Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Pretty good to beat Okie Lite after trying really hard to give the game to them.

A lot of dumb mistakes this week, not the least of which were on the coaching side of things. Like usual, when we had the lead and some padding late, our offense just completely vanished in an attempt to run clock. It could have given OSU a good chance to win the game if Sam hadn't scampered for that final first down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Our secondary is only going to get worse as we lost two starters and a backup to injuries last night. The starters are getting MRIs today to see how bad it is, but pretty much our only hope of not having the worst secondary in college football is that the coaching staff has been making horrible personnel decisions and the backups are better than the starters. (On that note, we did have a true freshman DB pressed into service who made two clutch plays late in the game.)

Jalen Hurts is going to throw for 9 TDs on us

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Im praying that everyone lines up to run right up the gut for 3 yards a carry

Worked against Oklahoma State!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
We ran a cool trick play this week

https://twitter.com/PFF_Cam/status/1175591947223937025

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

So on the drive where everyone claimed that Notre Dame had a player fake an injury... a totally different player started to go down until he realized someone else was going down. I'm not really bent out of shape about it because I would rather a hurt player feel like they can go down, but :lol: if this doesn't seem blatant.

https://twitter.com/ugabarstool/status/1176199428648181762

I don't think there's a good way to stop this without risking safety.

I don't think it helps the defense all that much anyway.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

Sure it does. It kills offensive momentum and gives the defense rest.

I dunno man I haven't tracked it or anything but it feels like the team that's getting its rear end whipped by the offense often just goes right back to getting their rear end whipped by the offense once play resumes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

I'll be honest, it looks like this is not a fake. #6 was limping around, #11 saw it and was yelling "get down, get down" or something like that and went to tackle him. #20 was walking off the field and heard whatever was being yelled and ducked because he had no idea what was going on.

He is walking pretty wonky.

That dude should not be dragging him down by the shoulders if he thinks he's injured.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sab0921 posted:

LSU did that a lot - it did not help them.

Counterpoint, Texas did not do that - so maybe they should have at least tried.

We did, against Oklahoma State.

It did not help.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

"Keith Corbin, the team's second-leading receiver and also a senior, will also sit out the rest of the season and redshirt, the team announced."
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27687204/uh-qb-king-redshirt-rest-19-plans-return
I didn't realize multiple Houston players quit after the Tulane game.

That rules Tulane owned them so hard all their good players quit

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

I thought that watching the game but I’m not so sure, we’ve got 4 of those guys out for several weeks apparently.

Oh, someone in the GDT said one of them looked very signaled, but then everyone thinks every injury is a dive now.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mactheknife posted:

said it before and i'll say it again - LSU has a long tradition of being genuinely terrible at keeping their players hydrated

Hard to compete with Championship Level Hydration. That's the Mensa advantage.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What recruiting advantages does OSU have over Michigan other than being better at football? Ohio and Michigan are functionally the exact same same state with the exact same issue no matter how one team spins it. Urbz could recruit a few extra florida players, I guess.

For some reason I always thought Ann Arbor was actually on the lake and thus way better to live in than Columbus.

But no, I just looked it up and it's a bombed-out post-industrial shithole just like Columbus.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

I turn the a/c to up (down?) to like 78 when I go to work because I'm not there. But set it to arctic when I am trying to sleep. Am I doing it right?

You, personally, are killing us all. Everyone else just sleeps with the windows open, but this one choice made by one person is dooming the entire planet.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

I can't actually find what the tweet was but the Busch Light Sign Guy got milkshake duck'd by the Des Moines Register and had to issue an apology for some lovely racist tweets he made when he was 16, and now Anheuser Busch is cutting ties with him. They're still gonna make the donation to the hospital (total is over a million now) but I assume the special beer can and stuff are done now.

:lol:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:argh:^^^

Sab0921 posted:

What does the phrase "milkshake duck'd" mean?

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/741904787361300481

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zerilan posted:

So has any other school in recent years done what Holgerson is doing right now and redshirted multiple seniors just to take a mulligan on the year?

Blazing new trails I think.

I'd love to see him explain it to a recruit

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

Something Awful is single handedly the reason I can't go into politics

It's OK Leonard J. Crabs will defend you in front of the House Disciplinary Committee.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol the Banner Society Watch Grid has Akron-UMass as must watch and Virginia-Notre Dame as maybe watch. And for good reason:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

That's just such a weird spread of takes

I think that's the point. Satire tweet about how weird white moderate libs are.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Fighting Mack Browns are beating Clemson

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also Pitt just failed to convert and is gonna punt to Delaware up 3 with 90 seconds left

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol Delaware roughed the punter to lose the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Just realized I've been posting in the wrong thread quite a bit here