Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Minor mid-game spoiler:

Can I find my gun without working for Evrart? I got as far as the pawnshop guy telling me 'someone named Pigs has it' and the game telling me I'll need to luck across it.
But I hit the fishmarket after 10 and it was empty! However, I did this without reporting it missing and without triggering the secret task.

P.S. This game is excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
This felt like a CYOA novel. It's like a new genre. Every other game that's billed itself like this lied. Not this one. I did two runs and took completely different paths each time.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

And communism has the Deserter who is a better communist than you. Actually the serious answer here is Titus Hardie

It also has (ending spoiler) the vision bug, who tells you to move on from that chick. Do it for the working class. (She's middle class, you know)

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

It feels like you're supposed to be the sad communist.

With a Five Day Plan for the people.

For a better Martinaise.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
My only concern is how funny failed checks can be.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Anyone have the [ART COP GLASSES ON] post handy?

(It was great but like 50 pages ago)

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I'm sorry. I should not be so mad.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
EMPATHY [Easy: Success] -- This is bad and you should feel bad.

ELECTROCHEMISTRY -- Go back and read Art Chat instead.

dead gay comedy forums posted:

This game.

I don't think there is any other game out there that uses modernist/neomodernist technique like Disco Elysium.

[ART COP GLASSES ON]

Volition is my favorite because of how emblematic it is. Oxford defines the word as "the faculty or power of using one's will", and few things are more associated with our actions than our hands: see how the crown can resemble the idea of one? And the crown itself is all about I am the captain of my soul here. The reason why it is a """boring""" skill is that ultimately, it represents will itself: it won't bow to anything it does not want (i.e., you want), particularly against the wills of other individuals and aspects of oneself.

Jean Vicquemaure. Looks a bit dog-ish. Look at his forehead: a permanent crease of concern. But it is easy to miss the most important thing there. Compare with this guy:

Look at the contrasts, the blacks and whites, the square and the circle. Squared halos were a thing in Early Christianity, particularly when it comes to representation of icons. Consider that Jean was your partner: he can't stop giving you poo poo because he can't conceive that his friend, his partner, his ally, is gone - your memory loss is a form of death. His "holiness" to the PC is more obfuscated as such, unlike the very evident of Kim's.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Enjoy posted:

How do you find the name of the ex-something

In the final area, use the bed. You get some character-focused dialog.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

so im a completionist and basically tracked down every lead, but is it possible to get to the end part without solving the murder?

more specifically, what happens if you dont find the bullet in the body? it seemed like if i didnt find it the coverup would have been airtight

I think it's process of elimination.

I rushed my second playthrough so Klassje never told me about the sniper, but I did find the bullet. However, the only reason I went to the island was because Kim and I were like, "We're all out of leads but we still haven't checked the islands and WE ARE NOT QUITTERS.

That seemed like a bit of a catchall.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

itry posted:

There's an item in the game that won't appear in its location if you don't have high Shivers. So if it's a real power, then it suggests that the spirit of Revachol is real and that it can move objects around or create them. :tinfoil:

Whoa, what is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
And here I was thinking I'd get anything done today.