Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Very nearly one of the most moronic possible deaths

https://i.imgur.com/g4BXQX2.mp4

Incidentally, this thing does upwards of 3000 damage per second with no recoil. I didn't get a clip of it but I killed the dragon in less than half a second, it only got to move a few inches.
I'll just, uh, not use the freeze impact with it...

Started playing recently, this game is amazing. Wish I had any experience with endgame stuff because I think I at least have enough damage to delete anything on this run. Which means I'll probably die to stubbing my toe on a pixel of teleport liquid or polymorph. In addition to the above, I almost just softlocked myself in the holy mountain since I'd meteor'ed my way up and left a giant pile of brick dust blocking the teleport area. Forgot and teleported back in instead of taking my tunnel and spawned inside of the debris pile.

Currently drilling my way back up to get my revenge on that thing guarding the lava lake since that's one of the things I know about. I know there's stuff to do related to going up but not sure about the specifics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Are those things you can make in the base game? I've made similar rapid fire homing glowing lance / laser / arrow weapons but not anything with quite as many colors.

I became very powerful on my current run so I decided to finally try to explore cloudscape and the stuff around it. Climbed back up after killing the boss.

I think I brought the right tools for the job.
https://i.imgur.com/3UkrpCT.mp4

and back down on what was at some point the top of the mountain
https://i.imgur.com/IrhUhU0.mp4

Other than an ocarina and something called the coral chest, I haven't really found anything yet other than a million enemies that seem like they'd be a nightmare to fight if I wasn't essentially carrying around the hand of God.
Based on the weapon I have, it's quite possible that there might have been something to find up there that I just bombed out of existence.
re: the chest, I did get a key from the boss of the ancient lab but it didn't seem to do anything to it.

To be honest, not actually sure what I'm looking for. Haven't looked up much yet although I'm not really avoiding spoilers anymore since I've beat the game normally a few times now.

Using omega which I got for the first time on this run. I'm not 100% sure exactly how it works yet in terms of ordering but it seems to be doing its job
I really wish I didn't have the legs though. I didn't know picking up that one item would do that...

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Oh weird, I just looked up the thing that shows up in the lava lake since I attempted and failed to kill it several times earlier in the run, couldn't figure it out then tunneled into a bunker after getting polymorphed and nearly killed. But from my inventory I have the things he drops, which I remember picking up from a random rear end tunnel while drilling to the right of the temple area.

Earlier, he'd stopped trying to shoot me through the wall and I heard tunneling for a while so he must have killed himself somehow. I thought he'd just gotten bored and left for some random part of the world.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Oh, are you a dev? I was looking to make a bug report/request anyways based on my first into cloudscape.

I was in the cloudscape and had the leg mutation from the temple/lab.

It was extremely easy/common to get stuck in cloud pixels and unable to move at all, especially when using destructive spells but also sometimes just because of falling gold/objects disturbing the surface. The game did not consider me close to terrain despite being in and around clouds so I wasn't able to levitate. Digging bolt/luminous drill didn't free me even with exploding projectile attached and wiggling around only occasionally dislodged me and lonely after a long time. Recoil wands didn't do anything.

Some form of teleportation was the only thing that consistently got me free. I didn't have teleport bolt and going back to search I only found return which thankfully did work since it could displace me a few pixels.
That one spell that destroys a bunch of terrain and summons a bunch of worms worked but even then the terrain destruction didn't free me but a worm passing through my position did.
It shouldn't be so easy to get stuck like that as it happened frequently, or it should be possible to dislodge yourself with drill/bolt/chainsaw combinations as those work when similar but less common situations occur in more normal terrain.

If it helps I can grab a clip of the situation.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

RoadCrewWorker posted:

He also made Baba Is You

hempuli is cool and smart af

Hempuli posted:

Thank you :blush:

Awesome. This game is really fantastic.

Do updates affect in progress runs?

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
I'm pretty sure I caused physical damage to the game engine.

Just found the divide by spells. Also had collected the wand with 25 spells per cast from the tower. I put in... a lot of things.
Also had the omega spell.

I put in divide by two and got this:
https://i.imgur.com/giNMS2u.mp4

This took about a second per frame to resolve in real time.

In my infinite wisdom, I put divide by 4 in there instead. I'm currently at something like a minute and a half per frame. If it somehow doesn't hard crash I don't think I'm getting control back for another hour or more...

