Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

NickRoweFillea posted:

I stand by my prediction that Pruitt gets canned after the Georgia game.

I truly thought he would do better than he has. At the very least, you’d think the defense would be competent and it’s just not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yeah, I'm the guy who thought Pruitt was an excellent hire. Thought he had a hardass will to win and to change things up that would wash the Butch softness out of the program. Nevermind.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

FizFashizzle posted:

Tennessee looked so drat bad yesterday.

Even if that early fumble went their way they wouldn't have done anything with it.

And again they were getting run all over in the 4th quarter.

It was the Georgia State game all over again. Pruitt is out of his depth, Jim Chaney is a bad offensive coordinator, and Jarrett Guarantano is a really, really bad quarterback who is constantly asked to do more than he is capable of.

Eric Gray, Jajuan Jennings, Brent Cimaglia, and Henry To’to’o are dawgs though.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

I know it's scary to have big defenders running you down, but it boggles the mind that an FBS quarterback would run backwards as far as he did. I would hope he wouldn't have done that had it not been the very end of the game on a desperation play.

D.N. Nation posted:

Yeah, I'm the guy who thought Pruitt was an excellent hire. Thought he had a hardass will to win and to change things up that would wash the Butch softness out of the program. Nevermind.

This sums up how I felt about the hire. I thought he would instill a toughness, as corny as that sounds, in the team. I thought he would recruit well. I thought he would field a suffocating defense. I was wrong.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LLCoolJD posted:

I know it's scary to have big defenders running you down, but it boggles the mind that an FBS quarterback would run backwards as far as he did. I would hope he wouldn't have done that had it not been the very end of the game on a desperation play.

Not that this excuses anything exactly but I'd imagine his thought process was something like "well if we don't convert the game is over" and then a moment to moment "well the play isn't over yet!" right up to the end.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

LLCoolJD posted:

Maty Mauk used to do that too. He'd pointlessly scramble for 30 yards behind the line, only to toss the world's worst INT. He refused to throw the ball away for any reason and it was maddening to watch.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

ur in my world now posted:

Maty Mauk used to do that too. He'd pointlessly scramble for 30 yards behind the line, only to toss the world's worst INT. He refused to throw the ball away for any reason and it was maddening to watch.

Wasn’t he on coke? What do you expect?

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

colachute posted:

I don’t really know what to make of the Gators win. They still look like poo poo.

The Gators are doing well in the most important stat: wins. Dan Mullen Just Wins Games baby

Florida's WRs proved their hype yesterday, being open all day. Florida needs their WRs to show out because the only way we're winning against LSU and Georgia is to turn those games into shootouts. Kyle Trask's floor after a game and a half is absolutely higher than Franks's. Trask has the mobility and athleticism of a classic pocket passer, which is a fact that Dan Mullen studiously ignores. The Emory Jones package right now leads defenses to sell out to stop the run because Mullen won't call anything more than a screen pass for him. The Jones package is more "Tate Martell at OSU" than "2006 Tebow." Florida got some good run game reps when Tennessee put the controller down in the 4th quarter.

Jon Greenard is very good at football, and the DL remained great. Florida's run defense is great but boy, I still don't have faith in Florida's DBs. Marco Wilson looked better yesterday, but god do we need CJ Henderson to be back at full strength for LSU.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Can Arkansas play Tennessee at the end of the season and the loser gets kicked out of the SEC

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Hopefully none of the voters watched the Virginia game yesterday

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

colachute posted:

Wasn’t he on coke? What do you expect?

Name whatever drug you want to and odds are the answer was yes.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Texas had a classic Charlie Strong meltdown game last night - but luckily Ehlinger is good enough to pull us out of it - he has been incredible this season.

Just horrid special teams leading directly to 14 OSU points and almost cost us the game with botched onside recovery. Our defense, on the whole, played pretty well and limited CHUBBA HUBBARD (incredible name) and Tylan Wallace to below average games.

I don't know wtf gets in Herman's head when he has any sort of lead, but he really needs to figure out how to keep his foot on the gas until the game is out of hand 2 TD's with an entire quarter to play is most definitely not an insurmountable lead in the Big XII.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
lmfao michigan.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

LLCoolJD posted:

Once you start running the wrong way it’s pretty hard to throw until you find a place to turn around

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Lol Pruitt isn’t getting fired, it’s been a year plus 4 games. 3 OCs in 3 years, a garbage QB and an entirely new defensive scheme where the best players are the freshmen and sophomores Pruitt and co brought in.

I feel like I’m the only Tennessee fan that isn’t completely reactionary. Sure let’s fire another coach not even a year and a half into his tenure. Oh and let’s pay a second coach’s buyout while we’re at it.

If we’re having this same conversation in a couple years then fine but it’s loving dumb as hell to think he’ll be fired this year.

e: at least 14 points were left on the field yesterday in Jennings drop/turnover and DWA being wide rear end open for what would have been a TD but G overthrew him.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 22, 2019

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Jim Chaney is a bad offensive coordinator, and Jarrett Guarantano is a really, really bad quarterback who is constantly asked to do more than he is capable of.

