Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Declan MacManus posted:

wazzu had six turnovers; they fumbled four times and recovered zero

Curious what their win expectancy was with Bill C’s numbers. I remember when the Aggies blew their 30+ lead against UCLA, he said there was a chunk of the game that the model didn’t even take into account because it considered it garbage time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LLCoolJD posted:

I know it's scary to have big defenders running you down, but it boggles the mind that an FBS quarterback would run backwards as far as he did. I would hope he wouldn't have done that had it not been the very end of the game on a desperation play.

Once you start running the wrong way it’s pretty hard to throw until you find a place to turn around

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If TFF had its way, there would only be like 8 teams ranked in the top 25 any given week.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I just can’t imagine Michigan firing him barring a total meltdown. They’re certainly not going to fire him for 9-3. Unless he gets an NFL gig he can parachute to and halfway save face, I think they’re kind of stuck with each other.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

OK so what's the Kellen Mond hate I always see cause Saturday it mostly seemed like he's a capable QB stuck with a coach that won't play to his strengths?

He occasionally flashes something that makes it seem like he could be really special, but it’s becoming pretty clear that he’s forever going to be just okay. I think that’s fine, and I think if we could run worth a drat it would solve most of the offense’s problems, but he just really frustrates some folks. Maybe he wouldn’t bother them so much if he was white, I dunno.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Rad Valtar posted:

The problem is I'm pretty sure that Michigan can find a coach for way less then $8 mil a year to go 9-3. You pay a guy that much and you better expect him to win something.

Fans always raise this logic, but you never hear anybody say, “well we went 7-5, but at least that’s tremendous value in terms of dollars per win”

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If there’s one thing to be learned from the last 20 years of college football, it’s that it’s not “easy” to win anywhere.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I keep it at 79 in the evening, and it goes to 81 while I'm asleep. Maybe it's causing my brain to swell, who can say?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think Baylor/ISU started as +3 for ISU and has moved to -3 for ISU, which just seems like a huge shift. I feel pretty good about the game, but it's hard to tell how good Baylor is, they've played all bad teams.

Yeah, I think it's a bit weird and they seem close enough that I'm surprised Baylor doesn't get a little benefit of the doubt at home.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sab0921 posted:

Baylor played Rice really close - This year's Rice team may be the worst D-1 football team I have ever seen.

That game was never really in doubt, and Rice also held Army to 14-7. Rice would probably be a TD favorite over UTEP, UTSA, or New Mexico State.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Scarf posted:

Son do you wanna tell me what exactly F-Y-A-D is?

No, your honor. I don't.

Your honor, to the best of my recollection it was mostly flame wars and gross pictures.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Scarf posted:

Is USC's fanbase remotely liberal at all? Or are they basically ND-west?

I cant really see an apologist for domestic violence lasting in the more liberal areas of California.

Depends on how many wins a year we’re talking about

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Do they make this one in children's medium?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Insert your own pole if you can.

heh

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sab0921 posted:

Wait, what?

First out of the state of Florida, I think. Obviously Florida State and Miami are true OOC road games.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Going on a date with another Aggie to watch the game at a sports bar. Is it appropriate for me to initiate horn sawing, or should I wait to see if she does?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sab0921 posted:

If you saw the horns together, that means you're legally married and then required to buy a maroon brick house in a Houston suburb. Northwest suburbs preferred for proximity to College Station.

I’m not thinking that far ahead yet, we haven’t even mugged down at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LLCoolJD posted:

What's the Arizona equivalent of the seersucker suit? A bolo tie and boots?

An ICE uniform with epaulets and a cape