Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I still haven't messed with shifting at all, tbh - just seems too convoluted and of limited real use for me, mostly thanks to RNG

Everything about this game is too convoluted and of limited real use thanks to RNG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

When does the contents of a Holy Mountain spawn? Can I make a grand tour of the remaining Holy Mountains, spawn all the Stevari, and then go back and kill them to avoid spawning a Skoude?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Is there a drawing of the wand editing volumes of a Holy Mountain somewhere? In the style of the god angering, shop, and collapse trigger boundaries.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

silentsnack posted:

added a blue box to answer the question (it's approximate since I just slapped it together, but should be within a few pixels)

It's actually multiple rectangles side by side with different tops and bottoms, which is why I was asking.

e: I think there's three, stair-stepping down from left to right. The right edge of the left-most rectangle is just inside the right side of the health/refresh pillar and the right-edge of the middle rectangle is in the left half of the seventh column from the left (fourth from right) in the spell display.

pseudorandom name fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 24, 2024

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

surullisia suomen ääniä

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Hmm. the wiki says the Kammi activates when "thrown", surely that means right clicking like with a potion, not simply dragging it out of your inventory, the game can't possibly be that stupid, I won't check or make a save backup, I'll just gently place it in the storage niche next to my Runestone of Emptiness.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Can somebody verify how to interpret the fungal reality shift lists provided by Noitool/Noita Seed Tool.

My seed lists Acid -> Vomit and Acid -> Vomit (Flask), and doesn't mention Vomit anywhere else.

Am I right that this means that a) if I'm holding a flask of vomit, there's a 75% chance of transmuting acid to vomit and a 25% chance of any of the other options on the list not marked with a flask and b) if I'm not holding a flask, any of the listed non-flask transmutations can occur, but no other transmutations are possible? and c) for the transmutations that have multiple inputs, only one of those transmutations is possible (i.e. for oil/swamp/peat -> sima, if I get oil -> sima, I will never get swamp -> sima?)

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Oh, this run started with me finding out that hiding under Emerald Tablets while the Connoisseur of Wands kills itself got removed in the beta branch and me thinking "well, poo poo, I better do that to get the unlocks before they make an already bad game even worse" and then finding out that the guaranteed Wand Refresh spawn was also removed in the beta, so I did that too, and then it turns out that if you can actually loving heal yourself the game becomes tractable and it became My Third Good Run and it turns out that Noita might be Good, Actually.

So if the top of my fungal shift list looks this, then I'm guaranteed to get Acid -> Vomit on my first fungal shift if I'm not holding a flask?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

silentsnack posted:

Ah, it's a different thing, ok.

Either way, if the UI works the same as the one I linked, the first shift should turn berserkium+pheromone+invis into [flask liquid or flummoxium], second shift will turn snow into [flask liquid or soup], third shift will turn acid to vomit, fourth shift will turn transformed acidvomit into silver

Yeah, Noitool and Noita Seed Tool produce the same output, Noitool is just easier to read.

If I'm holding a flask of Invisibilium when I do the first Berserkium/Pheromone/Invisibilium -> Flummoxium (Flask) fungal shift, it will turn all three inputs into Invisibilium?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

silentsnack posted:

yep, in that instance all 3 liquids will become invisigoo

Hooray, it's going to be Pea Soup and Vomit for everybody!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Question about fungal shifting again.

If I have this sequence of shifts:

The first shift will turn Blood into Gunpowder (Transformed).

Then, if I do the second shift while holding a flask of Gunpowder (Transformed) (formerly Blood), blood will become Ominous Liquid (Transformed), but Gunpowder will stay Gunpowder?

Then if I do the third shift while holding the same flask of Ominous Liquid (Transformed) (formerly Gunpowder (Transformed) (formerly Blood)), what was originally blood will become Fungus Blood (Transformed)? But Ominous Liquid will stay Ominous Liquid?

Then if I do the fourth shift while holding nothing, Toxic Sludge/Poison/Ominous Liquid will become Blood (Transformed)? or will it become Fungus Blood (Transformed)?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Do bosses show up on Enemy Radar and if a boss dies to Venomous Curse do you get credit for the kill and/or does it do its drops and also where did Kolmisilmän silmä go?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Maybe they'll remove healing entirely.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Its not so much a recontextualization as how it is literally implemented.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Projectile modifiers, utility spells, projectiles etc. are all purely cosmetic terms displayed to the player. Spells are actually cards with associated Lua code, when you click the button the top card is drawn from the deck into your hand and it's Lua code is run (assuming there's enough mana in the wand). The Lua code can modify the current casting context, add projectiles to the cast or do basically anything else the engine allows. It can also recursively draw additional cards, which passes a copy of the casting context on the stack frame to the next card's Lua code. At the end of the cast, your hand is moved into the discard pile. When your deck is empty, the gun reloads. If it's a non-shuffle wand, the contents of your wand's inventory is copied into the deck in the order specified, if it is a shuffle wand, the inventory gets randomly permuted before getting inserted into the deck.

Chainsaw is broken in that it does cast_delay = 0 instead of cast_delay = cast_delay - whatever.

