Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Vietnamwees posted:

Donkey Doug is somehow both the best of this group of humans, and the worst.

Waiting for a "Donkey Doug figured it out? Michael was right, this really does hurt." comment from Architect Eleanor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Tristesse posted:

He was also perfect in the one episode of Review with Forrest McNeil he was on.

Tick tock, Mr. Wick! Tick tock!

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

howe_sam posted:

I'm fairly confident the show's thesis statement was not delivered by Vicki in a Michael suit.

Vicki is the one in the Simone suit, right?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
That little sob was heart wrenching. And my money is on Glenn being the railroad zombie. He's on the same path as Michael, who will be revealed as the true human subject of all the experiments. all if the humans will be revealed as angels. Janet will still be Janet, and Shawn will be revealed to be a Janet in a skin suit.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
$5 says it's Glenn, get in on this action now, doggs

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Pinwiz11 posted:

That's my guess, either to cause commotion or he's legitimately switching sides.

Outside theory: it's Mindy St. Clair warning of an impending Derek-apocalpyse, having created a ton of incredibly dumb Derek-babies all on his own. This sort of fits in with everybody having a foil this season.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Taear posted:

Uh who is Glenn, again?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Oh my God, I can't believe I was right. Sock it you forking dinks!

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Xelkelvos posted:

He'll find out. And he'll be so annoyed.

He also might try and turn Jason but Jason is a pure and good boy who can BS his way through some of the dumber demons.

Also, Jason can ball-tap with the best of them.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
I'm just excited to see blue goo fishtank Glenn in a few more episodes.

BLORP

"thanks, Glenn, that's a great point"

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Sloth Life posted:

I wonder if playing Good Janet for bad reasons will become a habit and eventually Bad Janet will be Neutral Janet. The experiment itself fails miserably but team cockroach win because Glenn and BJ are no longer actually evil.

Did somebody say dumbass theory time?

all of the experiments are designed to teach janets how to be good. our good Janet has been rebooted millions of times before being activated by Michael.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

yorkinshire posted:

What's to stop the good demons from taking over the bad place entirely and restructuring it, thus making the accountants meaningless.

This implies that the accountants are secretly rigging the points system to ensure they'll always have more accounting work.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
"you all stay and enjoy the full sized sandwiches" was a nice follow up by Tahani.

E: the fact that this show has no swag is a loving crime! Where's my"dead eyes, eat hearts, can't lose" poster ?

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 26, 2019

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

MadJackal posted:

Happy Halloween, you fat dink jabronies.

Oh, this reminds me: I was amazed that the show got "slam pig' past the censors. Even the straight version is amazingly vulgar.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

flatluigi posted:

honestly going 'sometimes people aren't redeemable' might be nice, especially when talking about a rich racist rear end in a top hat

This is the kind of twist I didn't realize I even wanted.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Regy Rusty posted:

If it takes nothing less than the threat of infinite torture for people to learn to be better then humans really are hopeless and the bad place is right

Hey, save this kind of enthusiasm for next Beraimy, you munch.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Agronox posted:

And the show sort of gets into this problem when they go to reboot Janet / Derek.

I want to see the billion-reset version of Derek. Most specifically, what will be in his glass.

fake edit: after that many resets, perhaps he'll be clean shaven.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Outside bet on season ending

the experiment ends. Shawn and Michael welcome Eleanor to her new life as a demon in the bad place because of how well she forked over both her friends and the experiment subjects.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Mr. Powers posted:

there are no bad seasons, only bad opinions, bad people, and The Bad Place.

They see what they see, man.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Can't wait to see Chidi get the memory restoration treatment that Eleanor got in that Arizona library.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
This episode is gonna make me cry, isn't it?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
I made it out ok. The note was great.

E: and then I caught a few minutes of Will and Grace on broadcast TV. What a shock to the system that was.

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 22, 2019

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Taear posted:

That episode bored the pants off of me. I feel like it
It felt like a sidequest where you're nearly done with the main game.

The good place, the idle game: achievement unlocked: Prestige reboot Chidi 824 times.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

MikeJF posted:

"This is your workout buddy, Chris."

How amazing would it be if this iteration managed to convert Chris because he never realized how jacked humans could get?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Get your best " This is the bad place!" reaction gifs ready: https://www.cbr.com/the-good-places-first-funko-pops-frozen-yogurt/

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
That's the good stuff.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Hoverclown in the clown home is what finally got to me.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

ZRM posted:

What it is, what it is.

What it was, what it was. :smith:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

The_Doctor posted:

Janet made a bag of cocaine for Mindy,

Maybe this is how we got Disco Janet.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Oh my gosh, superpuppy :3:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

CPColin posted:

Wait a sec, Big Ben isn't a clock! :mad:

Yeah, Big Ben was the doctor!

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Watched the last two episodes again. One of the things I noticed is how off the pacing is in both of them. There's also a big thematic similarity in terms of setup with the good place committee running off and seasons 3+4 around reforming hell and uplifting Michael & team cockroach.

