Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Jet Jaguar posted:

From the podcast, the Five Stages of Jacksonville Grief:

- Graffiti a Red Lobster
- ATV race
- Tattoo fight
- Prank call the morgue
- Graffiti the morgue

That was excellent and I'm bummed it was cut, but I'm also very glad I got the hear it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I gotta appreciate team cockroach for always striving to get better, but can you imagine how many points they'd get for alleviating the neverending suffering of billions of current and billions more future souls?

I suppose The Judge still wants to reboot, so no harm in trying, but ending eternal torture for countless souls has gotta be good enough for Michael and the soul squad to get their wings, right? Beats the bag off what mindy st clair got done, imo

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

There's always the pile of never ending New Yoker magazines to read, I guess

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Mr. Powers posted:

It was a good episode. It was a fun episode. It was a touching episode. It was not an eventful episode.

Chidi coming back with hundreds of years of memories cool as a cucumber in the face of oblivion after the knowledge of three people you love and a pair of eternal beings placing their whole confidence in you to stop billions of souls from existing is pretty eventful IMO, but I know what you mean

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Tequila25 posted:

He slipped on a marblized Janet.

Yup. It was confirmed on the podcast. You see the Janet marble roll towards the gang, but you dont actually see jason stepping on on it, just him going rear end over teakettle with his Duvall ditchwater

e: another podcast tidbit was the super slow mo was done on a phantom camera that can shoot something like 4k frames per second, but they shot between 900 and 1k FPS if there are any tech nerds out there

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

That's a drat fine observation!

Also, Jameela was on Conan last night and the interview was funny as hell, and her story about being Jason IRL is pretty excellent

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

mcbexx posted:

Just catching up on the week, and holy hell she's so funny, charming and quite ... naughty.

"But my whole career has just been 10 years of saying yes to everything ... apart from anal."

Andy: "Well, you gotta leave something, you know? Room for growth."

"No, I don't think it's gonna grow."

She also seems to dress just like Tahani all the time.

Oh, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXsLPgAOmyg

Yeah, she was quick with the quip back to andy. I was impressed lol

In other news, and on a completely different subject, I have spotify playing music for me in the style of pandora based on some albums I like. Anyway, the Jacksonville vs. Arizona situation has entered the rap world. An artist by the name of Astronautalis was played. I heard him shoutout "Duval!!!" and figured Jason would love the dude. Anyway, he closes out the song "Boiled Peanuts" with the spoken word statement "I'm talking florida. Without question, without parallel, the weirdest state in America. You ain't even fading us, Arizona with your hippies and crystal magic."

God bless him

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

kumba posted:

I am glad I just looked at the TV schedule because I didn't realize until just now it's on at 830 instead of the usual 9! Posting in case I am not alone!

Thank you! I clicked on tv iv for the first time in ages so I had no idea the show was back! Thanks for bumping it!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Phenotype posted:

You guys are being super blasé about the prospect of being able to have all your wishes fulfilled. Like, okay, it eventually gets old because there's no challenge but like... how long do you envision it taking before you get bored of it? I have to imagine I'd be happy to live in the magical lap of luxury for at least as long as my lifetime on earth. If they can rig up a way for me to shitpost on the internet and play online video games I might never leave.

The people in the Good Place have been there for a minimum of five hundred years -- the guy with the DDR jacket said he's from 2500 BC. It's gonna take a while before your brain turns to mush. Eternal pleasure until I've experienced everything I've ever wanted to and my brain turns to mush seems like a pretty good reward for being good on earth.

4500 years ain't poo poo on the scale of cosmic existence, much less *~eternity~*. if, at the end of the day, you just want the monotony to stop after 100 years or 10,000, the end result is the same

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

For those of you who can watch it live on NBC, there's going to be a live interview of the cast after the episode :)

(This is Mike Schur's Twitter account:)
https://twitter.com/kentremendous/status/1222925377682792448?s=21

Thanks for this! My cable says there's a new SVU on at 9, so i set that up to record too. I'm glad my wife is out and about tonight cuz crying at a sitcom is something I've never done that I can recall at least

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

BioEnchanted posted:

Janet will always be more than just another Janet, she'll probably make new friends. Also given her non-linear perception of time it's not like she's ever going to be alone as far as she's concerned.

Yeah, my takeaway was she's experiencing existence like the aliens in Spaughterhouse 5.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Still floored Carden didn't get a nomination for "janets" but glad she and harper got one in on the last season. Both were so, so good (obviously)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Ishamael posted:

Seems like she has disappeared from social media after the criticism over her earlier edgelord tweets came up. Too bad, her tweets and instagram posts were some of the only good internet content.

i think about this often:

https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1087143660389466112?s=20