's gonna suck if Boise, who post-FSU is intent on winning every game 13-10, gets that G5 NY6 spot instead of the Knights.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

wazzu had six turnovers; they fumbled four times and recovered zero

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Pretty good to beat Okie Lite after trying really hard to give the game to them.

A lot of dumb mistakes this week, not the least of which were on the coaching side of things. Like usual, when we had the lead and some padding late, our offense just completely vanished in an attempt to run clock. It could have given OSU a good chance to win the game if Sam hadn't scampered for that final first down.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
when your dating profile says 'extroverted introvert'
https://twitter.com/GeorgeBalekji/status/1175483198152818689

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If I threw 9 TDs and we still lost Im purposely throwing bullets at the ballsack of every defender when we scrimmage in practice.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Declan MacManus posted:

wazzu had six turnovers; they fumbled four times and recovered zero

Curious what their win expectancy was with Bill Cs numbers. I remember when the Aggies blew their 30+ lead against UCLA, he said there was a chunk of the game that the model didnt even take into account because it considered it garbage time.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I dont really know what to make of the Gators win. They still look like poo poo.

Goddamn Tennessee is bad.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
This is fine

https://twitter.com/CFBgifer/status/1175652627155247105

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Dilber posted:

Manny losing the fanbase already. That was one of the worst performances I've seen out of a canes team and I've seen a lot of poo poo performances.

He looked like poo poo as DC at Texas and everyone was all lol Texas, but maybe it turns out he's not a good coach...

Texas tried everything in their power to lose the game last night, but still came away with the win. The secondary is still atrocious and the offensive play calling is regressing. Muffed punts happen, but I still have no clue wtf the return man was thinking on that last one.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahahahaha Muschamp

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

General Dog posted:

Curious what their win expectancy was with Bill Cs numbers. I remember when the Aggies blew their 30+ lead against UCLA, he said there was a chunk of the game that the model didnt even take into account because it considered it garbage time.

i looked at espns probability tracker and it doesnt start spiking until after uclas third touchdown in the third because statistical models dont understand what cougin it looks like

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Our secondary is only going to get worse as we lost two starters and a backup to injuries last night. The starters are getting MRIs today to see how bad it is, but pretty much our only hope of not having the worst secondary in college football is that the coaching staff has been making horrible personnel decisions and the backups are better than the starters. (On that note, we did have a true freshman DB pressed into service who made two clutch plays late in the game.)

Jalen Hurts is going to throw for 9 TDs on us

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

PostNouveau posted:

Our secondary is only going to get worse as we lost two starters and a backup to injuries last night. The starters are getting MRIs today to see how bad it is, but pretty much our only hope of not having the worst secondary in college football is that the coaching staff has been making horrible personnel decisions and the backups are better than the starters. (On that note, we did have a true freshman DB pressed into service who made two clutch plays late in the game.)

Jalen Hurts is going to throw for 9 TDs on us

Im praying that everyone lines up to run right up the gut for 3 yards a carry

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Im praying that everyone lines up to run right up the gut for 3 yards a carry

Worked against Oklahoma State!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Clearly Auburn is a top 5 team and Tulane should be a ranked team.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Spacebump posted:

Clearly Auburn is a top 5 team and Tulane should be a ranked team.

They'll do this to justify keeping Aggie ranked

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Ole Miss got hosed.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Also I knew this guy in high school (not Harbaugh), or at least we had some mutual friends. Good guy but it's always a little weird seeing his work on a national level.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Neil Armbong posted:

He looked like poo poo as DC at Texas and everyone was all lol Texas, but maybe it turns out he's not a good coach...

He was a really, really good DC for us. Jury is out as a head coach. He's learning on the job and we've had such bad coaches the fanbase is fast to turn.

He needs to make some coaching changes and fire some friends.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I stand by my prediction that Pruitt gets canned after the Georgia game.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Fire him after the Mizzou game so that Odom can be (somewhat) responsible for another fired coach.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

I stand by my prediction that Pruitt gets canned after the Georgia game.

If we, in a round about way, get two back to back Tennessee coaches fired, well thats just great.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tennessee looked so drat bad yesterday.

Even if that early fumble went their way they wouldn't have done anything with it.

And again they were getting run all over in the 4th quarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It was nice to see ISU actually dismantle a bad team for once. Even setting records while they did it.