Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Just got this game after only finding out about it a few weeks ago.

Goddamn, I only just left the first building you wake up in, and it's already incredibly entertaining. The writing is like a mix of planescape torment and terry pratchett, at the same time dark and brooding and very humorous. The style is amazing too. I've missed a good classical rpg in this style for years. Great week to be sick at home with a cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I just died reading a postcard lmao

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Dr Snofeld posted:

Spoilers for around day 4 re: finding someone: I need to search for Ruby, I've failed the Shivers test at the old electronics building, and I don't have enough XP to put more points into Shivers. How do I proceed?

I'm stuck here too, I've save-scummed the shivers test and it didn't actually help anything at all. If anybody knows where to go that'd be great.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I still need a hinter about day 4 finding Ruby. I've looked all around the area north of the fishing village but no luck so far.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Basileus777 posted:

Accept the free room.

I did. Found the bullet, but then everyone in the village said she went north, and I can't find her anywhere.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Side note for anybody who is a fan of the manga Hunter X Hunter. The Cryptozoologist Morell is most likely an hommage to Morel, who is a part of the hunter association and involved in finding... rare animals. They even look pretty similar!

Propably the nerdiest thing I ever wrote and might still be a bit far-fetched, but it seems like too big of a coincidence to me.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

How do you get to the isle? I need to reach it for the last sniper position, but cannot for the life of me find a boat or anything usable. Joyce is gone in my game, and all the small boats lying around offer no option to use them

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Synthbuttrange posted:

Did you ask the fisherlady?

Yes, there's no dialogue in that direction at all. Do I need to trigger it somehow?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Synthbuttrange posted:

When you said Joyce is gone, did you mean you already found your suspect and big things happened, or she’s just gone from the north pier? Basically has a big confrontation happened yet? Otherwise its story locked as a really late thing

I figured that out right now I thought you could solve the murder before and change the outcome of the tribunal. In my game angus, glen and that shifty guy died, amongst the strike leader and the weird hat guy..

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Neurosis posted:

The bit about the city being nuked in 22 years is interesting. It's far too much to hope for at this point, and given what a labour of love this game obviously is I don't know if anything could capture the same virtues again, but I'd love a sequel that goes in deep into the weird Dolores Dei stuff [great writing describing her, by the way, she actually sounded scary], the pale, and the coming war between Union-controlled Revachol and the Moralintern. It'd be a very different, wider-scope game, but... I can dream.

Where does it say that first bit? I've done one playthrough and I never saw that.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Can someone direct me towards a method for cheating to get max stats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Disco Elysium - Say one of those fascist or communist things or gently caress off