Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

wazzu had six turnovers; they fumbled four times and recovered zero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

General Dog posted:

Curious what their win expectancy was with Bill C’s numbers. I remember when the Aggies blew their 30+ lead against UCLA, he said there was a chunk of the game that the model didn’t even take into account because it considered it garbage time.

i looked at espn’s probability tracker and it doesn’t start spiking until after ucla’s third touchdown in the third because statistical models don’t understand what cougin it looks like

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

G-Hawk posted:

New #AP Top 25

1 Clemson
2 Alabama
3 Georgia
4 LSU
5 Ohio St
6 Oklahoma
7 Auburn
8 Wisconsin
9 Florida
10 ND
11 Texas
12 Penn St
13 Oregon
14 Iowa
15 California
16 Boise St
17 Washington
18 Virginia
19 Utah
20 Michigan
21 USC
22 UCF
23 Texas A&M
24 Kansas St
25 Mich St

unrank the entire state of michigan

usc is below utah because??

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Warbird posted:

Bama making a bold play in seeing if you can win a natty with literally no D Line. Dudes are dropping like files.

coverage sacks are tight though i can see how you would want to build a team around them

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Komet posted:

Ohio State hasn't really played anyone yet, but it's hard to see them losing. Maybe Wisconsin, but 11-1 seems like a worst case scenario for them. They have to play Michigan State on the road at night, but Michigan State's offense is too bad to pose much of a threat. So in this sense, it might be a few years before the OSU job opens up.

Some sports betting site did have Fickell on the board as a possible Michigan replacement. Michigan needs to go out and bring in a not-Michigan Man, if they can even tolerate the thought. Michigan under Rich Rodriquez was the most exciting they had been in a long time. They just didn't play the level of defense necessary to win the Big Ten.

it won’t happen; they look like poo poo this year so they’ll trot out another pro style team and can the offense and give harbaugh one more year unless they lose out

if they were getting blown out on defense but the new look offense was getting results, sure, but i can 100% see michigan boosters going full on georgia and insisting that harbaugh run the dang ball and accepting that as the fix

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

For some reason I always thought Ann Arbor was actually on the lake and thus way better to live in than Columbus.

But no, I just looked it up and it's a bombed-out post-industrial shithole just like Columbus.

south bend is the “nice” one (which is to say the one that looks like the least sad version of detroit)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Scarf posted:

I can't take any kind of social media post seriously where the poster CAPITALIZES words when they're TRYING to convey EMPHASIS.

i mean, that’s white liberaldom in 2019

live, laugh, look past joe biden’s busing stance, as they say

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

General Dog posted:

An ICE uniform with epaulets and a cape

lmao

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Raku posted:

Bill Clark would kill it there imo. Never really has outrecruited anyone (which how could he at zombie UAB), but develops the poo poo out of what he has and just coaches them up.

heupel from ucf would also be great there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Raku posted:

Frost hasn't shown anything at Nebraska and Heupel hasn't done more than maintain what was already humming along

nebraska’s recruiting has been a mess since bo pelini left so i imagine frost will look better next season or not at all