Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

In a show that's gotten renowned for its plot twists, the greatest twist of all would be to play it completely straight. I'm saying this is still the michael we've known :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm curious about the first sentence in Episode 3

endless torture.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Michael being replaced by someone in a micheal suit isn't happening, for these reasons:

it's clumsily telegraphed/foreshadowed.
it robs the character michael of stuff to do in the early season
it doesn't lead to anywhere interesting
a body-swap/infiltrator story is somewhat cliché
we haven't dealt with anything old michael wouldn't do.

In short, it's not happening because it is the expected thing to happen.

Now you want a twist? Here's a twist. Team cockroach is going to fail. They will not rehabilitate the human test subjects to the point where they make up the point loss of their current lovely selves. BUT. Almost all the important discussion has occurred around the Accountant's Obelisk. The same accountant who was previously miserable annotating Weird Sex Things. Who will go back to Weird Sex Things if this experiment fails. Who may or may not be able to hear the moral debates of Team Cockroach, and be influenced by the implications.

Or who can be blackmailed to give positive points because otherwise it's back to Weird Sex Things for him. And as the show has repeatedly debated, doing a good thing for corrupt reasons is still doing good.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

oh man I didn't realize how much I missed that laugh.

coming up next, one of the humans made the cut, two are going to the bad place. And one is going to the medium place.

You'll never guess which one

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

nobody cares, the_nurse!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

that is some serious eyebrow performance.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I didn't see it coming, but of course the arbiter of the current system is going to rule to keep that current system and alter society to fit it rather than alter the laws to fit society. It makes sense for their function and role.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

wait, since when did glenn care about the humans? I don't remember him caring about humans at all, he was just annoyed that his boss is an rear end in a top hat and was cheating (which was somehow shocking to a demon).

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Is tonight the last episode of 2019?

wait what?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Part of me thinks this week's episode and last week's should have swapped, so that we go into the hiatus after disco janet.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

One thing I didn't see is why jason suddenly spilled his drink? Nobody pushed him as far as I can see, and he wasn't even doing anything weird with the drink.

Was the drink sapient and suicidal?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

bad janet's void is the best, after disco janet's.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

The irony is that Pirates of the Caribbean 12 was actually a return to form for the series. It was just that no one watched it. I'd like to see that actually, a Demon watching something they expect to be trash, only to realise "poo poo, this is actually surprisingly good..."

you literally just saw that realization with Shawn.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

i imagine the good place people will become the antagonists for the last couple of episodes, coupled with some hilarity as shawn indulges in old habits.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

The photos for Vicki's classes are :perfect:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

the good place is going to be the starship from Wall-E but worse.

quote is not edit.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

assuming that the final act will place team cockroach against the good place management, ... how do you win against an opponent that wants to let you win? How do you make someone put up a fight when their very essence is to be subservient?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

unless I misremember, the announcement of suicide door doesn't state where the door is, just that it exists, you still need to find it.

Which could mean that in this omission they created the one thing that is not available in the good place - an obstacle to your goal.

Of course the solution someone could come up with could be "hey janet move me to the door" but there is room for growth there.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

bearimies are a closed loop so stalin made it less bearimies than hitler, hitler made it in less bearimies than ford and ford made it in less bearimies than stalin.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

pile of brown posted:

I.. saw.. THE TIME KNIFE?

I did. it was neat. :)

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Did Jason really ever do ANYTHING after the first season? He made good comedy relief and this is a comedy show so it's fine, but it feels like he rapidly became totally irrelevant to any of the plot.

His relationship with Janet cracked the undercover janet case. He was easily the most emotionally mature when the plot decided to use that.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I need more MEJ in my life, that man is dreamy.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Ishamael posted:

Seems like she has disappeared from social media after the criticism over her earlier edgelord tweets came up. Too bad, her tweets and instagram posts were some of the only good internet content.

what edgelord stuff? was she preaching the revolution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Gobbeldygook posted:

She made some extremely racist tweets back in 2011-2012, e.g. "It's not politically correct to say "retarded" anymore, you have to call them "Asian-Americans"."

Oh. Oh gently caress.