Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

The Puppy Bowl posted:

What are you talking about? Mahomes is a great QB, probably the best in the NFL, but this is a gif of him having all day to throw then only not being intercepted because of a bad defensive play.

That play is like #475 on the list of cool Mahomes throws but it wasn’t a bad defensive play by your linebacker, he just doesn’t have a 50 inch vertical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The ball literally passed between his hands. I overstated by saying it was a bad play from Owansaur but that ball is intercepted or at a minimum deflected if his hands are a half inch closer together. I just really don't understand why you're stretching on an unimpressive play from Mahomes when as you say there are 400 others out there that are better.

I was just saying your linebacker didn’t make a bad defensive play?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I’m gonna keep arguing bc i want to but he leapt as high as he could and the ball still brushed his fingers and never touched his palms, if he had come down with it it would have been a top defensive play across all games on Sunday

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The Bills look like a legitimately good team, worthy of their 3-0 start

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I think Mahomes would have busted on the vast majority of teams

:lol: Nah, not at all. His numbers would be down for sure.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Lol ok let's rewrite history then. Everybody totes knew he was an instant stud which is why he sat for a year and was drafted at 10.

I wouldn't use his draft position to claim he was raw, that is a pretty stupid bit of evidence, right? He sat because KC already had a good QB. He fell because of skepticism about Air Raid quarterbacks, and unusual mechanics like his footwork. While yeah he has improved on his drop steps and taking snaps under center (you can teach this to most QBs, it doesn't require Andy Reid), he still has his unusual footwork and style of play that was seen at TT, except now everyone has realized he can pull it off, the same way Steph Curry can pull off half court 3s even though chucking them up in college is a sign of being raw or whatever.

Yeah his numbers would be down if he was in, say, Buffalo. Of course.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
It's amazing to me that pre-draft opinions of a player are considered sacred and infallible in Mahomes' case. I think draft evaluators just missed, except for the small handful that were saying this is the QB1 in the draft.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Lol ok let's rewrite history then. Everybody totes knew he was an instant stud which is why he sat for a year and was drafted at 10.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ok ok we'll pretend everyone totally knew Mahomes was going to be a stud coming out then. Loving all this hindsight

it seems you don't have a point at all and just want to use sarcasm to deflect, sad!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
very amazed and amused at this poster using pre-draft opinions (which are never wrong) to determine whether the current NFL MVP would have been a bust

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The goalposts are now moved from “he would have busted on most teams” to “could he be MVP in 2017 Cleveland” I see

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I’m not arguing that! I even said his numbers would be worse on other teams like buffalo. There’s a spectrum between MVP and draft bust and he would be on the above average end of that spectrum no matter what team except for maybe a few disaster spots like Washington or 2017 Cleveland. The original statement I disagreed with was if he would have been a bust on most other teams.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Dude he would've. If he were a plug and play starter he was clearly better than noted game manager extraordinaire and original Capt. Checkdown Alex Smith. We're calling the Pre Andy Dalton of average QB's good now to justify sitting Patrick Mahomes. A guy that was totally good no matter where he went.

Alex Smith was good in Kansas City. Especially his last year but all years there he was above average. He was good his last few years in SF too. Hell even the Redskins were 6-1 until he shattered every bone in his leg.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Okay dude, you haven’t presented any good arguments and are coming off like a bit of a pedantic bitch so I will say good day and save my posts for a more interesting discussion

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
That sounds about right

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Let it go dude Christ, fine, Mahomes would have busted in the imaginary scenarios you have concocted

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Amy Pole Her posted:

Che gonna come back EXTRA sarcastic

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Mahomes was raw coming out and I'd love someone with archives to look at that draft thread. He wasn't a plug and play stud like yall are really working to make him out to have been

I know I said I’d let it go but I’m too petty not to take a victory lap on this guy

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Is Calais Campbell ever gonna slow down

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/1176828749351968775?s=21

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Those comments....Baker doesn’t seem to be a man of the people anymore

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Is this the first year since the Young/Aikman days that both the Cowboys and 49ers are good? That was a cool little NFC rivalry in my childhood

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/deryck_g1/status/1177063402264383488?s=21

Interesting seeing 2 of the brighter offensive guys Reid and Shanahan on opposite ends of this chart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Chiefs D is a lot better this year. Run D is terrible but overall they seem like an average unit.