Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

MourningView posted:

Big fan of the Jamie Pollard press conference today where he once again made sure to point out that Iowa fans are mean too and then blamed the band for marching aggressively and using the wrong exit.

jfc this is ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Are the sandwiches good though?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

I'm still waiting for more details on these Ann Arbor Sandwiches

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

What does the phrase "milkshake duck'd" mean?

1. internet falls in love with endearing person and/or concept

2. person and/or concept is revealed to be somehow horrible

Edit: I just wish someone had a link to the original tweet! ;-*

Seaniqua fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 25, 2019

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

DrunkPanda posted:

To be fair, your team and state sucks and should lose every game regardless of any circumstances

Namaste

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

LLCoolJD posted:

Ohio State are 18 point favorites over Nebraska, but I feel it could easily turn into something like 48-14. Still, I am really interested in the game as a test of where these programs really stand.

Not to be the "my team sucks" guy but Nebraska doesn't have all the pieces yet and I still think it's at least a couple years away. Nebraska really struggles to hold on to the ball. They've lost nine fumbles this year which puts them smack dab at 130th in the nation. That's last place.

I will say that the defense has been a pleasant surprise and there are a handful of legitimate offensive weapons but there's not much depth and it can get pretty predictable if they are forced into passing situations. If Nebraska can cover that spread I'll be pretty pleased, depending on how it looks.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

I was once permabanned off the 311 bulletin board (yes, I know) for posting a bunch of photoshops of Nick Hexum inserted into the Passion of the Christ, including one where he was being crucified. I didn't actually make the photoshops, but it was a fellow SA user who had.

I also made a bunch of threads containing tall.gif and huge.jpg which made people effectively unable to use the forums.

I was a real edge lord and it certainly cost me what would have been a very lucrative and selfless political career.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

But what's your stance on the outside of horses?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

So, I'm really considering going to gameday. For people here who have done it, realistically how early would I have to get there if I want my sign to get on TV?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

UNL's statement says this:

quote:

Individuals who enter the pit will be screened and must adhere to all ESPN rules. No food or drink is allowed, and screening will include bag checks and inspection of all signs. Signs that include vulgar language, political or religious statements, and promotions for outside brands or websites are not permitted.

I'm wondering what those "ESPN rules" are. Like, being a fat 34-year-old with an inside joke on his sign isn't going to break any rules is it? I am technically an alumnus.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

fixed your link for ya bud

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

it's still pretty incredible they got so much mileage off of such a silly joke, it's really incredible how funny a lot of those are

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

So my plan is to head to Lincoln tomorrow morning to try to get a sign on gameday. I have an idea for a wheeztheroux sign but I'd really like to run it by a member of his family. Has anyone here interacted with them? Is this the kind of thing they'd rather not happen? I found a couple of them on facebook and sent them messages but I don't want to invade the privacy of people I don't know who lost someone close to them. I know he'd think it was funny.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

a: We | | nt
Ba| |a sign seems like the best thing to bring if you want people who know to appreciate it. Insert your own pole if you can.

This is 100% my plan.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Bonus points if you can just print the actual picture. I would die laughing if I saw that on Gameday.

I considered this. I'll see what I can do

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

One of Wheez’s sisters got back to me on Facebook and gave me the A-OK for my gameday homage. Going out to buy supplies now, I'll update here when I'm done!

Go cougs

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

I realize the lettering got sorta crowded on the second side. That's because I tried to leave enough room on that side to scribble "please donate at wheeztheroux.com" after I get through the screening. Apparently they won't let your sign in if you try to promote a website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

DrunkPanda posted:

You blocked off his picture in your sign? What's even the point of having him on there, then?

That's the original picture, check it out here. The whole sign is an homage to that situation.