Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Arkansas is not good

Jonathan Taylor is very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Spacebump posted:

I was about to rant about polls, then decided not to since only the committee rankings matter. Then I decided to see who makes those rankings this year. The committee rankings are made by 5 P5 ADs, 3 former P5 coaches (at least one still tied to a P5 school), a professor from a P5 school, a former P5 player, the president of Robert Morris University, the AD of Arkansas St (who was a former P5 assistant coach), and a former US Army Chief of Staff.

In total the selection committee is made up of 11 people with P5 ties, many currently getting paid by their school. A president of a Northeast Conference school (that played football for Air Force), and the former Army Chief of Staff guy (who was on Army's team in college.) 15 spots, only two people seemingly have no P5 ties. Only one rep with ties from the American or Mountain West. Wonder why undefeated or 1 loss G5 schools will never be allowed in the playoffs.

The committee rankings are also a poll

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

oh cool, UNT might have a chance next week

Too bad this wasnt a midweek decision

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1176244602745040896?s=19

Punting on the whole dang season 4 games in, I respect it

Thx to the schedule gods for not having UNT earlier in the season

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Thermos H Christ posted:

Why would you even do that? If you want and have the starting job on a team you want to play for, you don’t just bail on the season, do you? I don’t see how it makes sense unless the plan is to transfer or declare.

It helps that, by all accounts, the Houston backup QBs are really bad

Houston should redshirt all of their starters, just to be safe

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Sep 24, 2019

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

MourningView posted:

Locksley looks like he might be the only person the Saban Coaching Rehab Program actually worked on but prior to last year he had been pretty lovely everywhere else at everything except recruiting

Locksley came out looking way worse in the spat with Gattis over the summer, but lmao if Locksley actually had a point

I think Michigan has Rutgers next, so better score some points

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

MourningView posted:

Harbaugh has been disappointing relative to expectations but I don't know that firing him would accomplish a lot. They've still been mostly a good to very good team during his tenure and short of Urban Meyer, which can't happen for a bunch of reasons, I still don't really see anyone available who would be an obvious upgrade.

They should hire James Franklin, he actually beat Ohio St once

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

MourningView posted:

Really the big issue with Michigan is that they can't stop comparing themselves to OSU but OSU is coming off a stretch where they had one of the two most successful coaches on the last, like, 20 years and has a lot of natural recruiting advantages over Michigan on top of that.

What recruiting advantages does OSU have over Michigan other than being better at football? Ohio and Michigan are functionally the exact same same state with the exact same issue no matter how one team spins it. Urbz could recruit a few extra florida players, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Godzilla07 posted:

Sure, visiting Utah would be neat. This would also be Florida's first true road non-conference game since Syracuse in 1991

https://twitter.com/GatorsFB/status/1177651619153858561?s=20

Florida leaving the state?

You cant fool me