Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Pinwiz11 posted:

JANET

brad
dr scott
rocky
Bullwinkle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

After Janet said she was gonna' barf up a quasar I realized, in a moment of "this is the bad place" epiphany, that she might be god. If not always, then now.

So glad to be wrong, because every Janet uniting was so much cooler than my theory.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I don't want it to end!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I just spent over an hour sobbing uncontrollably. I know this is just a weird internet "ha ha, somebody cared about a TV" thing, but I had all my cries beaten out of me as a kid and when they come, I am thankful and feel like maybe I actually am human.

I miss the people I've loved who are gone now. Schur knows how to make me cry.

Edit: that's not even what caused the tears, but I don't have it in me to talk about that at the moment.

Show ruled. Finale ruled.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Arist posted:

As someone who also has ADHD, it's not at all the same thing. There's a difference between growing naturally and snapping your fingers and having an inextricable part of your mind altered as if it was never there.
I pop a few pills that alter an inextricable part of my mind. Did I commit suicide by seeking treatment?

How about when I medically and socially transitioned? To all the world it appears as if I changed my gender. Should I have not bothered because it would fundamentally alter me?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Arist posted:

So, first I'd like to say that you escalated the scenario in a way that feels rather hostile, and that's weird.
Your implication that seeking treatment for debilitating problems is somehow killing the real me was escalated plenty, pal.

This isn't deaf people or people with autism, where they're a culture and a people unto themselves. You said medicating a person's ADHD would be killing the person, which is extremely hosed up and you need to not say that ever because there's a very real chance it could harm somebody.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

DoctorWhat posted:

Arist is right. It's like obsessing over scientific accuracy in Doctor Who. It is not what that show is about or cares about and if you're focusing on that, you are not actually watching the show they made.
Cinema Sins has set art criticism back by like three hundred years and convinced people that being media illiterate is not only just as good as being media literate; it's better.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

The only finale. There is no final season that takes place in a medical school that's only redeemed by Eliza Coupe and shirtless Michael Mosley
That last season was fantastic when it was being the new show it wanted to be instead of bringing J.D. back like so much zombie.

1glitch0 posted:

The show is like a hybrid of a good version of LOST
Lost was the good version of Lost. :colbert:

It's me. I'm the person who likes things people hated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yeah, that's really gross.