Current status:

e: been almost two hours I'm probably looking at at least 4 more. I'll see what it looks like when I wake up.
I did try save/quit and reload. Bringing up the menu takes about a minute and it's still in the same state coming back. In the worst case, is there something I can do to load the save without the weapon effects going on?

animatorZed fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Nov 25, 2020

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
I'm feeling pretty good about this run in ng+

https://i.imgur.com/P9jRcux.mp4

With homing and drilling shot those things will seek enemies through the ground which is incredibly safe but the current lightshow is way more fun.
There are a ton of ways I can make this more ridiculous eg with homing black holes or one of the larpa spells, but I don't want a single shot to freeze my game for 10+ hours again...

Also, unlike in ng where the mines became a large empty void I'm trying to leave a decent amount of the ground intact. Although the sound made when exploding bolt or firecracker is attached to this weapon is insane.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

silentsnack posted:

Copy Trail + Homing + Propane Tank is a combo that is good at killing everything, including your framerate.

What is framerate?

https://i.imgur.com/PhVmIVO.mp4

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Is there some trick to dealing with the master of wounding enemies? The thing with the red head that halves your hp?
I'm on ng+ and my weapon deletes screens of things out of existence with 20k-100k+ damage but these seem to have a huge amount of damage resistance.

I think I've tried explosive, lightning, bolt types, piercing types with glowing lance. They never seem to take more than 5-8k at a time, usually less. I've been dueling this one in temple of the art for 5-6 minutes now. There's hardly anything that can be called a level left but he's still trucking.

Am I just missing something?

e: like, this weapon one shots cursed crystals and hell worms but this dude has been eating them for minutes now:
https://i.imgur.com/0Emombv.mp4

animatorZed fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 27, 2020

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Zamujasa posted:

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right but I think this means that it actually absorbs explosions, electricity, and ice damage as healing.

That would make a lot of sense. Thanks. I killed one relatively quickly a while back when I switched to a lance so I thought it might be pierce, but it wasn't working on this one. Must have had freezing impact off that wand at the time.

It'd be nice if healing showed up as a separate green number to make that more clear or some sort of visual indication of triggering absorption / resistances but it's not something that's super relevant in a normal playthrough. Just became kind of noticeable on this ng+.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
This is what I imagine trying to fly into the sun would be like.

https://i.imgur.com/K3t0WSN.mp4

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Is there a mod that gives you a better training dummy / damage indicator than the little statues in the holy mountains?

eg: some combination of more durable, easier to cast more powerful spells at without it flying away, and potentially differentiating between the different types of damage it's taking? Ideally not bundled with any other gameplay changes.

A cursory workshop search didn't find me anything obvious.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
loving lol

https://i.imgur.com/AapVm28.mp4

I have never felt the thread title more strongly

e: in less insanely idiotic news, finally managed to kill this rear end in a top hat

https://i.imgur.com/f0iT3n1.mp4

animatorZed fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 2, 2020

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Dang, congrats, that's a kill that's still eluded me. It feels like unless you get homing or rapid-fire damage fields, pretty much nothing will kill it quickly.

Thanks. tbh I'm not 100% sure why this setup dusted him as opposed to my previous attempts which mostly had ended with me bailing out or dying. The other attempts were also somewhat similar looking murder beams, sometimes with damage field.

This one has +bounces and the weaker homing from the perk instead of the modifier so maybe that did something since I lured him into a tight space instead of fighting him in the chasm.

Alternatively, might just be that the numbers on this one are ridiculous.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Zamujasa posted:

the orb/bridge boss can be one-shot, the problem is (like was mentioned) it gets invuln every time it takes damage and it has really high resistance to most damage.

Out of curiosity, why was I able to do so much damage to him then? I can see his shield being triggered constantly.

Vanilla game aside from using the training dummy to see how much damage things do. No spells to power there but 2x triplicate bolt, chainsaw/drill to speed it up, bunch of crits and mana, 2x heavy shots and a few additional damage+.
Fire arc/trail along with crits on burning and bounce to keep them around.

That version of the weapon did 20-30k dps on the dummy I think.
After popping into the west parallel world, I got it up to 200k dps.
After point blanking myself with a touch of gold I got it down to 0 dps.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Not sure if this should be in spoiler tags since it's so far outside the bounds of a normal run but:

https://i.imgur.com/EYM0G1V.mp4

I think I broke it.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Let's see what's in the fungal caverns tod....

https://i.imgur.com/n7252V9.mp4

nope nope nope nope get me out

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Steve, I know you're angry, but this is clearly not.my.fault

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Does the concentrated spells perk add a fixed cast delay that can't be worked around? I really wish it mentioned that in the description as it doesn't even vaguely allude to doing that. It's really bad for endgame fast wand setups then.

