Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Allen is operating in a specific system that doesn't depend on him chucking it and in fact often calls on him not to. When the team gets into tougher games he'll probably be leaned on more, but until then, he's been good at doing what he's tasked with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

What are you talking about? Mahomes is a great QB, probably the best in the NFL, but this is a gif of him having all day to throw then only not being intercepted because of a bad defensive play.

I should go back to dog gifs

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kalli posted:

Baker is kind of sad to watch. He's so shook by how bad his oline has played he just immediately bails out of the pocket and start running to the right sideline. He's still loving good if he sits in the pocket for all of 2 seconds and throws the drat ball.

Sad for you infuriating for me. They've gone right back to the garbage playcalling under Hue and Haley. Long developing plays that we don't have the line for. After Hue/Haley were fired Kitchens switches to 2TE and max protect stuff with quick passing and holy poo poo Baker looks great. I really don't get what in the absolute hell is going on.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Sad for you infuriating for me. They've gone right back to the garbage playcalling under Hue and Haley. Long developing plays that we don't have the line for. After Hue/Haley were fired Kitchens switches to 2TE and max protect stuff with quick passing and holy poo poo Baker looks great. I really don't get what in the absolute hell is going on.

Cleveland Browns: Establish the Bomb

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They're trying to use ODB, to the detriment of the offense's strengths.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Long developing plays with a lovely offensive line my god is that mike martz's music???

What's weird(er) is the Browns have the personal for a decent short game too. ODB is solid anywhere on the field - just give the guy space somewhere. Chubb is a good RB like they don't need ~~bombs~~ to win

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lmaoooooo

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1176545146017648641?s=20

kill me

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eagles are going to be 1-3 and will end the season 10-6.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Josh Allen was truly horrible at the beginning of last season and (through three games against lovely defenses) now looks like at least a top 25–30 QB.

If if if IF he can stop playing like a moron, he might be a franchise guy.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Bills look like a legitimately good team, worthy of their 3-0 start

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Every team either beats teams that suck or they beat teams that beat teams that suck

Everyone sucks except Cincinnati Bengals

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

The best part is, if you had to name those five teams without seeing the list almost everyone would nail all of them (unlike their kickers)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fsif posted:

now looks like at least a top 25–30 QB.

Whoa pump the brakes there, homer!!

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The Bills look like a legitimately good team, worthy of their 3-0 start
It's not going to happen, but on the off chance the patriots have an off day and the bills win I expect there will be a lot of collective poo poo getting lost.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

fsif posted:

Josh Allen was truly horrible at the beginning of last season and (through three games against lovely defenses) now looks like at least a top 25–30 QB.

He's solidly middle tier right now I think with how they are using him and how he's running the ball. Like in the long term that running stuff wont' work out but for now..

It's weird to me that the class of 2018 (Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson) might've only had one bust. Pretty good considering at the time I think most people would've thought 1-2 of those guys might be any good.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Robbie Gould I missss yoouuuu....

Piniero may be legit though, we'll see. He played hurt yesterday, so I'm not holding that against him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

They're trying to use ODB, to the detriment of the offense's strengths.

I mean OBJs biggest catch this season and in his career was a quick slant against the jets. All the more baffling to keep running verts

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

adaz posted:

What's weird(er) is the Browns have the personal for a decent short game too. ODB is solid anywhere on the field - just give the guy space somewhere. Chubb is a good RB like they don't need ~~bombs~~ to win

I mean the only reason Jarvis Landry is at least semi-famous is because of his work in the short game. I don't think he's limited to that but that's how he made his bones.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Gonna be wild if the Bills beat the Pats & somehow hold on to the AFC East lead until the end, forcing the Pats to play a Wild Card game.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

adaz posted:

It's weird to me that the class of 2018 (Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson) might've only had one bust. Pretty good considering at the time I think most people would've thought 1-2 of those guys might be any good.

Kyle Allen is in this group now I guess.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fiz have you been contemplating just rolling with Kyle Allen?

Dealing with Cam has to be getting old

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Nodoze posted:

The best part is, if you had to name those five teams without seeing the list almost everyone would nail all of them (unlike their kickers)

I honestly would not of guessed the Rams.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

Gonna be wild if the Bills beat the Pats & somehow hold on to the AFC East lead until the end, forcing the Pats to play a Wild Card game.

It would be but yeah, this is a mediocre team that just looks good in comparison to some lousy teams. It's a great—but not elite—defense with a bottom-third—but competent!—offense. It's the sort of team that could sneak into a wild card spot in the AFC this year, though.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Grittybeard posted:

I mean the only reason Jarvis Landry is at least semi-famous is because of his work in the short game. I don't think he's limited to that but that's how he made his bones.

The Browns are built for quick slants and runs up the middle. All the slow developing deep routes are confusing as hell.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Cool

https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/1176539913556115457?s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/BenStandig/status/1176257603657175043

:unsmith:

Although I'm not sure he's moving all that confidently and I sincerely hope he just strings Snyder along until he gets all the money out of him that he can.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

Fiz have you been contemplating just rolling with Kyle Allen?

Dealing with Cam has to be getting old

I've accepted it. Cam is done :smith:

He's looked great in his only two starts. Time to see what they have in Kyle Allen.

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/BenStandig/status/1176257603657175043

:unsmith:

Although I'm not sure he's moving all that confidently and I sincerely hope he just strings Snyder along until he gets all the money out of him that he can.

His wife my god.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 24, 2019

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

OxySnake posted:

same

Zuerlien is pretty good, last time I checked

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

OxySnake posted:

Wasn't there a stretch where Zeurlien was hurt?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

Whoa, I was told by my AFCE sources that it was literally impossible for Josh Allen to raise his completion percentage. Now I don't know what to believe!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

a neat cape posted:

Wasn't there a stretch where Zeurlien was hurt?

Its possible, I dont follow the Rams closely enough to know.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Whoa, I was told by my AFCE sources that it was literally impossible for Josh Allen to raise his completion percentage. Now I don't know what to believe!

Allen looks legitimately improved. I think Daniel Jeremiah put it best: you can’t rely on Allen to carry the Bills to victory by himself yet, but you can rely on him for 3-4 big plays in a game. If he can do that and they can run the ball effectively, they’re going to be a tough team to beat.

Given where Allen was last year, that’s definitely a great outcome for the Bills (if it continues).

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Zuerlein missed 10 kicks in 2015 and 11 in the four seasons since then. He's also missed 7 games in the last 2 years which resulted in an additional 4 missed FGs.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

Zuerlein missed 10 kicks in 2015 and 11 in the four seasons since then. He's also missed 7 games in the last 2 years which resulted in an additional 4 missed FGs.

I wonder how much of that is skewed by them relying on his leg to make 55+ yard kicks

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

I wonder how much of that is skewed by them relying on his leg to make 55+ yard kicks

In the last 4 years he was 14/19 on 50+ yarders... 3 of 9 in 2015

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i'm going to get all of you guys one of these because I think you'll get a lot of use of them every time you discuss a QB

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

i'm going to get all of you guys one of these because I think you'll get a lot of use of them every time you discuss a QB

It's sad that the Hennewagon went off the tracks :(

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ehud posted:

Give me a rebuild again square and I'll buy it

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Ehud posted:

I say "Trubisky is bad" then calmly jump on the "accept it" square

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

lmaooooo redskins

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1176313820458995713?s=20