Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Bad week for the PAC. Are any of these teams going to be in the top 15 at the end of the season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Where does Michigan have to finish for Harbaugh to not be on the hot seat going into next year? Let's assume Ohio State wins again.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

MourningView posted:

They're really bad in the middle of the defense, to the point that they were screwing around with a FB at DT for a bit, which went about as well as expected. Turns out that's bad when you play option teams and Wisconsin!

On offense yeah, for all the hands off talk in the offseason it still looks a lot more like Harbaugh's offense than what Penn State and Bama were doing when Gattis was there, and I don't think Patterson is actually as good as his recruiting ranking (also he might be hurt?). They have really good receivers and should be taking tons of deep shots but that hasn't happened much

Gattis was a receiver coach at Penn State, and while he was really good at that and a great recruiter, it isn't clear why he should have moved up to co-OC at Alabama and OC at Michigan. Just because he was around while Joe Moorhead was OC doesn't necessarily make him Joe Moorhead. I mean, we seem to be seeing a drop off at OC at Penn State. So in that sense, it was a big risk for Michigan to upgrade him to OC without a longer stint of being a coordinator elsewhere. The question is: would Harbaugh even allow a more experienced coordinator run the offense without meddling?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

MourningView posted:

He had success every stop before this. The Bama offense was he co-OC for was one of the best in the country, someone hiring him to be full on OC is pretty natural. Working as a position coach for successful offenses is how people get OC jobs.

Yeah, but Mike Locksley probably had more to do with this as the Bama OC.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Locksley came out looking way worse in the spat with Gattis over the summer, but lmao if Locksley actually had a point

I think Michigan has Rutgers next, so better score some points

I could see this being a really ugly 13-6 type of game. Does Harbaugh make it to the end of the season if Rutgers beats Michigan?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Ohio State hasn't really played anyone yet, but it's hard to see them losing. Maybe Wisconsin, but 11-1 seems like a worst case scenario for them. They have to play Michigan State on the road at night, but Michigan State's offense is too bad to pose much of a threat. So in this sense, it might be a few years before the OSU job opens up.

Some sports betting site did have Fickell on the board as a possible Michigan replacement. Michigan needs to go out and bring in a not-Michigan Man, if they can even tolerate the thought. Michigan under Rich Rodriquez was the most exciting they had been in a long time. They just didn't play the level of defense necessary to win the Big Ten.

Komet fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 24, 2019

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

God forbid I ever run for office and some journalist digs up my SAS shitposts from 2005 or that Lynndie England story.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Scarf posted:

oh you mean this BLESSED image?

other favorites:

and the cfb edition:

Have any of you ever been to Daytona Beach, because it's nothing but shops that sell these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Nur_Neerg posted:

My god Justin Fuente is a piece of poo poo head coach.

I'm definitely driving down to Blacksburg for the Penn State game next year.