I mean, I can still do 40-100k dps but it really damped my enthusiasm for continuing this postgame run since it wrecked my wands. They could be doing way more and it really slowed down the digging and movement setups. No amount of recharge reduction or chainsaws seems to affect it now since the perk effect seemingly overrides it entirely.

Related, since the conc spells perk broke it. Someone was asking about uses for nolla?
https://i.imgur.com/hzwbYo5.mp4

Just ah, don't forget to actually put the nolla on a rapid fire omega sawblade contraption. As I found out by taking 3000 damage instantaneously, and then with my remaining 300 health spent the next 10 seconds frantically dodging the remaining stacked 20 omega sawblades.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

I can see the screen flashing red a bit here; I'm guessing that was from drops of lava getting on you? I can't imagine you surviving if the sawblades were hurting you.

That's, what, something like Nolla -> Doublecast -> Teleport Bolt -> Omega Sawblade? With enough other stuff to bring the fire rate up to maximum?

Yeah, I take a tiny amount of damage from lava before the freeze on the weapon / freeze field kick in since I'm basically teleporting into it.
Some increase mana, triple cast, teleport bolt, nolla, omega sawblade and then chainsaw. For that clip I tossed freeze impact in there.
I tried it after someone mentioned it here a few days ago.

It still works after the conc spells perk broke it, but it's much slower and I don't think I could do the lava thing again now,

dyzzy posted:

Big oof if it is indeed a cast delay override. Also, there really should be some way to purge perks. Love to freeze the game for 3 seconds every time I take damage because I couldn't ditch revenge explosion after picking up glass cannon x2

Yeah, a way to purge perks would be nice for long runs. Maybe something really out of the way like in cloudscape that costs a lot and removes the last perk taken. Only usable once per character?
That would be pretty sufficiently out of bounds of a normal run and doesn't seem too abusable for a postgame run while mitigating the oops this perk combo breaks everything.

Additional warning for long runs. the projectile bounce/lifetime will do very weird things to digging blast/drill setups.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Hempuli posted:

Sorry about the description for Concentrated Spells being unclear atm; I wanted to differentiate it a bit from Pinpointer when I added spread reduction to that perk (which is also currently a "hidden" feature, and the method I chose was to make it increase your damage but also increase spell delay slightly. However, at that point it was too late to update the descriptions. I'll adjust the perk (and fix the description, whatever its features end up being) in future updates.

An updated description might be fine. If I was just trying to complete the standard game it could be an okay tradeoff even though as is it seems just actively harmful to postgame.
As an alternative, If it added extra cast delay instead of seemingly overriding it that would make it possible to counteract.

Re other perk talk, I think freezing field is fine. Fire immunity is a huge boon early with the additional bonus of basically lava immunity, and the downsides aren't that bad to work around (as long as you don't take any of the X blood perks, oh god). Toxic liquid is a little more annoying to deal with.
It's also kind of cool to jump into an inferno and basically turn it off, also resulting sometimes in liquid fire. By endgame where I'm spamming double divided greek letter copied black holes and zooming around with teleport bolts and optional omega sawblades the effect is barely relevant.

e: freeze field is also great with invisibility

animatorZed fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 8, 2020

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Just to check, is there still an issue with the faster wands perk causing wands to break if they get too low/negative or is it safe to just grab?

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
He used to be insanely hard and scary, but with recent vast increases in understanding of how to construct strong wands*

https://i.imgur.com/L1LHfKS.mp4

I just go and say high everytime I pass through a new side world.

*that don't also crash the game or demolish the framerate**

**much

e: for a first clear, dig some tunnels/trenches into the side wall and under the orb area for cover

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
It's kind of hilarious how endgame noita is almost unrecognizable compared to a standard completion.

https://i.imgur.com/LAtpssT.mp4

Kind of wish there was a way to keep an endgame run around for messing around with while still being able to start new runs since the experiences are so different. Not a big deal though since manually backing up the saves works and I'd only want to do it occasionally anyways.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Greenplastic posted:

drat! Could you post the wands?

Sure!
Goki's mod for the training dummy but vanilla otherwise.

zippy wand:

Mu copies matter eater. lava to blood for lava, and freeze field for other liquids. Digging bolt does nothing, omega sawblade with nolla works without mu/matter eater, just be careful when setting up the wand...

spammy wand:

Can drop the x3 for just another triplicate bolt, or remove it altogether without losing too much for less mana requirements and better framerate.

The ping pong path is usually not there but can help set up spells to power for:
boomstick wand:

The open spaces are for different numbers of speed up modifiers.

One speed up is for massive single target damage.
Two speed ups spreads out more and is what is used most of the time.
Three speed ups is a giant full screen clear + probably the surrounding screens, but may not kill enemies with high health like in ng+ hell.

