Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

:laffo: I hope to Allah this is true

I hope she has audio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I sometimes like to imagine what would have happened if Obama had done the things Trump did.

I mean besides the nationwide riots.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ham posted:

Not to say this was Pelosi's masterplan, but I would give her credit for holding off until she had a solid case. An impeachment inquiry coming after the Mueller report and the stonewalling by the White House would come off as a lot more spurious compared to this thing, where you can point to all the facts and stare in disbelief.

I mean I don't think anyone genuinely expected Trump to go "FYI I did the crimes!!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

cr0y posted:

Remember when trump took a sharpie to that weather map?

Good times

That was like two years ago

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

nobody is disputing this. but there is no way sleepy joe's drug addled failson came by some random high paying job in ukraine honestly. i think pelosi is smart to call for a narrow inquiry, no telling what the fallout would be if they widened the scope. lots of democrat donors had their hands in the ukrainian pork barrel at that time.

Thank you for you thoughts, insanely obvious talking point bot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

It is the profile of the rear end of a pig, and a large poop is resting atop said pig's enormous testicles

Huh? I thought it was a picture of Trump and Rudy

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really genuinely like the idea that we're supposed to worry about Joe Biden dirt and not be like "Yes please, get him out of the race, that'd be awesome."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Lol at this probe.

It's true. Nobody really gave a poo poo about Russia because foreign governments have been interfering in our elections for centuries. The people most worried about it were the ones that wanted it to be bad for Donald Trump.

Nobody really gives a poo poo about our NATIONAL SECURITY and it's integrity when we deny aid money to the Ukraine. If they did the people trying to talk about Joe Biden doing the exact same thing even closer to the Crimea conflict wouldn't be ran out of this thread or also probated.

It's okay to be hypocrites that just want something to be bad for Donald Trump but at least be honest about it. It's extremely weird for a leftist forum to now pretend to care about national security harder than the warhawkinist conservatives because Donald Trump threatened it.

I don't think it will matter to the 30 people this offends or the mod that probates me but I extremely agree with all of you that we should investigate every molecule of this situation. Subpoena everything and drag everyone in front of the House. Approve impeachment in the house and let the senate shoot itself in the foot. The problem comes when I want all the criminal actions addressed because you guys can't handle attention being taken away from Trump because you hate him the most and don't actually care about the law or fixing these problems, just hurting him personally.

So what about the part where it has already been literally discredited?

The reason people are not demanding the 'same attention' is because one person literally sent out their actual crimes to every single person in the country and the other has, again, literally had the people involved come out to say it's a nothingburger.

Also one is the President of the United States currently and the other is a former Vice President doing shittier every day at the polls and who is probably going to descend into irrelevance. If he becomes nominee then sure, that'll be something worth bringing up. It just also, y'know, will be dealing with the fact it has already been discredited.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 27, 2019

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

pkay posted:

Exactly and folks going "HEY GO AHEAD AND BRING UP BIDEN, gently caress HIM TOO" is stupid.

Why?

Biden isn't the nominee.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

pkay posted:

Because you are willingly allowing them to distract the electorate. Keeping the focus on their very real and serious crimes should be of the upmost importance. Like the poo poo they are doing is 'muddying the water' 101. Stop letting them do that.

No it isn't.

They are going to bring up Biden no matter what. Why is saying "Fine, whatever" meaningful?

They were bringing up loving Hillary Clinton's emails.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

pkay posted:

If every time they bring up Ukraine and Trump's crimes, you allow them to pivot to Biden and let the discussion devolved into "Is what Joe Biden did a crime?" you are allowing them to do exactly what they want to do.

So what exactly is your strategy?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So is their genuine loving attempt at spin being "IT'S ALL MADE UP" for something they released themselves?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh. They are trying to either force the Whistleblower-s name out or muddy the waters as to how trustworthy they are. That-s depressingly gross.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I'm having a real hard time imagining what that coordinated defense will be--we already saw their talking points.

Remember that it doesn't have to make sense.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

"Corruption is OK if you need the votes." - President Donald J. Trump.

Biden's thing is a literal nothingburger. It is crappy in the way almost all politicians are crappy but that is all. I am 150% fine if Biden loses the nomination but the constant "what about Bidanism" feels more like trying to deflect.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

:chef kissing fingers:

Hmm yes, why was Hunter Biden hired on to the board of directors for a forign oil company when his father was VP, and only left the board when his father started running for president.

:thunk:

People have this idea that corruption is when someone hands over a big bag of money with $$$ printed on the side and a to-do list off crimes, and anything short of that is totally legit business.

I have the odd suspicion that this isn't about corruption to you at all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Same to you my friend.

Por Que no los dos.

LOL if you think the ukrainian oil company was the only business trying to gain influence to the VP through his sons. If there's one there others.

I am in awe of all the people that are just fine with this kind of thing.

You are repeating debunked Republican talking points in an effort to try to make this About Biden. Nobody is actually fooled.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Sure, but some people think its bad when rich people abuse their power to enrich themselves even when the person isn't Trump.

"Trump committing crimes" isn't the only loving problem with this country right now. Hell, it isn't even the biggest problem.

It is fine to think it sucks. Focusing on it while Trump is commiting For Real Crimes doesn't make sense. Hoping other Democrats will repeat Republican talking points as if any of them didn't benefit from nepotism is staggering ignorant.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

The willingness to ignore when "our side" does bad things just because the other side is worse is a mistake.

That is fine. Why focus on a debunked Republican talking point about Joe Biden in particular? There are no shortage of things.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Trump has been committing real crimes since 2016, we have to be able to focus on things other than Trump and his crimes if we're going to be able to focus on anything other than him. And he's not the real problem and never has been.

Cool. So why is it important to focus on Joe Biden right now?

What about Joe Biden demands everything be dropped and Trump's deflection talking point be treated like anything but that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Really? You can't think of any reasons why people right now might want to warn voters about the risks of Joe Biden's particular circle of corruption?

Not any more than any of the other candidates, no. If anything if that was what you were worried about then Warren is who you should be looking at very closely since things seem to be favoring her.

Joe Biden is a massively lovely candidate for dozens of reasons. Why is Trump's debunked talking point anywhere near the top?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aspergeoisie posted:

Trump was exonerated by Mueller. Read the report.

Can you please quote the part of Muellers report where he exonerated Trump? I can't seem to findit

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dammerung posted:

That Joe Biden is an imperfect politician and person? Agreeing with the basic concept doesn't necessarily lead to supporting the GOP's only defense to the whistleblower's report. I am sure that we can discuss multiple things at the same time without weakening our position!

Discussing this specific thing at this specific time when it isn't even in the top 5 serious issues with Joe Biden *this month* makes it feel more like supporting the GOPs talking point, not worrying about Biden's corruption.

I said yesterday it would own if this torpedoed Biden's campaign but I'm not going to pretend Republican talking points are valid when I can point to Literally Everything Else.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nm

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Super-Id posted:

Is soliciting a bribe from the NRA as big a deal as it seems? Or is it too typical for behavior we expect from politicians to matter relative to everything else?

It matters a lot more today than it did last week.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Considering she was a white police officer she is basically saying "I wish he had gotten a swift unjust trial and been executed."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mutata posted:

If GOP folks finally turn on Trump I'm gonna assume that it'll suddenly go QUICK as they'll want to flush the toilet and get a guy into the 2020 campaign asap.

I'm almost more nervous for whoever the GOP fields in a post-Trump America...

It'd be someone disposable because I'm pretty sure they know if they impeach Trump they're not winning 2020.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think it's more likely Barr is just being super loving quiet until they have some sort of gameplan.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i think at best he has a decade left in him.

I mean he's 73 years old. Living to 83 is pretty drat good even for a rich white dude.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zophar posted:

Every single independent maybe voted for a Democrat or two in their 20s, but then hauled their rear end to gently caress-you-got-mine town and have been straight R ever since -- just ashamed to admit it.

Nah, there are independents who are like "Jill Stein is #1" types too. Most of the 'undecided' independents though are straight R.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean it makes some sense in that Hillary Clinton is apparently supermegahitlermark2 to a portion of Trump's base and attacking her is the best way to energize them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zotix posted:

If Hillary loving jumps in, I'm done with the Democratic party(this doesn't mean I'm running to the Republicans either). There seems to be a growing commotion that she's gearing up.

Yes, I am sure Hillary Clinton is going to jump into the race... several debates in?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Despite what the Republicans say Hillary Clinton is not actually an omnipotent boogyman who lives in your closet.

That's Bill.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bobjr posted:

I wonder how Ted Cruz's wife feels whenever he steps up to bat for Trump more than the average GOP ghoul. Even if she has just as bad views as him, he insulted her on national television and her husband did nothing to support her.

She married Ted Cruz.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

...She's being sarcastic right? --No? Well then.

She is saying she's heartbroken for the country, not Trump.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nobody should be happy about what is happening. It is loving insane and awful and the country is unlikely to recover from it in our lifetimes. It has to be done and I am glad it is being done but don't treat it like your team winning in a ball game.

This is likely to be a huge shitshow and the odds of violence again innocent people as a side effect is pretty drat high. Even if you distrust every word out of Pelosi's mouth (which is entirely justified) don't start pretending like even a competent political should be happy about widespread corruption and a long, protracted, and taxing battle where a not unlikely outcome is an angry, senile and terrible man will escape punishment and turn around to attack the people who threatened him.

We all laugh at Trump because we need some form of defense against the sheer loving insanity of the current situation but let's not pretend Trump getting dunked on changes the fact he is a serious threat to a lot of people until he (and ideally most of the Republican party) are out of office. And even then you are depending on the Democrats not to poo poo all over themselves.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bobjr posted:

I'm actually kind of surprised as little has come out about the whistlebower so far, either due to the one person willing to fall on their sword for Trump or just bad record keeping or something.

I don't think anyone who isn't a loving crazy person (RUDY) is willing to fall on the sword right now considering the way things are going.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"The Democrats are going to cause a civil war. Also the Democrats are evil liars who are framing me and should be arrested and locked up!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The day Hillary Clinton passes on is the day Fox News suddenly realizes they have nothing to report on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rent-A-Cop posted:

At some point Trump has definitely accidentally called Joe Biden and asked him for help framing Joe Biden.

The twist is that Joe Biden agreed because he figured revealing Joe Biden helped Trump would help him