I think it might have been planned to have a season 5 to address good place problems, and it couldn't come together for some reason. prior seasons have always been centered around One Big Philosophical Issue, this season has two. The scene with Michael signing his life away would have been as big a season cliffhanger as any other in the show's history. I also think a lot of the exposition has been rushed: the Jeremy Bearimy title card was weird and the team just announcing "here's a mystery door for when you're too tired of the good place" was rushed, too. They've always built up to decisions like those in the past to help the audience understand them better.

I'm rambling now, but these are the things I saw. I don't enjoy the show any less, but there's been some rough edges this season.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Dr Christmas posted:

As the series wraps up, I know actually building a cosmology is not what the series was interested in. Still, it bugs me that every supernatural being has been introduced as exclusively concerned with building and maintaining afterlives and not the rest of existence, including the Judge. But also the judge has the unilateral authority to reset the living universe.

Who doesn't want to know where the good place beings ran off to? What's their vacation look like?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Klungar posted:

Plato got dinged for being pro-slavery, Socrates was the loud chewer.

And ugly, don't forget that.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Neutral Janet strikes again!

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Podcast is up. It's 99 minutes long.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Vietnamwees posted:

I lowkey want a copy of that Jeremy Bearimy calender. Did anyone else see that picture of Chidi dressed up as a pro wrestler?

Stone Cold Steve Austin, right?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
The podcast commentary on Jason was extremely touching. Mike Schur had a great way of justifying his character that made him something more than a big dummy.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

jumba posted:

What I mainly got out of the finale is that it is better to choose oblivion than to read anything by Dan Brown.

I burst out laughing at this because the way Chidi said that reminded me of that dumb garbage day meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Argue posted:

Anyway, this is all to say that ⏁⊑⟒ ⌇⟒⍀⟟⟒⌇ ⎎⍜☊⎍⌇⟒⌇ ⍜⋏ ⟒⌰⟒⏃⋏⍜⍀ ⌇⊑⟒⌰⌰⌇⏁⍀⍜⌿ (☍⍀⟟⌇⏁⟒⋏ ⏚⟒⌰⌰), ⍙⊑⍜ ⍙⏃☍⟒⌇ ⎍⌿ ⟟⋏ ⏁⊑⟒ ⏃⎎⏁⟒⍀⌰⟟⎎⟒ ⏃⋏⎅ ⟟⌇ ⟟⋏⏁⍀⍜⎅⎍☊⟒⎅ ⏚⊬ ⋔⟟☊⊑⏃⟒⌰ (⏁⟒⎅ ⎅⏃⋏⌇⍜⋏) ⏁⍜ "⏁⊑⟒ ☌⍜⍜⎅ ⌿⌰⏃☊⟒", ⏃ ⊑⟟☌⊑⌰⊬ ⌇⟒⌰⟒☊⏁⟟⎐⟒ ⊑⟒⏃⎐⟒⋏-⌰⟟☍⟒ ⎍⏁⍜⌿⟟⏃ ⊑⟒ ⎅⟒⌇⟟☌⋏⟒⎅, ⏃⌇ ⏃ ⍀⟒⍙⏃⍀⎅ ⎎⍜⍀ ⊑⟒⍀ ⍀⟟☌⊑⏁⟒⍜⎍⌇ ⌰⟟⎎⟒. ⊑⍜⍙⟒⎐⟒⍀, ⌇⊑⟒ ⍀⟒⏃⌰⟟⋉⟒⌇ ⏁⊑⏃⏁ ⌇⊑⟒ ⍙⏃⌇ ⌇⟒⋏⏁ ⏁⊑⟒⍀⟒ ⏚⊬ ⋔⟟⌇⏁⏃☍⟒ ⏃⋏⎅ ⋔⎍⌇⏁ ⊑⟟⎅⟒ ⊑⟒⍀ Time Knife ⋔⍜⍀⏃⌰⌰⊬ ⟟⋔⌿⟒⍀⎎⟒☊⏁ ⏚⟒⊑⏃⎐⟟⍜⍀ ⍙⊑⟟⌰⟒ ⏁⍀⊬⟟⋏☌ ⏁⍜ ⏚⟒☊⍜⋔⟒ ⏃ ⏚⟒⏁⏁⟒⍀ ⏃⋏⎅ ⋔⍜⍀⟒ ⟒⏁⊑⟟☊⏃⌰ ⌿⟒⍀⌇⍜⋏. ⍙⟟⌰⌰⟟⏃⋔ ⟊⏃☊☍⌇⍜⋏ ⊑⏃⍀⌿⟒⍀, ⟊⏃⋔⟒⟒⌰⏃ ⟊⏃⋔⟟⌰, ⏃⋏⎅ ⋔⏃⋏⋏⊬ ⟊⏃☊⟟⋏⏁⍜ ☊⍜-⌇⏁⏃⍀ ⏃⌇ ⍜⏁⊑⟒⍀ ⍀⟒⌇⟟⎅⟒⋏⏁⌇ ⍜⎎ "⏁⊑⟒ ☌⍜⍜⎅ ⌿⌰⏃☊⟒", ⏁⍜☌⟒⏁⊑⟒⍀ ⍙⟟⏁⊑ ⎅'⏃⍀☊⊬ ☊⏃⍀⎅⟒⋏ ⏃⌇ ⟊⏃⋏⟒⏁:

We all know how the time knife works, Argue.