With no spells to power bonus, the single target version does 5-10 million. The sped up versions do much less but are more convenient.
When using the first wand with ping pong to set up spells to power it does in the ballpark of 2 billion damage :stare:
Max spells to power causes the framerate to suffer though (linked since it shows up huge inline):
https://imgur.com/a/wZ4Lx3G

Without spells to power it's not too bad. If you try to add in a divide, omega, or electric arc into that wand that's more or less instant crash or force quit territory.
For some reason, adding to, removing, or substituting any of the [gamma][bounce bolt][bounce bolt][lightning][infestation][2x] massively reduces the damage. Can add quantum projectile to it to make it look really pretty.

For practical use in a normal run, the bounce bolt explosive projectile combo is the main part and extremely potent, basically a game winner. With homing it's super strong, and with drilling shot you can safely annihilate anything although you may need another weapon for the 1-2 explosion resistant wizard enemies.

Important note: explosive projectile bounce bolt will not harm you even if you don't have explosion immunity.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

This was exactly my reaction when I found out about this.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Greenplastic posted:

I put an "add expiration trigger" on the teleport bolt, which triggers a Nolla'd Zeta copying a black hole! The black hole disappears instantly after eating away a little circle around where you teleport!

Neat. I don't think I've seen that spell modifier before, although it's possible I just mistook it for necromancy and ignored it.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Convergence posted:

Apparently the game did not think explosion immunity was sufficient for a 2x stacked glass cannon build with a triple cast giga death cross wand.

Giga death cross has a projectile component that explosion immunity doesn't protect against. afaik, it's not in the description. yep, been there.

Back to starting new runs
https://i.imgur.com/4XAuVX7.mp4
Top 10 anime betrayals.

also
https://i.imgur.com/MNjpirC.mp4
Steve, stop! The real culprit is right over there! Steve, it didn't have to be this way...

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I hit the last boss with a bunch of chaos magic ball lightnings and the game was not happy about it. In NG+ for the first time though! I don't know where I found it but I have an unlimited spells touch of gold and yyyeah. Everything instantly dies.

Everything indeed....

https://i.imgur.com/AapVm28.mp4

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Regarding spiders burrowing into the holy mountain right before/after the jungle and pissing off steve, does this happen to anyone else?

My friend with a similar number of hours says its never happened to them yet it seems like every other time I get there I hear *gong* you have angered the gods a few moments after going through the portal.

One time I ported in to find three spiders and two wizards just chilling next to the statue. In that case they hadn't even burrowed there which means that all 5 must have been teleported there somehow.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Maybe they just dislike me in particular.
On the plus side, free hole to bypass the mountain collapse and retain wand editing!

I mentioned the strong combo of bounce bolt / exploding projectile previously. It's rarer, but infestation seems to also get a similar large damage boost to bounce bolt, but generates a bunch of projectiles with one cast which can make it insane. They're super light so any speed mod sends them flying. Someone told me to try out a mist spell with homing / damage field, and that's also a really silly combo. I imagine that would work out extremely well with something like circle of stillness as well.

currently I have something like
trigger -> [homing][explosive proj][drill shot][damage mods][damage field] [multicasts] [lightning] [slime mist] [copy x3] [bounce bolt] [infestation]

And this was prior to going through vault (got a good base wand from a repaired wand and some insane luck getting a copy x3 drop from a chest.)
Every shot cleared more than a full screen past my vision in every direction, I hardly saw a single enemy face to face in the entire vault/temple of the art.

I could have also put electric arc on it too but kept setting myself on fire.
Just got fire immunity from the temple mountain now though :getin:

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
This probably goes without saying, but make sure you have enough momentum or cover to avoid the lake boss's revenge attacks even if you can one shot him...

https://i.imgur.com/tH6UCg5.mp4

Also wasn't expecting him to machine gun large magic missiles at me. 8000 health down to 1. Thanks, saving grace!

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
I know this looks like a warcrime, but that hiisi had it coming I swear!
https://i.imgur.com/1iwH1cd.mp4

gif doesn't capture audio, but this seriously sounds like the world is ending

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Greenplastic posted:

drat!! Can I see wand?

It's the second wand

Pretty similar to the boomstick I posted earlier. Warning: I have cosmetic particles turned down a fair bit and it still hits the framerate pretty hard.
Take out the Mu and divide for something more manageable. Depending on the greek letters and copy spells used, you'll have to play around with the ratio of heavy shots to speed ups to get things to spread out. I'm not using the training dummy on this run so I'm not sure about it's damage.
For hilarity, replace burning trail with oil trail. Definitely take out some of the letters/divides though otherwise you'll be measuring framerate in seconds per frame.
https://i.imgur.com/bUNOsfQ.mp4
I've avoided spells to power due to framerate, but I'll probably tone down the copies and go spells to power for max damage when I take on the high orb boss.

