Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's time for all the sick international + domestic Oscar Hopeful crap to show up in theaters over the next 3 months. Lots of stuff to get excited over maybe. I'm personally looking forward to seeing ad astra (out now!!), the laundromat, bong's latest pull Parasite, and lots more I can't remember at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Joker 70mm print

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I'm very excited to see parasite op, every Bong Joon ho movie is cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jenny Agutter posted:

Joker 70mm print

I will probably actually see Joker. I'm curious

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah I was only half joking, I'm in one of the cities getting a Joker 70mm print early October and I intend to see it

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I saw the joker 70mm print. Next up is monos, which I assume is a festival fave?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Saw Monos, it fuckin rocked tho a little obvious with its influence. Rly disappointed no one told me it was a Mica Levi sountrack, would have seen it sooner. The only photography style I can really compare it to is CANADA productions, its like they got to make a feature length film. Anyway the lighthouse opens tomorrow, gonna see it this weekend sometime

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

The lighthouse was grungy and gross and cool. Not sure I agree it’s the best of the year but certainly a fun watch. Willem Dafoe kills it as usual. Looking forward to parasite but we’re not getting it for another couple weeks fuuu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel the same way about parasite that I felt about Shoplifters, it's a good film emblematic of the filmmakers style but nowhere near their best, and it feels like a movie they gave the Palme d'or to bc they needed to reward the director at some point

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also saw American Dharma which I thought came out like a year and a half ago. it's horrifying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress Netflix for not just giving a normal rear end release to the Irishman, idk if I'll be able to see this drat movie in a theater.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was the major chains refusing to screen it not Netflix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Parasite was, no surprise, really good. Got the bong staples like chaotic ground brawls and plenty of slapstick and kang ho song. Didn’t know where it was going at all, wonderful film watching experience