Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I suddenly got the feeling that switching off at the utter clusterfuck of politics for a few months means I've missed a few things that actually matter...?
Nope.

The country is still run by morally bankrupt fuckwits and nobody is going to do anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Strange Poon posted:

If we're lucky.
If we're lucky Schumer will be in there with him.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

To be fair her kids are gonna inherit a shitload of money so the world doesn't matter.

In 2019 the best thing you can do for your kids is grift them rich. The second best thing is probably drowning them in a sack.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

It's like the timeline is starting to revert to the proper one finally
A finger on the monkey's paw curls. Hillary Clinton rises laughing from her grave. In one hand a reset button, in the other a pardon for Jeffrey Epstein.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Aramis posted:

I am understanding correctly that the PRA does not cover phone conversations with foreign leaders/officials? Why would the law have such a glaring blind spot? That's got to be by design, but I can't see why though.
It's so they can do crimes.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I had jury duty today and I've been drinking since noon. This thread is fuckin amazing and I'm loving it.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Edmund Lava posted:

What the gently caress can she possibly have to contribute here?
:ducksiren: She runnin'! :frogsiren:

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

seriously it's so weird. He must have known he said some insane poo poo, not even 'bad' like his Ukraine shakedown but just bonkers nonsense he read on 8chan or something
Like half the poo poo that's classified in America is classified because it's embarrassing or criminal rather than actually a threat to national security.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s worked for him so far in his life, so I can’t really blame him
Maybe Trump has discovered the limit for dumb rich White dudes failing upwards.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Telsa Cola posted:

I don't really see a way for the supreme court to deny releasing the records without getting majorly hosed by the currently energized democracts
There is always the possibility that the Dems will gently caress up because they are idiot cowards.

Chuck might bump his head and get a message from the Baileys.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

The evolution of this week has been great.

*The President; reeking of poo poo*

House Dems: Some people are saying the President pooped his pants, but we don't think that kind of talk is appropriate at this time.

Trump: I pooped my pants!

Rudy: He pooped 'em! I helped!

Whitehouse: Here are the lovely drawers.

House Dems: We are forming a committee to look into the idea that the President might have pooped his pants.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Decrepus posted:

Congressmen: I have not smelled it yet

Republicans: I have not smelled the President. I do not know what poop smells like. I have never pooped.

The NRA: Vladimir Putin pooped our pants.

FOX: Waffles??

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

mcmagic posted:

She's completely bungling the political strategy as usual. Instead of hearings and new dirt on Trump dominating the news for the next year she wants to get it over quickly.... For what? To pass more bills Mitch McConnell will shred? Trump should be taking a beating like he is this week for the next year and she doesn't seem to want that.
She is afraid that the Republicans will do it to her because she's crooked as poo poo.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

mcmagic posted:

She's only crooked as in typical Washington crooked.
Which is still illegal, and she doesn't have enough friends left to win that argument if she ends up in the wrong side of a bunch of disgruntled CHUD congressmen. Half of her own caucus loving hates her, and the other half would gladly slide the knife in for a chance at her job.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

twice burned ice posted:

Pelosi is beyond useless, but what exactly has she done that's illegal? Any specific allegations?
A bunch of shady self-dealing in CA, and IIRC was probably involved in covering up environmental reports on the old Navy Yard site.

Also probably at least tangentially involved with the whole Leland Yee/Shrimp Boy thing.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

whoa hey buddy how dare you attack Kushner for his success, jealous much?
Nepotism is actually very good and if you say otherwise you are a racist spy and also a bot.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

all lives do in fact matter
They don't and I have the actuarial tables to prove it.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Just let Trump and Joe! fight it out in a cage, and then we'll impeach the winner.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

Why are you deeply concerned, right now, about a single case of unregistered lobbying from 2016.
Just posting "lol drumpf bad" for a thousand pages is boring

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Prester Jane posted:

I've definitely noticed that the obvious disinfo agents (and that's what Aspergeosie here is) that wander into this conversation typically have the following profile: <1000 posts and either a very recent regdate or an inactive account from 2009.

