Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

News: Mel Tucker!

Views: Karma for those lovely ASU players/fans that deliberately injured our star player with a dirty hit and taunted one of our other injured players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Declan MacManus posted:

i looked at espn’s probability tracker and it doesn’t start spiking until after ucla’s third touchdown in the third because statistical models don’t understand what cougin it looks like

I genuinely hope WSU blows out every opponent they have for the rest of the year. And that it turns out that this loss to UCLA is the only thing that keeps them out of the college football playoffs, for the ultimate COUGIN IT experience

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

hifi posted:

yeah i thought i heard something on the mic, nothing awful just "see you later" type thing. all i remember is the announcers saying they never saw when he got hurt, so i dunno about the dirtyness of it. mel tucker seems cool.

Those were 2 separate instances. The one that injured our star player most definitely was a dirty hit, and the commentators basically confirmed they thought it was too, saying "you can't do that" and calling it a "dangerous play".

The one where the other guy got taunted wasn't a dirty play, but it's lovely to cheer or taunt an injured player

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Joey Freshwater posted:

Bryce Thompson domestic assault charges were dismissed, which isn't all that surprising. I'm guessing he'll need to take some anger management classes but from a team standpoint he was effectively suspended for three games but traveled with the team this past week and played sparingly (and not well). Probably the best thing for him to be around teammates vs. being left alone to figure poo poo out alone.

For what it's worth, he didn't actually physically assault anyone. He damaged a gate and yelled something about shooting up the school. The kid obviously has emotional/anger management issues and needs some help. The arrest for domestic assault was because apparently in TN, anytime the police respond to a DA call, there needs to be an arrest logged, which I don't entirely understand. A third party called the cop and reported it as a domestic dispute, so here we are. The girlfriend that was involved also testified that 'at no point was she scared' and didn't want to press charges.

I don't really know what the "right" move here is but I can't imagine kicking him off the team/out of school would do him much good. There's been comments from Pruitt and other internal UT people that say they have a plan for him that he'll need to stick to to stay on the team, and I hope its not BS and works.

I mean, you're downplaying him yelling that he was going to shoot up a school to a really weird degree.... That's not something that normal people yell just because they're angry and it doesn't deserve an "oh boys will be boys, lol" dismissive response. That's a really serious threat that I wouldn't be surprised if it would cause a normal student to get expelled from school for making... Just because he can play football gud doesn't mean he should face no punishment for it (also he probably can't play football gud if he plays for Tennessee imo).

Also don't even try to pretend you want him to stay on the team "for his own good". You aren't a Cornhusker fan, don't act like them. Unless you are a Cornhusker fan, in which case..... still don't act like them

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Sep 25, 2019

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

wa27 posted:

Still thinking about how Nebraska almost lost this...

To be fair, your team and state sucks and should lose every game regardless of any circumstances

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

PostNouveau posted:

I don't think there's a good way to stop this without risking safety.

I don't think it helps the defense all that much anyway.

To be fair, more teams should do what I do when I play video game football and have a defensive lineman line up next to the quarterback, and immediately blast him when the ball is snapped, to force a clock stoppage when they want a rest....

Or if that's too blatant to be allowed, just line up correctly and shove the offensive lineman over before the snap, costs you 5 yards but works like a timeout

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Raku posted:

Lsu fans threw garbage at my family and Tennessee fans called my four year old sister ugly

It just means more

To be fair, those are good fans. The worst fans are the ones that go out of their way to be "classy" in the hopes that the other fanbase will spread word of their good deeds. It's kind of cringy.

Also I'm a fan of a team that has a reputation for being some of the worst fans in college football, I don't really give a poo poo about our "rep", not going to lie awake worrying about other people thinking our fanbase is "bad"

Alright, I'm joking about those being good fans, throwing garbage at people for liking a different team and trash talking 4 year olds isn't very cool (unless they are Husker fans, in which case I'm going to condone it), but if I saw someone in my fanbase do it, I'd think "that guy's a prick". Not "oh no! he's making are fanbase luk bad" while clutching my pearls

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 26, 2019

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Did they say his last name is HOLINESS? Or am I mishearing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

You blocked off his picture in your sign? What's even the point of having him on there, then? Also I always thought wheez the roux was a big black guy. apparently I'm really bad at mentally picturing people