Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

No guys really it was all Sutton's fault, the defense is good now -Every KC fan in existence in August

perhaps you have an alternate theory since they changed the coaches and the players and the system of what might be the problem?

I'm open to it being Reid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Suspect Bucket posted:

Let's have a pallete cleanser of the happiest thing currently in football, Gardener Minshew II.

https://youtu.be/QzrpZMAZJys

2nd best stache? The gently caress is this garbage

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Chiefs coverage and pass defense is hugely improved. There have been one or two blown coverages but most of the long completions allowed this year have been beautiful throws and ridiculous catches with a guy plastered all over the receiver. Very happy with that part of the defense.

It's still early, but the timing on sacks feels like it's improved too. Before we'd get a sack on first or second down and it wouldn't loving matter; against the Lions we had two huge sacks on 3rd down that either took them out of field goal range or turned 3rd and manageable into 4th and good luck.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In case people didn't watch Minshu

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1178776698185076736

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Because teams can just run the ball

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs D is a lot better this year. Run D is terrible but overall they seem like an average unit.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Chargers seriously have two guys named Melvin lol.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

perhaps you have an alternate theory since they changed the coaches and the players and the system of what might be the problem?

I'm open to it being Reid.

My theory is replacing an awful defensive coordinator with another awful defensive coordinator probably will have similar results

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

My theory is replacing an awful defensive coordinator with another awful defensive coordinator probably will have similar results
I suppose, but I remember a few of us being rather pissed that Spagnuolo was the actual hire so I think you might be exaggerating what we thought a little bit.

But the thing is even with how awful he is, yes he's still better than Bob Sutton.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol people defending Burfucit as if he was a rookie who never hurt nobody

Instead people should look at my boy Gardner! COUGS BINCH

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/Jcarmouche_/status/1178711252555763713

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Jags gonna be my backup team when the Bills fall off the rails.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Holy crap that's a highlight reel! I think I watched it 3 times before realizing it looped and every time I was like holy poo poo what an amazing play!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Chichevache posted:

If I'm Bill Belichick I'm getting a bunch of cheap, bad white players and having them lower their heads into actually good defenders on the other team. Sorry Von Miller, Adam Humphries got hurt when he speared you in the face while carrying the ball. Ejected.

I think the problem is they are so bad at football they will fail in that task because good players are that much faster.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chad Forbes is almost always full of poo poo but this would be interesting.

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/1178815846388514816

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Too many quotable lines but the sneaky favorite is the old white guy "them motha fuckers ain't worth a poo poo!"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Chad Forbes is almost always full of poo poo but this would be interesting.

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/1178815846388514816

tepper wanted him out in pittsburgh so....

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
You'll never guess who is tied with Mike Evans for the NFL lead with four 40+ yard receiving plays, mostly because his last 40+ yard catch was in 2015

old rear end man Larry Fitzgerald lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Spoeank posted:

You'll never guess who is tied with Mike Evans for the NFL lead with four 40+ yard receiving plays, mostly because his last 40+ yard catch was in 2015

old rear end man Larry Fitzgerald lol

I would've guessed Chris Godwin. PRINT THE KOOZIES!

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
:golfclap: the Burfict puns.

Anyway as expected he’s going to appeal. I remember thinking it looked fine live at full speed...still flag worthy but the slo mo angle made it look a lot worse. For reference (and other head shots from the week in the thread):

https://twitter.com/jorgy_26/status/1178810289153699842?s=21

a neat cape posted:

No guys really it was all Sutton's fault, the defense is good now -Every KC fan in existence in August
They had the #1 tackling defense in preseason!
(I think someone posted that in the AFCW thread a while back at least)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
If you pick the camera angle that most obscures how he lowered his head deliberately into the guy's face and lunged, yeah it doesn't look like he did that.

He's a huge piece of poo poo and has a history of doing this, gently caress 'im.

Everybody else who did that should be suspended too.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

if burfict played in the 70's the narrative would be about his tough hard hitting and uncompromising style change my mind

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Fat Jesus posted:

if burfict played in the 70's the narrative would be about his tough hard hitting and uncompromising style change my mind

No, you’re right. It was a different era. “Mean” Joe Greene would be getting suspended for the season if he played today.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
The Burfict suspension is obviously because of his history of cheap shotting players. Just because he wasn’t playing for the Raiders while making a name for himself as a headhunter doesn’t mean he gets a fresh start

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Burfict at it again

https://twitter.com/Emergidoc/status/1178781464097374208

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Fat Jesus posted:

This is a pretty stone Cold take and I think everyone in the 70 is would probably be the same way.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

This guy loving owns,

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

thinking about the Olden Days, I read the John Madden raiders used to tape their arms with literal tons of tape to beat opposing players over the skull with and they broke some guys jaw ( a chiefs qb? I forget ) lets compare to gregg williams and his hard uncompromising coaching style if you will

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

I said they'd better at least be slightly better.

And overall they're a little better by scoring D somehow so far, that run D is hilariously awful though.

e:

japtor posted:

They had the #1 tackling defense in preseason!
(I think someone posted that in the AFCW thread a while back at least)

I went looking for this post to tell whoever that was I hated them yesterday after watching Stafford shrugging off 3 or 4 guys on another slow scramble and couldn't find it.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 1, 2019

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Grittybeard posted:

I said they'd better at least be slightly better.

And overall they're a little better by scoring D somehow so far, that run D is hilariously awful though.

in spite of the numbers the chiefs d does look a lot better and I'm hoping they're just still getting it together &etc

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
They literally said it was for repeated violations, not just this one hit. Fines didn’t matter, losing games didn’t matter, literally nothing was going to stop him from doing this poo poo ever. gently caress em. And gently caress you too. Me as well.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

some of these plays are legit ridiculous

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that is the man with the Heart of the Coug

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

friendship ended with ben now mason is best friend

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

japtor posted:

:golfclap: the Burfict puns.

Anyway as expected he’s going to appeal. I remember thinking it looked fine live at full speed...still flag worthy but the slo mo angle made it look a lot worse. For reference (and other head shots from the week in the thread):

https://twitter.com/jorgy_26/status/1178810289153699842?s=21

He’s running and launches himself into a guy who is kneeling on the ground. I don’t know how anyone could think that video exonerates Burfict lol

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Fat Jesus posted:

Yeah, but now we have those dudes who played in the 70s and 80s and they're all kinds of physically and mentally hosed up and we all kind of collectively decided that bullshit isn't worth it - for them or for society.

Also - was football even that big in the 70s in hindsight? Would it be the equivalent of people caring about concussions and violence in roller derby today? poo poo gets big, more people watch, more people watch, the players make more money, the more money the players get the more they assert their rights to bodily autonomy and mental well-being, etc.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

indigi posted:

some of these plays are legit ridiculous

If Manziel had managed to translate his college game that's what it would have looked like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

LabyaMynora posted:

Yeah, but now we have those dudes who played in the 70s and 80s and they're all kinds of physically and mentally hosed up and we all kind of collectively decided that bullshit isn't worth it - for them or for society.

Also - was football even that big in the 70s in hindsight? Would it be the equivalent of people caring about concussions and violence in roller derby today? poo poo gets big, more people watch, more people watch, the players make more money, the more money the players get the more they assert their rights to bodily autonomy and mental well-being, etc.

lol yes football was "even that big" in the 70s. Over 96 million people in the US watched the 1979 super bowl.