Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

oscarthewilde posted:

'The only good kind'

That would be the bare chested cop with points only on physique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Quicksilver6 posted:

Uh oh I’ve tried that already. I’m going to have to doom the village, aren’t I?

There is a certain trio of hobos in the village, try talking to them

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
I thought Yakuza 0 would be my crowing videogame disco achievement, but I was wrong. Composure is indeed the most important stat.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

ymgve posted:

So I did a certain event in the church, and after that I can do a skill check. But I have an insane -10 modifier called Pale Unknown that I have no idea what means. Any hints?

Certain character can talk to you about the Pale.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Question for those that have finished the game: (massive spoilers obviously):
On the island, after meeting the man there, did you do the dream sequence? If so, who did you meet?
I decided to roleplay a "Moralist"(basically centrist), and my dream involved meeting the manifestation of centrism. It was pretty funny in how it was presented too, basically saying that even if you absolutely love the moralist system, it obviously doesn't care about you, and will ditch you on a moments notice.

Wondering if that or other aspects are different based on what choices you make throughout the game.

Oh yes, you get wildly different endings
I got a giant phasmid cryptozoid. It inadvertently ruined the old man by secreting the hormones that make it invisible constantly since he settled there for a long time and would not leave. It can communicate with certain humans also can sense the Pale. And it was not a solo delusion because even Kim could see it. He managed to get a photo of it and it was a bonus point in my evaluation because I made a breakthrough discovering a new species.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

I think you get that regardless, what I was talking aboit is afterwards.
Use the bed in the fort after you've talked to the guy.

Well poo poo, I actually missed that. Reloading.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Jose posted:

What was everyone's first game over? Mine was in the bookstore and tried to shout up the chimney and failed the 83% chance roll, lost 1 morale and had the game end

Digging into the corpse was too much for my poor heart.
Starting with Endurance 2 and using medicine to heal from a very uncomfortable chair did not help

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

-Zydeco- posted:

Does shivers ever give you usable info in regular conversations? I'm 5 1 1 5 and though I got like 4 shivers from clothing and thoughts it mainly just gives me cinematic descriptions of the city. I want to do a shivers heavy play though next since I like how somber its descriptions are, but it seems to almost never come up in conversations.

LET IT GO.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

divx posted:

Going to try this out. Are there any obvious trap builds I should avoid? I'm thinking about going with 2 points in Int and Mot, and 4 in Psy and Fys and Inland Empire as my signature.

I'd suggest One of the Mot skills as the signature to raise their learning cap.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Horizon Burning posted:

Don't forget how virtually every character you meet in PoE starts by giving you a 2000-word thesis on some aspect of Obsidian's worldbuilding. The writing was terrible.

The problem is exacerbated by the inclusion of backers' Donut Steel characters and stories.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Calico Heart posted:

What are some of the best/most interesting things that can happen if you fail a Check? The poster who mentioned failing to sneak away from Garte got me thinking about this.

For me failing to come up with a fake name is almost essential and failing that Check really adds some character to our boy early on. Similarly, I've heard that there's a Thought you can gain from triggering but failing a Check with Manana, but I've never been able to get it.

While the most obvious example would be the Cock Carousel, my favorite example are the failure options for trying to swindle an old man from his sandwich

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Infinite Karma posted:

The Hardie Boys were really excited to see me put a gun in my mouth after I failed the check to get them to cooperate. My thought cabinet was also really excited for me to blow my brains out, I kinda wish I didn't chicken out. And now I wonder if the gun was actually loaded since it's a muzzle loader and Kim had to load it by hand to shoot down the Merc...

You can also put the gun in the mouth when you are given the gun to shoot down the body.
A possible outcome?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Verviticus posted:

yeah basically this is exactly what i got. i read some of the kickstarter npcs, didnt real others, thought the system that included them was pretty well done, and i enjoyed basically all the companions. none of them were as good as kim or lantry, but the former is your only companion and the latter is one of the best companions in a game imo

I expected what I got from the White March from the start, basically.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm frankly not sure why they give you multiple options to name the club.

Maybe to make you feel happier about picking the right one.

No truce with the furies gets great reactions, especially with Kim if you tried to bring it up whenever possible (like naming the case)

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
That is why the new religion should revolve around Contact Mike

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

*Cuffing Cuno and Cunoesse and shoving them in the back of Kim's car*

Look I'm just doing my duty as a policeman , I'm just doing my job kids. You broke the law and that's all there is to this.

You're allowed to respond to this post.

Kids are for punching.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Doctor Reynolds posted:

What was everyone's favourite moment in the game? Excluding the ending, karaoke and the dance off, as those are easy answers!

Mine is Kim's exasperation at Harry being right about there being something special about that shipping container. Imagining what's going through his head is very amusing.

Favorite success: Staring Down Evrart. The whole 'boss' encounter is pretty drat great
Favorite Failure: Sandwich Revolution
Favorite kim moment: Acquiring spiffy new jackets
Favorite ongoing Gag: Contact Mike.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Samovar posted:

Huh.

Btw, I remember hearing how some moderate commentators didn't quite like this game (one of the major reasons why I knew I wanted to get it), does anyone have a good link about them? I could do with a dark laugh.

Like waypoint?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

I notice the game reacts to you running around a lot, and it mentions that during the debriefing. I wonder, does that change if you walk everywhere? Could that reaction change what your past ends up being?

That certain background option is always there and just rationalized with different actions you took(Obsessed with Contact Mike)

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Xander77 posted:

It's been a while since I played through PS:T, and I don't really remember the specifics when people talk about abandoning their evil playthroughs.

But I had to play as a pure rear end in a top hat for guide writing purposes, and there's one specific moment where Volition calls you out that hit me hard.
Going for the good outcome with Durkon actually makes me feel bad, so I can understand evil actions making people even more uncomfortable. .Just recalling memories when you snap necks was major deterrent for going down that road

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Kaysette posted:

Failing the “sneak away from Garte” check was the funniest thing in the whole game.

Lies, failing to get the sandwich is.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Samovar posted:

I could only imagine a movie version of DE working by having the actual aspects physically appearing, with only Harry noticing/acknowledging them.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Xander77 posted:

So... Cocaine Skull aside, what do people want out of the new and improved Disco?

I'm still hankering for a secret door connecting the bar directly to Evrart's office.

Or at least some poo poo to do in the harbor as you run through it.

Being able to instigate fistfights by researching the Litany of Contact Mike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Disco Elysium: It's an expression of Pain

the whole game about Harry's, really.