Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Ah I see it's another all time great qb list featuring a bears qb from prehistory

You mean the guy tied with all time great Jason Garrett?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

I personally am looking forward to the Lions finding a way to colossally gently caress it up by somehow leading until the fourth quarter, and then having a blocked punt returned for the game-winning score

also, all of this happens only because mahomes gets lost on the way to the game, if he actually shows up the lions are for real dead

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

adaz posted:

Consult your physician.

Packers 4.5 point favorites. seems weird but if all the eagles receivers are again out...

Home team typically gets 3 points, so the Packers are considered only 1.5 points stronger than the Eagles.

I'm really excited to see the defense back in the national spotlight only 3 weeks later, I think they'll surprise some people.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The ball literally passed between his hands. I overstated by saying it was a bad play from Owansaur but that ball is intercepted or at a minimum deflected if his hands are a half inch closer together. I just really don't understand why you're stretching on an unimpressive play from Mahomes when as you say there are 400 others out there that are better.

I was just saying your linebacker didn’t make a bad defensive play?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mahomes owns but the ball literally went through Peanut’s hands and I think that counts as a bad play

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I’m gonna keep arguing bc i want to but he leapt as high as he could and the ball still brushed his fingers and never touched his palms, if he had come down with it it would have been a top defensive play across all games on Sunday

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mahomes is fun as poo poo to watch but there's something even more impressive about how effortless it was with Warner and Peyton.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

AndrewP posted:

Mahomes owns but the ball literally went through Peanut’s hands and I think that counts as a bad play

Nah, mahomes threw it hard enough to pass through his hands but not hard enough for his receiver to drop because hes that drat good

FizFashizzle posted:

Mahomes is fun as poo poo to watch but there's something even more impressive about how effortless it was with Warner and Peyton.

The idea of mahomes eventually developing the skills to read defenses like manning is terrifying.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I'm just laughing at Tyrod being on that list.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Watching Mahomes effortlessly side arm a ball 69 yards is arousing to this football fan

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He can 69 his balls wherever he wants to.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
There's 16 QBs picked 2017 and later who have thrown 25+ passes

Unquestioned successes:
Mahomes, Watson, Lamar Jackson
Probably gonna be real good:
Baker
Too early too tell but looks promising!!
Minshew, Jones, Mason Rudolph, Kyler murray

Bad but also just wins games
Mitch, Josh Allen

Sucks
Darnold, beathard, falk, kizer, Rosen, Peterman

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lamar Jackson is still far from an unquestioned success.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Is Lamar really an "unquestioned success"? I mean I'm rooting for him and he's been great this year but he's played like half a season. There's still a nonzero chance the wheels come off.

:removes Kawalimus posting costume:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quick Reads: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2019/week-3-quick-reads

Best QB performance of the week? Matt Ryan, weird.

Also:

quote:

11. Winston was very good in building Tampa Bay's lead and then very bad as it withered away. From the point the Bucs went up 25-10 to when the Giants took the lead, Winston went 8-of-16 for 74 yards with two sacks and an interception. He then hit completions of 20 and 44 yards to set up a potential game-winning field goal, but, you know. Bucs kickers.

12. Rodgers avoided sacks and interceptions, but after a good first quarter he did very little to help Green Bay win. In the last 45 minutes his success rate was just 30%. Only Kyler Murray and Luke Falk were worse among starters this week. In those three quarters, Rodgers went 12-of-20 for 126 yards, which sounds OK, but 73 of those yards came on the only four completions that picked up first downs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lamar also has had a few just huck it deep and hope his wr makes a play type throws.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 24, 2019

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean you pretty much don't know if a QB is going to sustain early success, look at Nick Foles. Dude put together an absurd season in 2013 then quickly disappeared into irrelevance until a miracle superbowl run. Or RG3, RIP.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I've got Lamar in the "Probably Good" category but it's hard to get a solid read when you've played the Dolphins and the Chiefs 2 out of 3 games.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Quick Reads: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2019/week-3-quick-reads

Best QB performance of the week? Matt Ryan, weird.

Also:

Bucs got conservative and Jameis needs to sling it.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Anthony/status/1176240586652676096?s=20

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

SolusLunes posted:

also, all of this happens only because mahomes gets lost on the way to the game, if he actually shows up the lions are for real dead

mahomes hospitalized after ketchup overdose

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Ok fine I'm overrating Lamar Jackson but at least he looks better than the bears rolling out Shaun hill 2.0 every week

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Josh Allen is good bitch

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Lamar also has had a few just huck it deep and hope his wr makes a play type throws.