IIRC wasn't there some sort of event back in 2009 that caused the forums to adopt the current insane requirements for default passwords? I'm asking because it really looks like there is a pack or two of 2009 era accounts floating around somewhere on the Darknet.
This is some straight up tinfoil hat poo poo.

The KGB is not on Something Awful.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

Well of course not, the KGB hasn't existed since 1991 :v:

I'm just ribbing, I know what you meant.
simpsons_ussr_button.gif

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Prester Jane posted:

Good thing I never said it was the KGB then. I have no idea whose funding such things, because at this point basically every state and corporate actor has some sort of apparatus setup to drive disinfo campaigns on the internet. The vast majority of its done through bots on social media, but that's hardly where it all ends.
It's entirely possible, and even likely, that many posters ITT are idiot contrarians rather than deep cover agents who spent a decade infiltrating the USPOL thread.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Edit: I don't wanna ride the flume.

Someone spot me a nepotism dog.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Taerkar posted:

There's going to be an ouroboros of Trump officials trying to throw each other under the bus first.
It's the bus that never ends.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Herstory Begins Now posted:

да правда брат
После нас - тишина.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Let's debate the definition of nephrology instead.

I get to be House and the rest of you are the hunky Australian dude.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I'm not owned!

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

No Safe Word posted:

this guy....

also speaking of the Conways, I keep seeing George post poo poo like this on twitter and I just don't get how they have a functioning marriage without one or both of them being some weird performance artist and/or shill

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1177549657100181506

It's absolutely a weird sex thing

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

bobjr posted:

Trump in a coma would get a few serious “This is the most presidential Trumphas ever been” articles.
*Trump strokes out on the toilet*
WaPo: Very presidential!

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

evilweasel posted:

my guess is they don't care because they're putting trump in a bad spot either way: he lights himself on fire again releasing incriminating transcripts, or he looks weak taking orders from russia. either one works for putin.
All politics is local politics. It's just more manufactured nonsense for the "poor persecuted Russia" storyline that keeps UR in power.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

The Super-Id posted:

But I don’t understand. How could he have been committing crimes when Biden was using up all the crime juice committing crimes in Ukraine?
Crime juice is a renewable resource.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Slowpoke! posted:

I worry about some of the things we have heard about regarding secret Facebook groups full of active and former Border Patrol, or other positions of power like police, ICE, etc.
Those are just the new PoliceOne forums since having an account on PoliceOne is disqualifying for basically any LEO position above dog catcher now.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

It would be right and proper to execute all Presidents upon the completion of their term.

Maybe make an exception for the cool ones like Jimmy.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Herstory Begins Now posted:

cop union: "this will unfairly force cops into a dangerous situation where they must balance the number of murder-strikes from gunning down an entire family with the risk that the unarmed family posed to their safety" and americas heroes deserve better
I interpreted that as two murder events, not just two bodies dropped. Limiting our boys in blue to only a brace of homicides is obviously nonsense.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

At some point Trump has definitely accidentally called Joe Biden and asked him for help framing Joe Biden.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

What do we think are the odds of Rudy causing a constitutional crisis by ignoring the House?

Groovelord Neato posted:

but what's the point of using gorka? he has no juice. he's just a radio host and not a particularly high profile one. rudy at least has some history.
He probably just needs to go home and get some poo poo without getting arrested.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Inferior Third Season posted:

It's only a constitutional crisis if the House tries to use inherent contempt, and the police/Secret Service prevent the sergeant-at-arms from making an arrest or a Trump-appointed judge sides with Giuliani. It will be like a semi-crisis if they start issuing financial penalties and don't get paid.
I mean, all he really has to do is refuse to be arrested. The Sargeant at Arms isn't going to kick any doors in.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Triskelli posted:

Between this and NYT’s Republicans on the street, what the gently caress?! Do these reporters have that small of rolodexes?

E: journalism tax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsCLxfFd6KU
Journalists are basically all morons.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

The issue is the total lack of actual ability to enforce an inherent contempt charge without cooperation from the executive.

It isn't much of a threat if "lol no" is an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

karthun posted:

What about bypassing the federal executive and jumping right to the state of New York? Think the NYAG would want to get involved?
gently caress if I know how that would work. Can a state enforce that? I would assume they'd need a court order to affect an arrest.