Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what's the deal with magnesium? is it illegal to soothe your upset stomach in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you use it to poo poo yourself in combat, got it

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

but then how could you play as Captain Sam Vimes

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Vonkrieger posted:

lol you gently caress off oval office.

have fun roleplaying as a proud boy because you're too wussy to do it irl

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

all i see is the words "ELECTROCHEMISTRY" telling me to lick random spills nearby

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gonna play as someone with completely midline stats and no Thoughts at all. game'll probably take like three hours

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

can't play this for a couple of weeks due to the download size (no internet at present) so welp, guess i get to stop following this thread

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jesus christ that was a good game

accidentally recruited another junior detective as well

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pronounced "ill-issy-um" instead of "ell-eee-zee-um"... a true Cuno....

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dreylad posted:

the guy who does measurehead deserves a medal for having to learn how to pronounce all the race science jargon

HAM SANDWICH

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Can someone explain what was meant by a moralist in the game? It went right over my head

quote:

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded. Centrism isn't change -- not even incremental change. It is *control*. Over yourself and the world. Exercise it. Look up at the sky, at the dark shapes of Coalition airships hanging there. Ask yourself: is there something sinister in moralism? And then answer: no. God is in his heaven. Everything is normal on Earth

centrists who choose neutrality and status quo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why bother opening ice cream makers when you can honour yourself

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you'd have had to internalise certain moralist thoughts, so it's probably for the best

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i passed the karaoke check and it was great and then i youtubed the failed check and had to close it one second after it started

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

TommyGun85 posted:

I'll chime in and say letting her go isnt a failure as a policeman, both in real life or in the context of how the citizen's militia works in this gameworld.

That being said, I did try to arrest Garte for trying to make me pay the hostel bill because gently caress that guy.

garte's alright

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you have to punch cuno to assert dominance

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's a tradition at that point. it's just traditionalism.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Pewdiepie posted:

cliche amnesiac protagonist.

Wafflecopper posted:

There's probably other examples I've forgotten

lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

actually i've internalised a thought that gives me réal each time i post unsuccessfully

im fuckin rich

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that's true of the allcaps, surely, but the descriptive text is all you. otherwise espirit de corps would be equally untouchable

I might be wrong but I feel like it's the magical realism skill - the stuff it tells you isn't real-true, c.f. the square bullets, but it is true-true

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Nosfereefer posted:

But Disco Elysium is good?

yes, disco is blood

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

goon reaction to disco elysium: "hmm maybe being a police officer is very easy"

i initially took that video with the designer where he says "you really need to drum a message into players six or seven times otherwise they'll ignore it" as hyperbole, but, well

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yes well you've kind of got a proven inability to process text, haven't you

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

also the game contains a shitload of text

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

congrats on immersing yourself in the pale, op

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i am a recent amnesiac who has forgotten key concepts about the world. what are "jokes"?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you are now the cum-stained party pants, as a character. your inner voices are the other items of clothing

I still prefer the karaoke success

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Breetai posted:

Playing the game as an ambulatory hollowed-out policeman's uniform is pretty much tone-perfect, mind.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/trCUZ08.mp4

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

INTERNALLY COHERENT!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that was lena, wasn't it? there's screenshots of her in the party

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

uh giving a disadvantaged child a future isn't loving up

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what inner voice makes homer shriek TRAMAPOLINE! TRAMBOPOLINE! and run into a wall?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

popewiles posted:

I think it's fair to say that an assassin firing square bullets doesn't cut corners.

alright, Kim

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

No Mods No Masters posted:

DE is almost perfect, but it achieves perfection by keeping the scope of what it attempts very narrow and controlled

i haven't managed to find a place in disco elysium where i wanted to do something that the game wouldn't let me, but i think this is because the game is so excellent at shaping your expectations and funnelling your desires

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

"roinks, raggy! ri rink rou're rore rof ra 'Riss Raggot' rind rof ruy!"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Rookersh posted:

I'm not sure I can stomach a fascist run.

bit lower down than that op

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

a half-light...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i cannot believe that you have dismayed kim like this