Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Captain Splendid posted:

I liked his VA apart from when he was pronouncing things in a notFrench accent.

The only really bad one that stuck out for me was the history buff with his son.

Egghead was internally coherent. :colbert:

i noticed how artificial trant sounded, but to disco elysium's credit, it felt both plausible and hilarious that there would just be a guy around that sounds like that normally. especially one giving his kid a spiel about the history of a building like he's the voiceover in an educational video you'd watch at school.

as for klaasje... the raphael ambrosius costeau i played handed her a station call slip. i figured she would obviously skip out on it, but shivers said (in la revacholiere CAPITAL LETTERS) a free/self-governed revachol was coming, where she presumably could face the music fairly without being quietly disappeared, and maybe it'll give her the time it needs for that to happen. i love you too city, i believe in you. plus afterwards, volition told me that showing mercy is rarely a complete mistake. V:unsmith:V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

video is missing the fact that its totally justified :colbert:

ItsDisposable posted:

Been a while so I might be misremembering, but the last time I talked to Cuno he was all (paraphrased) heard you got between some poo poo and got shot, squealing and crying like a little piggy.

So I guess that's what's cool now.

And he 100% meant that last bit sincerly, bless :3:

the cun's in his kingdom, all's right with the world

i ended up with a nearly 50gb folder of screenshots from my playthrough :shobon:

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
i love any and every point in the game where you pick dumb poo poo to say and kim actually thinks its funny or plays along

Turpitude II fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Mar 21, 2020

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Wafflecopper posted:

IIRC Espirit de Corps says that if anyone asks he’s ratting you out

:allears:

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
electrochemistry is the pleasure centre. it does react to other things that cause good feelings, it's just that the character you play doesn't seem to have many other avenues of getting the enjoyable bodily chemicals besides drugs and horniness. to my recollection, i've only seen one time it's from something else.

edit: two times.

Turpitude II fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Apr 15, 2020

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

WhatEvil posted:

Also there's the whole thing about how they bounce radio waves through the pale and that somehow makes it navigable? Can't remember the exact quote or even who I was speaking to about it.

might be from ruby talking about the pale emitter setup she has?

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo4sHDGiDC0

i believe this was linked here earlier but i can't find the post so i'm doing it again. good watch, and very pertinent.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Digital Osmosis posted:

I can't remember where but I recently got some dialog where someone called me a whore -- I think metaphorically, for doing other people's dirty work? Anyway one of the responses was something like "Sorry but I can't be a whore, I think I'm already hooking for Cuno."

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

paradoxGentleman posted:

Wait, wait, Ruby is queer? And so is Glen? And... Kim, maybe? Where are you folks getting this?

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Are you saying this isn't helpful?

But yeah, can recommend a high phys run, it's pretty hilarious.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I've said it before but one of the reasons Kim comes off so great is that he's a straight man who isn't a wet blanket. So often that role is written as the "fun police", but Kim is much more nuanced where he puts on a serious facade but will only actually stop Harry from doing something if it seems like it might be legitimately dangerous or harmful. Most of the time he's content to go "alright, let's see where this goes". He also clearly has his own quirks and indulgences rather than just being a pure robot all the time.

speaking of this screenshot, and kim owning severely........

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

GlyphGryph posted:

I really need to remember to start a quick game with maxed out Inland Empire just so I can talk to the eyes.

where are the mysterious pair of eyes, anyway? and where does this conversation happen? i've managed to miss both of these things so far.

EorayMel posted:

Anti Horny Game

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

christmas boots posted:

Finishing the autopsy on site is so much better than doing it in the fridge.

on top of the funny comments from the kids, i enjoy that if you do the whole autopsy successfully including bullet removal on-site, you get a bonus to cuno's empathy check, because he witnessed you do it and thinks it was awesome. :v:

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
telling the sunday friend i am a "master debater" had big austin powers energy

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Breetai posted:

I want a mod where you gain a single point in half light every time you take damage.

that's a neat idea. it sounds like it would be the result of a completed thought cabinet thought, tbh. probably about feeling overwhelmed by all the horrible knowledge you're gaining about the world and yourself, and caused by you learning one too many bad things? or from needing to save yourself from dying via healing at 0 health or morale more than a couple times? named like, "back against the wall" or "under the gun" or something? idk, but its fun to think about.

edit: "fear of the dark" because it's half-light flailing and trying to point its light at every errant shadow, now that it's been kicked into overdrive from the animal panic of close calls. do not go gentle into that good night, and all that.

Turpitude II fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
australian and my update is downloading! :toot: