Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Logan 5 posted:

pages back now but-

also just learned that Trump once had a hissy fit and called for a boycott of Glenfiddich cause they gave an award to a farmer who refused to sell for Trump's Scottish golf course

Lol if he ends up tariffing his own whiskey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ither posted:

A crime getting a certain amount of years has never made sense to me.

If someone gets sent to jail, they should stay there until it can be determined that they won't reoffend.

Of course this works best in a justice system that focuses on protection/rehabilitation rather that punishment.

(One of) the reasons for the X amount of years is to prevent escalation. If you get the same vague sentence for theft, rape and murder regardless of count, then there is no reason for criminals not to murder any and all witnesses GTA style since it will give the exact same result.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Stickman posted:

According to this Medium article, Trump's centaur posture isn't just because he's obese and never learned proper posture, it's because he's so sensitive about his height that he wears lift heels. Apparently two inches is more important than not killing your back while looking like a weirdo.

E: Basically it's his hair, but his feet.

And he does it despite being around 180cm? As a 168 cm tall male, gently caress you Donny.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

canepazzo posted:

Welcome to #theresistance, Nickelback!

Hahahahah Trump got owned by Nickelback hahahahahahaha.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

saintonan posted:

Is Jacob Wohl really his name, or is that made up? A shithead like him with the name jawohl seems far too on the nose.

For more I formation please contact ja.wohl1488@gab.com

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

I genuinely don't believe America can last as a thing, I think we're literally too big and the oppression of capitalism has done so much damage that some form of balkanization is inevitable, both sides seem to agree too considering how they talk about each other, it's really only a matter of 'when' the violent fascists we've been emboldening decide to call the technocratic class' bluff and realize they could clean up as some kind of feudal lord.

Have you listened to the It Can Happen Here podcast? It outlines a very plausible prediction of this exact scenario.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Koalas March posted:

I'm finally catching up after a lot of personal poo poo including death of a loved one, so bear with me y'all

That sucks. :( Hope everything is going well.

Also, LOVE the new av.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Also featured in this clip, how Turks and Kurds are already mortal enemies with a side of 'b.b.b.bbbut Obama!'

Trump: "Turks and Kurds are mortal enemies! Like the Democrats and Trump! And CNN and Trump! And Republicans and Trump! And Trump and Donald Trump! drat Trump! He ruined the Trump Administration!"

Sorry, I HAD to get that out of my system.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

luxury handset posted:

richard stallman's okcupid profile used to start with "I am an Atheist and a Libertarian." which is sort of like starting all potential romantic relationships with a power thermonuclear blast

Given recent events, one wonders if that was deliberate.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if he believes Napoleon is still alive.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

A lot of evidence has come out about that fraud case being a crock of poo poo, and that they genuinely thought their kid was in a balloon. The police took advantage of a japanese american mother who could barely speak english and without a translator, to get a false confession.

All because the sheriff was facing corruption charges and needed to look good for re-election :smith:

I know you are just referencing it, but that case is a whole lot more hosed up than people know

That whole family has jumped on the Trump train. They don't deserve your pity.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

So Trump is Jerry Springer now?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

"Me!"

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 1, 2019

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

You know I've been saying for the longest time that if we survive this administration, John Goodman should play Steve Bannon in a film/series but now Barr is looking more like the more appropriate role. Maybe he can play both.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

SHARIA LAW SCHOOL posted:

Can John Goodman play Barr, Bannon, Huckabee-Sanders, Trump, Nadler, and Tillerson in a one-man production?

:emptyquote:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Slowpoke! posted:

Daniel Craig is in that movie and he plays James Bond and the trailer refers to him as 007. The black woman is another 00 agent (she might be the new 007; I don’t think it was clear). We are basically getting Old Man Bond.

Gorka dumb racist

Lashana Lynch is supposed to be the new 007. It was stated as such once she was cast. They don't mention it in the trailer though (Bond just goes "You're a 00?") Which makes me wonder if it was a half measure to avoid angering the chuds further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/knight69420/status/1202958378332499969
speaking of dumb decisions. here is a possibly dubious thing that i hope happens.

I loving wish.