Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Baker Mayfield could possib-- *bootlegs off into the distance*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Every team either beats teams that suck or they beat teams that beat teams that suck

Everyone sucks except Cincinnati Bengals

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

Zuerlein missed 10 kicks in 2015 and 11 in the four seasons since then. He's also missed 7 games in the last 2 years which resulted in an additional 4 missed FGs.

I wonder how much of that is skewed by them relying on his leg to make 55+ yard kicks

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The Football Funhouse: There's a spectrum

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Never thought I'd live to see the day of people singing the glories of one Alex Smith

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Let's get back to some worthwhile discussion. Where does Alex Smith rank in the top 10 all time quarterbacks ?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Alex Smith is #1 for not retiring and getting paid tens of millions of Dan Snyder's dollars to rehab

drat, true

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Why Browns great til they gotta be great

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

And Florida won't release the tapes

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Dont make me dig up your post history for those few months in the 70s when you were inexplicably a dolphins fan and stopped eating chili

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Are you basing this on anything?

Aaron being a lil whiney babyman

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Every good take/joke I see born out of our GDTs in spur of the moment flashes of brilliance always end up metastasizing to some shittier version of it on espn/twitter/wherever

What I'm saying is We need to make a company. Sometime. When I'm not tired.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Play posted:

for sale: hot takes and dick jokes

I will give u 5 golden manbabies for such delightful caprice goonsir

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

You can't argue with results

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Kalli posted:

it's funny, because they have a significant analytics group that they don't call it that.

Ernie Adams has a handful of guys working with him now that are all math weirdos.

I think he just doesnt do things like "% chance of getting a 1st down in these 4th down situations" because those outside analytics include teams that aren't the Patriots aka haven't won 6 Super Bowls

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Troy Aikman is infinity better than Dan Marino

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

8-7 in the next 15 for Aikman I guess.

So if we count Mahomes as 0-15 to start he'd be 12-18 through 30 compared to Aikman's 9-21. If it's double losing to sit Mahomes was 12-33 to start his career, hard to come back from that.

This is how Belichick views analytics

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chichevache posted:

It's kind of mindblowing to think that Matt Ryan will never win a Super Bowl. Hes no Dan Marino, but hes put up some great seasons over the years for a really long time. Almost like Peyton Manning up until 2006.

28-3 is mindblowing
He had his chance:colbert:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Hey man nobody's burfict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

So maybe it was him