Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Thermos H Christ posted:

I obviously have a dog in this fight but at this point I'm pretty convinced that was bogus and possibly just came from a misinterpretation of Orgeron's initial comments. Texas got so defensive we ended up releasing data from the climate control monitoring systems showing the temperature and the airflow in the locker room. It was set to 68 degrees, the actual temp averaged around 72-73, and maxed out at 74.7.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27602421/locker-room-review-shows-normal-temps

I don't get the Longhorns coach being so thin skinned about "horns down" and everything else but whatever he's doing seems to be working so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Does Clemson being in the ACC have an negative effect on the other teams? By drawing too many recruits that would go to some of the other regional schools otherwise and becoming a sort of unbalanced pole in the conference? Or does it theoretically stimulate some of the other traditional ACC powers to up their recruiting game?

I'm not sure I quite understand why the ACC is the way it is right now.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

I mean, you could say the same thing for Alabama considering that for a the last couple of few seasons, Clemson and Alabama have been utterly dominant, with Alabama going on a nearly unprecedented run of success. UGA has had a fighters chance but couldnt close it and is gaining at least in recruiting, but for now it is Alabama's conference just like the ACC is Clemson's.

Yeah I thought the same thing about Alabama too but decided to leave the question about just Clemson. It just feels like the sub Alabama tier in the SEC is a lot less hopeless compared with the non-Clemson ACC in recent years but I don't analyze this stuff closely so I'm probably ignoring good teams from the U, FSU etc. that I just didn't pay close enough attention to.