Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
https://twitter.com/NoahNewmanWJTV/status/1175513508978388993?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa moved up more after a bye than they did after beating ISU lol

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

just remembered arkansas lost to san jose state

lol

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lol at the AP and Coach's poll only letting 1 American team in the top 25 at a time. I think it might happen next week in the Coach's poll.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Pac 12 holding 13, 15, 17, 19, 21 spots in AP top 25.

Choose your favorite bad joke based on these rankings:
A) Pac-12 can't even
B) 3/5 teams are PRIMEd to win next week
C) Texas at #11 confirmed Pac-12 team
D) Five Pac-12 teams are ranked. That's the joke.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
If TFF had its way, there would only be like 8 teams ranked in the top 25 any given week.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

General Dog posted:

If TFF had its way, there would only be like 8 teams ranked in the top 25 any given week.

abolish the rankings, no one is above one or another, all teams are bad, score more points

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Maxwells Demon posted:

Pac 12 holding 13, 15, 17, 19, 21 spots in AP top 25.

Choose your favorite bad joke based on these rankings:
A) Pac-12 can't even
B) 3/5 teams are PRIMEd to win next week
C) Texas at #11 confirmed Pac-12 team
D) Five Pac-12 teams are ranked. That's the joke.

Partial to A and D, OP

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

General Dog posted:

it's not that there are 25 teams ranked

it's that those teams include Michigan and Texas A&M and not legitimate undefeated teams such as the unstoppable UAB blazers

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

General Dog posted:

Actually, I think most of us just want middling Power 5 conference teams who were ranked at the beginning of the year to get out of the rankings and put godd, weird, fun teams from lesser conferences in the ranking so people maybe will watch those teams.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
There should only be 8 teams in the top 25

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
you can rank Wisconsin #8, Wisconsin Without Jonathan Taylor #17 and Jonathan Taylor By Himself #3

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

G-Hawk posted:

abolish the rankings, no one is above one or another, all teams are bad, score more points

Some teams are more bad than others. See your previous

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

G-Hawk posted:

New #AP Top 25

No Wake Forest.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol Pruitt isn’t getting fired, it’s been a year plus 4 games. 3 OCs in 3 years, a garbage QB and an entirely new defensive scheme where the best players are the freshmen and sophomores Pruitt and co brought in.

I feel like I’m the only Tennessee fan that isn’t completely reactionary. Sure let’s fire another coach not even a year and a half into his tenure. Oh and let’s pay a second coach’s buyout while we’re at it.

If we’re having this same conversation in a couple years then fine but it’s loving dumb as hell to think he’ll be fired this year.

e: at least 14 points were left on the field yesterday in Jennings drop/turnover and DWA being wide rear end open for what would have been a TD but G overthrew him.

I’m not saying I want it to happen, I’m saying we’ve been stupid and reactionary for the last several years and I’m expecting more of the same.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

G-Hawk posted:

New #AP Top 25

1 Clemson
2 Alabama
3 Georgia
4 LSU
5 Ohio St
6 Oklahoma
7 Auburn
8 Wisconsin
9 Florida
10 ND
11 Texas
12 Penn St
13 Oregon
14 Iowa
15 California
16 Boise St
17 Washington
18 Virginia
19 Utah
20 Michigan
21 USC
22 UCF
23 Texas A&M
24 Kansas St
25 Mich St

unrank the entire state of michigan

usc is below utah because??

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

usc is below utah because??

transitive loss because of byu

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
5 SEC teams in the Top 10 may be a bit aggressive.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

CannonFodder posted:

No Wake Forest.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ranked #26!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sab0921 posted:

5 SEC teams in the Top 10 may be a bit aggressive.

We get Auburn, LSU, South Carolina then UGA October to early Nov, it’ll work itself out.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

LeeMajors posted:

We get Auburn, LSU, South Carolina then UGA October to early Nov, it’ll work itself out.

I'm coming back to this post when we have a Clemson, Bama, Georgia, LSU playoff because of how many top 10 wins each have.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It's really stupid that the ranking of each team matters when you play them and not whatever they are the week the poll comes out, but that's human nature for you.

5 SEC teams in the top 10 is really, really stupid.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sab0921 posted:

I'm coming back to this post when we have a Clemson, Bama, Georgia, LSU playoff because of how many top 10 wins each have.

Oh I meant the oddity of us being top 10. We will be cleansed.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

MourningView posted:

Iowa moved up more after a bye than they did after beating ISU lol

Might have something to do with ISU going 72-20 over UL Monroe, who were coming off losing by 1 to Florida State in OT. Makes Iowa's win look better in retrospect.

