Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Texas is not gonna beat OU playing like that, although without complete boneheaded special teams mistakes we would’ve beaten Okie Lite by a much more comfortable margin. Idk how we kept them out of the end zone as many times as we did, given that they were just passing on us at will a lot of the time. Props to the defense for successfully bending and not breaking I guess.

I was pleased with our physical, methodical offense and the fact that we successfully ran the ball a lot without Ehlinger having to do so much of it and take so many hits. It gives me hope that on offense we’re going to be able to bully most of our conference opponents and just shove them around for 3-10 yard gains over and over.

I selfishly hope that Sam realizes he’s not an NFL QB and sticks around for next year, really gonna miss him when he’s gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Joey Freshwater posted:

The arrest for domestic assault was because apparently in TN, anytime the police respond to a DA call, there needs to be an arrest logged, which I don't entirely understand.

Something kind of like that could be true, but not that literally. There’s no way it would pass constitutional muster to say the police are going to arrest someone every time a call about suspected domestic violence comes in, regardless of what they find when they get there and whether or not they have reason to believe any crime has even occurred.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Joey Freshwater posted:

That's what I thought/assumed but the few articles that talked about it laid it out like that without giving much more detail. I thought it seemed weird too.

A little research says that if they have probable cause to believe someone committed assault against a member of their household or a dating partner, they are supposed to make an arrest regardless of whether or not anyone says they want to press charges. Notably, the definition of “assault” includes “causing a person to reasonably fear imminent bodily injury” so if he was breaking stuff and making threats that could be enough.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Well if a D1 football player is angry and breaking poo poo and says they want to hit you I think that would cause a reasonable person to fear imminent bodily injury, so yeah.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Taylor Hamm is kind of a pariah even among A&M fans in part because he apparently killed their chances with some big recruit by following the recruit around during a visit and then following him into a bathroom to try and corner him and ask him questions and it majorly creeped out the recruit and his dad

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Why would you even do that? If you want and have the starting job on a team you want to play for, you don’t just bail on the season, do you? I don’t see how it makes sense unless the plan is to transfer or declare.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

PostNouveau posted:

We did, against Oklahoma State.

It did not help.

I thought that watching the game but I’m not so sure, we’ve got 4 of those guys out for several weeks apparently.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

A.o.D. posted:

It was a 98 degree day, and the visitor's locker room didn't have any climate control, but yeah, every single LSU "HEAT INJURY" was totally bogus.

I obviously have a dog in this fight but at this point I'm pretty convinced that was bogus and possibly just came from a misinterpretation of Orgeron's initial comments. Texas got so defensive we ended up releasing data from the climate control monitoring systems showing the temperature and the airflow in the locker room. It was set to 68 degrees, the actual temp averaged around 72-73, and maxed out at 74.7.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27602421/locker-room-review-shows-normal-temps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Utah is an exceptionally beautiful state, and also the most overtly uptight state I have visited. Would still totally recommend going, at least to Zion/Bryce Canyon/Arches. And Provo always looks pretty in the wide shots of the stadium on TV.