Chaney was only a replacement-level coordinator with Chubb and Michel at his disposal; I have no idea what UT was thinking giving him that much $$$ other than this idea that they were getting one over on Georgia.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

News: Mel Tucker!

Views: Karma for those lovely ASU players/fans that deliberately injured our star player with a dirty hit and taunted one of our other injured players

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

D.N. Nation posted:

Chaney was only a replacement-level coordinator with Chubb and Michel at his disposal; I have no idea what UT was thinking giving him that much $$$ other than this idea that they were getting one over on Georgia.

His gameplan against Texas last year was to go east-west against a Big XII defense built on speed despite Holyfield having pretty good runs up the middle. ~~tHe GaMEplAn~~~

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

DrunkPanda posted:

News: Mel Tucker!

Views: Karma for those lovely ASU players/fans that deliberately injured our star player with a dirty hit and taunted one of our other injured players

yeah i thought i heard something on the mic, nothing awful just "see you later" type thing. all i remember is the announcers saying they never saw when he got hurt, so i dunno about the dirtyness of it. mel tucker seems cool.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Roasted Donut posted:

lmfao michigan.

Extremely same friend.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Texas is not gonna beat OU playing like that, although without complete boneheaded special teams mistakes we would’ve beaten Okie Lite by a much more comfortable margin. Idk how we kept them out of the end zone as many times as we did, given that they were just passing on us at will a lot of the time. Props to the defense for successfully bending and not breaking I guess.

I was pleased with our physical, methodical offense and the fact that we successfully ran the ball a lot without Ehlinger having to do so much of it and take so many hits. It gives me hope that on offense we’re going to be able to bully most of our conference opponents and just shove them around for 3-10 yard gains over and over.

I selfishly hope that Sam realizes he’s not an NFL QB and sticks around for next year, really gonna miss him when he’s gone.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

New #AP Top 25

1 Clemson
2 Alabama
3 Georgia
4 LSU
5 Ohio St
6 Oklahoma
7 Auburn
8 Wisconsin
9 Florida
10 ND
11 Texas
12 Penn St
13 Oregon
14 Iowa
15 California
16 Boise St
17 Washington
18 Virginia
19 Utah
20 Michigan
21 USC
22 UCF
23 Texas A&M
24 Kansas St
25 Mich St

unrank the entire state of michigan

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

His gameplan against Texas last year was to go east-west against a Big XII defense built on speed despite Holyfield having pretty good runs up the middle. ~~tHe GaMEplAn~~~

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1175835683275071494?s=20

Chaney had that guy as his fourth WR option last season. He...does not have this at UT this season.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
GameDay is going to Lincoln :wtf:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress the AP. That is BULLSHIT.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

gently caress the AP. That is BULLSHIT.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Jevan Snead is dead

https://www.kvue.com/article/sports/ncaa/longhorns/jevan-snead-ut-quarterback-dead/269-a1c2784c-d069-4f58-90dc-cbc2c0201048

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia in a vacuum probably should have pasted Notre Dame yesterday but i guess when you have so much depth and can just wait for the other team to gas out so you can just run a fresh RB down their throat you can afford to be caught off guard for a bit.

Wasn't a pretty win but after so many years of losing big games until Kirby I'll gladly take it

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
News: K-State is ranked in both polls after their bye week.

Views: lol

Also it's about drat time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Holy poo poo I thought this was going to be a joke about some play you remembered where he got blown up.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh wow, the guy who got blackballed for being gay and declared because Todd McShay told him he'd be a first round pick.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

they lost to costal carolina

I mean we're talking baby steps here, but they looked a billion times more competent and confident. (We're not good lol)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/aUselessPassion/status/1175450068494639104?s=20

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

oh wow, the guy who got blackballed for being gay

When did I miss this?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sash! posted:

When did I miss this?

It was never confirmed by the team or anything, but it was apparently why he had a bad junior year at Ole Miss and why he let todd Mcshay convince him to go pro.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Can Arkansas play Tennessee at the end of the season and the loser gets kicked out of the SEC

I’m sure SJSU would be happy to welcome us into the Mountain West so they can clown us every year :rip:

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Declan MacManus posted:

i looked at espn’s probability tracker and it doesn’t start spiking until after ucla’s third touchdown in the third because statistical models don’t understand what cougin it looks like

I genuinely hope WSU blows out every opponent they have for the rest of the year. And that it turns out that this loss to UCLA is the only thing that keeps them out of the college football playoffs, for the ultimate COUGIN IT experience

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

hifi posted:

yeah i thought i heard something on the mic, nothing awful just "see you later" type thing. all i remember is the announcers saying they never saw when he got hurt, so i dunno about the dirtyness of it. mel tucker seems cool.

Those were 2 separate instances. The one that injured our star player most definitely was a dirty hit, and the commentators basically confirmed they thought it was too, saying "you can't do that" and calling it a "dangerous play".

The one where the other guy got taunted wasn't a dirty play, but it's lovely to cheer or taunt an injured player

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

"wow my team has managed to cobble together three wins when I did't think they'd win more than two games all year after looking like football was a foreign concept against missouri"

"HUH LOL HOW COULD YOU FIND THAT A POSITIVE"

Lol ur team is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Sash! posted:

Ole Miss got hosed.

Good. gently caress 'em.