Shoulda beat Iowa as well, but the offense failed to capitalize early on and special teams screwed the pooch at the end.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

General Dog posted:

Well there's the playoff teams of Clemson, whomever of the 3 wins the SEC gauntlet but all 3 count towards the 8, OK, and OSU. Then ND gets in with institutional inertia, and PAC12 somebody. That's the 8.

And if TFF had their druthers the rest of the top 25 would consist of both Iowas, both Cougs, Wake, Wisky, UCF, SDSU, Boise, Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, teams that have beaten Tennessee that are not Florida, and a smattering of G5 teams that love to punch above their weight like App State and Georgia Southern and Memphis and Northern Illinois.

fake edit: I have been informed that the Marines do not have a Division 1 football team.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I was about to rant about polls, then decided not to since only the committee rankings matter. Then I decided to see who makes those rankings this year. The committee rankings are made by 5 P5 ADs, 3 former P5 coaches (at least one still tied to a P5 school), a professor from a P5 school, a former P5 player, the president of Robert Morris University, the AD of Arkansas St (who was a former P5 assistant coach), and a former US Army Chief of Staff.

In total the selection committee is made up of 11 people with P5 ties, many currently getting paid by their school. A president of a Northeast Conference school (that played football for Air Force), and the former Army Chief of Staff guy (who was on Army's team in college.) 15 spots, only two people seemingly have no P5 ties. Only one rep with ties from the American or Mountain West. Wonder why undefeated or 1 loss G5 schools will never be allowed in the playoffs.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Where does Michigan have to finish for Harbaugh to not be on the hot seat going into next year? Let's assume Ohio State wins again.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Komet posted:

Where does Michigan have to finish for Harbaugh to not be on the hot seat going into next year? Let's assume Ohio State wins again.

Winning the B1G.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lmao sparty sneaks back in after they whoop down on northwestern. pathetic!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Komet posted:

ngl I think Harbs is done without an Ohio State win, unless Michigan otherwise runs the table (assuming no conference title) and wins their bowl game. Maybe that's the internet Harbaugh skeptic in me but I think the guy's out of excuses at this point.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I just can’t imagine Michigan firing him barring a total meltdown. They’re certainly not going to fire him for 9-3. Unless he gets an NFL gig he can parachute to and halfway save face, I think they’re kind of stuck with each other.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Liquid Communism posted:

Might have something to do with ISU going 72-20 over UL Monroe, who were coming off losing by 1 to Florida State in OT. Makes Iowa's win look better in retrospect.

Shoulda beat Iowa as well, but the offense failed to capitalize early on and special teams screwed the pooch at the end.

lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Spacebump posted:

I was about to rant about polls, then decided not to since only the committee rankings matter. Then I decided to see who makes those rankings this year. The committee rankings are made by 5 P5 ADs, 3 former P5 coaches (at least one still tied to a P5 school), a professor from a P5 school, a former P5 player, the president of Robert Morris University, the AD of Arkansas St (who was a former P5 assistant coach), and a former US Army Chief of Staff.

In total the selection committee is made up of 11 people with P5 ties, many currently getting paid by their school. A president of a Northeast Conference school (that played football for Air Force), and the former Army Chief of Staff guy (who was on Army's team in college.) 15 spots, only two people seemingly have no P5 ties. Only one rep with ties from the American or Mountain West. Wonder why undefeated or 1 loss G5 schools will never be allowed in the playoffs.

The committee rankings are also a poll

downout
Jul 6, 2009

G-Hawk posted:

New #AP Top 25

1 Clemson
2 Alabama
3 Georgia
4 LSU
5 Ohio St
6 Oklahoma
7 Auburn
8 Wisconsin
9 Florida
10 ND
11 Texas
12 Penn St
13 Oregon
14 Iowa
15 California
16 Boise St
17 Washington
18 Virginia
19 Utah
20 Michigan
21 USC
22 UCF
23 Texas A&M
24 Kansas St
25 Mich St

unrank the entire state of michigan

Michigan ranked higher than UCF is a joke. No one thinks michigan could beat UCF right?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Ohio State moves ahead of Oklahoma, because pollsters have not yet mastered object permanence.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

downout posted:

Michigan ranked higher than UCF is a joke. No one thinks michigan could beat UCF right?

I mean Pitt did.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

OK so what's the Kellen Mond hate I always see cause Saturday it mostly seemed like he's a capable QB stuck with a coach that won't play to his strengths?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

They're just nostalgic for the days of Kenny Trill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

downout
Jul 6, 2009

kittenmittons posted:

I mean Pitt did.

Pitt is probably better than michigan.