On a side note, for a few previous runs I've been using the tinker everywhere mod for convenience. However, for the current I decided to go completely modless without even the training dummy since I wanted to go after a high orb kill on the final boss.
This ended up becoming incredibly tedious as I didn't find the tinker everywhere perk, or even any sort of movement increasing perk until the end of the third parallel world...
Think I might just stick with the tinker mod in the future. I've proven I can get here consistently without it multiple times already.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
I decided to try and fight the boss at 22 orbs.
Spoilered since it's the end boss in case anyone wants to be surprised by it.
https://i.imgur.com/reqV4nx.mp4

First time I've seen this message:

A question about mechanics. I uploaded a bit more of the fight here: https://youtu.be/o9m7Yy9ooVM
The first few shots barely scratched him, and then the last shot did... that.
Is that all just difference in scaling for spells to power? For a trigger spell, does it want projectiles near your character, or near the spot where the trigger goes off, or near the point of impact on the target?
Do orbs increase resistances in addition to the health pool? Aside from the additional invulnerability phases

Voice is my friend and obs recording got a little wonky since I was sharing over discord at the time. The big pauses did happen in game, though.

I did that run modless but I'll probably go back to tinker and training dummy mods now because shuttling wands between tinker zones was pretty tedious and I like being able to see exactly what my wands are doing.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

goferchan posted:

I think it has something to do with casting a really powerful spell. I know that if you manage to create an infinite-duration projectile you get "THE GODS ARE IMPRESSED"
Yeah, I thought it was for the boss kill, but looking it up afterwards it's based on doing a certain amount of damage.
Speaking of really powerful spells, I tried out the spell lab mod which has some challenges that are basically wand crafting tutorials in addition to just being a godsend for experimentation. Learned a lot from it. Definitely recommend taking a look to get ideas on useful wand combos and explanations of weird wand mechanics like cast delay manipulation, wrapping, and velocity which I did not know was a thing. Note that it only gives access to spells that you've already unlocked normally.

Pierce was a big one in creating super high dps wands, but I doubt I'll use those normally due to the risk.
However, I found a pretty unintuitive spell combo that seems to have the same effect as pierce which wont kill you as long as you have the relevant immunities. It also has the massive benefit of not completely murdering my framerate like the exploding shot contraption I'd been making before.

trigger -> homing, heavy shot, increase lifetime, multicast a few lightnings. The more heavy shots/crit the better, add greek letters, matter eater to taste. To amp it up stick a 2x at the end, and a gamma somewhere to copy the 2x.
It's like the lightning spell has two parts to it, and only turns into the bolt at a certain speed, so slowing it down keeps it in the initial form which does damage every frame.

This does, ummm. this
https://i.imgur.com/NbYeyWA.mp4

I think I've achieved damage number nirvana. Going to try taking on the 33 orb boss next time I'm able to make something like this in an actual run.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
I got myself a little gradius option :toot:
https://i.imgur.com/GLVa36T.mp4

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Now I'm wondering what the maximum amount of shield defenses you can have is. There's the Shield perk of course, plus the Projectile Repulsion Field and the one that deletes projectiles that hit a small arc behind you. Then there's the passive shield on wands and the passive forward-arc shield. And the projectile slowing field perk. Am I missing anything else?

I tend to not take any of the repulsion field type perks since they end up affecting your own projectiles as well in various ways. Although the one that's a partial cone in front of you actually does a pretty good job at deterring bullets.

Amusingly, it also allows you to push around circle and mist spells. Doubly funny if you actually find something like circle of vigor and try to use it to heal, only to see it immediately get ejected two screens away from you.

I'm sure you could do something funny with this with a damage field on a mist/circle and homing/increase lifetime. If it runs out of targets and stops you can just keep shoving it around until it finds someone new to attach to and murder. Also stack them and push the stack around.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Speaking of trick kills, thrown tablets can kill nearly every enemy and they count as trick kills. Grabbing the one between mines and the lava lake can net you a decent amount of extra cash in the early game

Flying toasters, terminators etc can be killed with one bonk to the head. An option if you're stuck with weak wands.

If you get the invisibility perk, throwing a tablet does not break your invisibility so go wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
For late game multiworld runs I unironically look for the fast swim and breathless perks because a single shot from my weapon probably generates a half screen or more of blood and it floods areas.

Not that drowning damage does anything appreciable at that point, but the screen effect and noise are annoying.