Wand Refresh is broken in that it hand-rolled emptying your current hand and the remainder of the deck into the discard pile and then moving the discard back to the deck, which means at the end of the spell cast your current hand is empty, and when the game looks through your hand for limited use spells in need of decrementing, it doesn't find them. (Wand Refresh also uses "refresh" and "reload" instead of the player-visible term "Recharge", presumably because they realized how badly they hosed up and just threw up their hands and left it in the game.)

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Sounds great, you should use that wand on the big spider things left of the jungle.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Oh, that Weakening Curse - Explosives is critical, it raises their explosives modifier from -0.2 (i.e. heal 20%) to 0.05.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Waking the Gatekeeper

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Big Triangle on the right side of the Temple of the Art.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Fungal reality shifts are so absurdly dangerous that I'm convinced the developer-intended way to use them is to plug your seed into a seed calculator, there's absolutely no reason to touch them otherwise.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

You have to hit the Tripping balls state (which has at least 180s timer), and then there's a 5 minute period where no fungal shifting is possible.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/q4NTsPs.mp4

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

The physics engine may smash every potion and randomly delete objects, but sometimes it is very funny, so who can say if it is bad or not?

https://i.imgur.com/QW9NwDB.mp4

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Any modifier that increases lifetime will do that.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Just a pillar segment, which mods don't effect.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Hey, wanna see a panic attack?

https://i.imgur.com/dvMkq4m.mp4

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

KillHour posted:

People who know this stuff very, very well have decompiled the game and know exactly what code spawns the eyes and exactly how that code works. It did not help.

My assumption is that whatever secret the eye message reveals isn't actually in the game executable yet, and will get patched in shortly after the message gets decoded.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Stop theory-crafting ways to make the game worse.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

What if there was a robot that fired a teleporting polymorphine auto-injector that instantly warped to your body????????

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

What if there was a Good Eye opposite the Evil Eye and there was an enemy that was invulnerable to all damage unless a Good/Evil Eye was present, but it randomly switches between mirroring 100x midas damage back at you if the wrong Eye is out? Also it fires projectiles that destroys terrain/physics objects and it will target any Eyes laying around.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

apparently there's a bug where the desert music machine can despawn if you grab the essence of earth :shepicide:

i will finish this quest someday, maybe

It doesn't have anything to do with the Essence of Earth, its just that music machines are physics objects and the physics engine is garbage. Your mistake was traveling through the chunk containing the desert music machine twice, and the second time the physic engine yeeted the music machine into oblivion.

East 1 and West 1 also have music machines, but you have to deal with the High Alchemist and Connoisseur of Wands clones that cover the surface of the world.

You can also switch gears and do the Dark Chest instead.

Note that if you get another Crystal Key from a parallel world and decide that you want to finish the Coral Chest, you'll have to edit world_state.xml to delete the musicmachine[1234]_done flags, the number of music machines a key has heard is stored in the key itself but which music machines have been heard are stored as global flags. This means that when the original key that's heard 3 music machines gets deleted after opening the Dark Chest, you won't be able to play any music machines for the replacement key.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Add a perk that creates an angry Omega Sawblade that constantly chases you. It'll buzzsaw anything that it touches, of course, so you can use it to your advantage...just don't every get stuck in a dead end!

Call the perk Eternal Health.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Eternal Happiness behaves exactly like Eternal Wealth, but it transmutes everything to polymorphine.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Boulder boss in Sky - reflects all damage, bypasses ambro and stainless, copies player HP, spawns kummitus on death

lmao

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Zesty posted:

The game is almost entirely about learning things, yourself. You really don't unlock anything critical for success like in other roguelikes like Binding of Isaac or Rogue Legacy or whatever.

???

This game has the cruelest, most player-hateful healing mechanic in the history of roguelikes and you have to kill one of two different bosses to even add the necessary spells to the loot table so that the RNG can have the possibility of loving you over rather than it just being utterly impossible.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

High Alchemist or Master of Masters.

But really the correct way to play the game is to refuse to play the beta branch and then throw an emerald tablet on the Hissi anvil and then throw the resulting stone tablet into the alchemist hut in order to open the portal into the second tank, but, more importantly, spawn/permanently unlock the Wand Refresh in the upper left of the Frozen Fault without having to fight the High Alchemist.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Yeah, but if you defeat him, you unlock the Touch of Mustard spell, which is useful in The Meat Realm.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

madmatt112 posted:

Most of y’all haven’t even reached The Hamburglar and it shows

The Hamburglar being vulnerable to slice and fire damage makes sense, but being completely immune to electricity is just weird.

I mean, look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q61Q94Zx4FE

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

If you bring the pee-pee stone and the doo-doo stone to the cauldron, you become president.

edit: I forgot you also need the evil halo, because the president is bad.

pseudorandom name fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Apr 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Gromit posted:

I hadn't built one in ages so I enjoyed having a pingpong lumi drill in a recent run. It's perfect for Hiisi Base with all the metal walls. Now that I think about it, the last time I saw one was very briefly when my ghost showed up with a bright blue one. Not nearly as much fun when you are on the wrong end of it.

Add Electric Arc and M1 becomes the slow-mo button.