Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

adaz posted:

Consult your physician.

Packers 4.5 point favorites. seems weird but if all the eagles receivers are again out...

Home team typically gets 3 points, so the Packers are considered only 1.5 points stronger than the Eagles.

I'm really excited to see the defense back in the national spotlight only 3 weeks later, I think they'll surprise some people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1176246155908435969

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Sad for you infuriating for me. They've gone right back to the garbage playcalling under Hue and Haley. Long developing plays that we don't have the line for. After Hue/Haley were fired Kitchens switches to 2TE and max protect stuff with quick passing and holy poo poo Baker looks great. I really don't get what in the absolute hell is going on.

They're trying to use ODB, to the detriment of the offense's strengths.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The NFCN thread is really thin skinned about making establishing the run jokes.

NFC North has been joking about establishing the run as far back as 2013, 2014? What are you on.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The rest of it looks great. The shoulder things? Not so much

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1176837401748090883?s=09

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Android Apocalypse posted:

If Rodgers has another subpar (to him) game & they lose things may get spicy in Green Bay.

Are you basing this on anything?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
As someone who actually watches the games instead of hearing about them thirdhand through fantasy reports and stat sheets, Rodgers is super happy with the Packers defense and has looked way more upbeat this year than the past several seasons combined. If there were any discontent it would have cropped up long before now.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

sharknado slashfic posted:

Please don't summon the packers fans to incessantly make sarcastic posts about how rodgers and lafluer hate each other because someone tweeted that they said hello to each other at practice or some poo poo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Play posted:

e: also, I do not think the Dolphins are going to go 0-16. They're gonna win one sooner or later

Dolphins and Skins play week after next

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

The Dave posted:

Peak Meriweather is taking out himself and his teammate in practice for the Skins.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

nah posted:

Those Rosen throws are nice, but man look at his career stats so far. Through 17 games

53.6% completion
5.7 YPA
151.8 yards per game
11 TD/16 INT
63.9 passer rating

Has any other QB had an equally grim first season worth of games and wound up being great?

Only one I can think of that comes close is Peyton Manning:

56.7% completion, 6.3 YPA, 233.7 Y/game, 26 TDs 28 INTs, 71.2 passer rating

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Flikken posted:

What's the best case scenario for him 3 teams in 3 years?

Best case for Rosen would be going to a team like Green Bay or New England and sitting on the bench for a season or two. The ol' Bridgewater maneuver.

Of course, everyone else would hate this :v:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
A Raider headshots a white player in a relatively-less-watched afternoon game and is immediately suspended for the season.

An Two Eagles headshot a black player on national television and the NFL shrugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Kalli posted:

The real shitheads on the field seemed to be reasonably normal dudes off of it, so I presume they just go into the game psyching themselves up like it's the purge.