Mahomes won last season’s game against Baltimore doing this on a late Q4 fourth down. “Lucky” I guess but they also kept the plays alive and gave the WRs a shot to make a play.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1176499149065244673?s=19

My dude

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Baker Mayfield could possib-- *bootlegs off into the distance*

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

That Keenan Allen isnt discussed more as one of the elite WRs is a shame.

Great hands, great route runner, good after the catch, almost back to back 100 reception, 1200 yard seasons. The guy is legit.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Baker is kind of sad to watch. He's so shook by how bad his oline has played he just immediately bails out of the pocket and start running to the right sideline. He's still loving good if he sits in the pocket for all of 2 seconds and throws the drat ball.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

AndrewP posted:

Mahomes won last season’s game against Baltimore doing this on a late Q4 fourth down. “Lucky” I guess but they also kept the plays alive and gave the WRs a shot to make a play.

Mahomes's 4th and 9 was scrambling long enough to find Hill streaking across the middle.

Jackson's lucky was heaving a near-blind desperation toss in the direction of the end zone and his receiver miraculously coming down with the ball.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

N: https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1176498429368950784?s=19

V: :yikes:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Kalli posted:

Baker is kind of sad to watch. He's so shook by how bad his oline has played he just immediately bails out of the pocket and start running to the right sideline. He's still loving good if he sits in the pocket for all of 2 seconds and throws the drat ball.

Brian Schottenheimer of the Seattle Seahawks and the collective coaching team realized that Seattle’s OL is poo poo. Now most of their pass plays get the ball out of Wilson’s hands super quick. Kind of like how the patriots do. As of week 2, Wilson had the fastest average snap-to-throw in the league. I like what I’m seeing, but can Seattle translate that strategy into an 18-1 season?

From TFF, I’m Jizz Denouement, back to you in the Studio.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

There's...quite a bit of difference between Mahomes throw last year and Lamar's throw last game by the eye test.

I mean I love Lamar and want him to tear things up, I just don't think those plays are the same.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Josh Allen is good bitch

I'd feel a lot better about him if he wasn't getting showed up by goddamn Daniel Jones, Kyle Allen, and Gardner Minshew.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I guess I shouldn't complain but I wish the places that upload replays of games would cut out the commercials. Before you say fast forward it, they tend to get stuck buffering in my experience.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sharknado slashfic posted:

the places that upload replays of games

These exist?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I just watch the highlights on NFL.com's YouTube channel.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1176246155908435969

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Maybe it wasn't Dom capers and it was just lovely talent the whole time

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/profV71/status/1176306569669070848?s=19

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Josh Allen is good bitch
This post is cool and good, much like Josh Allen. He still has plenty of room for improvement(would be nice if he didn’t Trubs it up for quarters at a time) but he’s completing 64% of his passes and throwing for 250 a game, which is a loving revelation in terms of Bills quarterbacking.
And Dawson Knox might be an actually good TE! We haven’t had one of those for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

This post is cool and good, much like Josh Allen. He still has plenty of room for improvement(would be nice if he didn’t Trubs it up for quarters at a time) but he’s completing 64% of his passes and throwing for 250 a game, which is a loving revelation in terms of Bills quarterbacking.
And Dawson Knox might be an actually good TE! We haven’t had one of those for decades.

Barnwell wrote about this - they seem to have tweaked the offense around him to good results

quote:

An even 20% of his passes traveled 20 yards or more downfield. To put that in context, no other starting quarterback topped 15% last season, and the only other quarterback over the past decade to top 20% in a season was Tim Tebow

[...]

In 2018, a typical quarterback given Allen's range of throws and receivers would have completed 60.5% of his passes, which ranked 28th out of 30 quarterbacks. Allen then completed 52.8% of his throws, with the resulting difference of 7.7 percentage points ranking as the worst in the league. Allen was given a tough slate of passes and didn't do a good job with them.

Through three weeks, though, Allen's expected completion percentage is 63.1%, suggesting he's been given a much easier range of throws. His actual percentage is 64.1%, which is slightly above that expectation.

That much of a freshman-sophmore jump is exciting and really promising. Of course.. this week he, uh, probably won't look as good but still! Josh Allen! Doing things!