Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

N. Senada posted:

srsly tho, I know gently caress all about fire safety but I could help make the thing if other people know the right words.

do you want something in color or is B&W better?

Lucky for you, I know about fire safety but not graphic design! Feel free to edit this.

So You Want to Build a Fire and Not Die

1. Keep your area clear.
Take 3 big steps from where you want to build your fire. Imagine a circle around the fire with where you are as the outside. Don't allow anything except the fire inside that circle. If there's trash or debris in that area pick it up. If there's trees grass or bushes, choose a different location.

2. Keep Water Nearby
Fill a bucket with water and keep it nearby in case the fire gets out of control. When you're finished with your fire throw the water on the fire to put it out.

3. Only use wood, plants, or paper for your fire.
Other items such as plastic makes your fire unpredictable and much harder to put out. Trash should be disposed of in trash cans, not thrown into the fire.

4. Snap, Crackle, Pop- Great for Cereal, Bad for fires.
Some wood or plants don't like to burn. If you hear a crackling sound after you put a plant or branch on a fire, that means its what one of those types. Make a note of what kind it was and don't use it again.

5. Pay Attention to the Wind
Embers from fire can travel on the wind and set other things on fire. Keep your tent, your extra firewood and anything flammable you own upwind of the fire and outside the circle. An easy way to tell the direction of the wind is to tie a string to your finger and notice which way the string blows. The opposite direction is the safest place for your tent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Taintrunner posted:

Okay, here's the fixed version. Had to make the text 12pt instead of 14pt, but hopefully that's still legible.

I made a typo in 4. It should be "that means its one of those types." Not "that means its what one of those types." Looks great though.