Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

how is weed cheaper than network television

idk, how cheap is dirt and a seed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm too old to be smoking weed that isn't grown industrially in a temperature humidity and light controlled environment

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
In light of 2 dudes getting almost murdered here's a doctor going through the steps of suspected spinal cord injuries. Pro follow in general even with his click baity thumbnails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poBbo7U-xZs

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

scuz posted:

weed is cheaper (generally) and has a lower body count

I have some bad news about the international drug trade

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sponges posted:

Every game I watch there's at least one guy writhing on the ground in agony.

Good thing that doesn't happen in non-contact sports like basketball or soccer.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Football is killing the players we appreciate.
Every play has multiple penalties and the acknowledgement of them is completely arbitrary.
Death is inevitable.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Good god lafleur is an awful second half coach. Completely unable to adjust. His scripted plays are spectacular though, so it's really frustrating to watch. Hes a total tease. Like heres what we could be moving the ball at will scoring left and right and then the half hits and whoops I've become a pumpkin better hope the defense doesnt poo poo itself.

I'm trying to think of another coach that was seemingly pretty decent to open the game and completely and totally inept at the end. How many weeks does it take to bring it together for a full game. What does the offensive coordinator do to help? What's that weird smell from that fat guys bellybutton? Who knows?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
LaFleur is less to blame than Pettine. The defense got gashed all night.

Also, every NFL fan should be bitching about the clear PI that wasn't called after being challenged. It was as textbook as it gets.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
On Barnett:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1177556450664767488

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

loving how??

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/...3D48%23lastpost

"Shoulder"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What the poo poo

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

The NFL just ignores reality. I'm having a hard time justifying my enjoyment of it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Not that it would make Packers fans happy (understandably) but I'd prefer if they just said 'we think maybe he missed the whistle and was doing that gang tackling thing with an intent to hurt but not injure and we don't think he'll do it again.'

Seems like it'd be closer to the truth at least. I suppose that or 'we can't legislate this because have you ever seen how late dudes come in on every special teams play?'

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I'm still sore that the completely obvious non call on DPI was upheld after a challenge.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'd be fine with a suspension but since he has no priors I understand if they want to just fine him. it should be a big one though. also he definitely should have been ejected

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
There's no reason to not eject offending players after any injury that gets a guy carted off the field. It would help mitigate retaliation and games getting ugly in the second half or final quarter. It would also make it seem like the NFL gave two shits about the safety of any non-QB players.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ghosthorse posted:

There's no reason to not eject offending players after any injury that gets a guy carted off the field. It would help mitigate retaliation and games getting ugly in the second half or final quarter. It would also make it seem like the NFL gave two shits about the safety of any non-QB players.

gregg williams then gets the most galaxy brain he's ever been and pays his own players to get carted off and get opponents ejected

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The NFL should use the college targeting rules, but that'll never happen

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
They really gotta get rid of reviewable PI.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The NFL will never do the smart thing even when it's easier. Gotta come up with something byzantine as gently caress.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

hahaha so they added a review for pass interference calls which slow the game down and make it even more unwatchable than it already is and they still can't get it right lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they should do reviews at normal speed only, no slow motion

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Reviews must be regular speed only, they get 3 camera angles to view and can only view each once.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I look forward to next year when they try to clarify what PI is, make it even more obtuse, then 2 years from now remove replay and go back to the old definition.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

nah posted:

hahaha so they added a review for pass interference calls which slow the game down and make it even more unwatchable than it already is and they still can't get it right lmao

I don't even understand how it's possible, but yes, this is exactly what has happened lmao

thanks a lot, Saints fans

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

they should get rid of instant replay and let the cards fall where they may

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FizFashizzle posted:

they should get rid of instant replay and let the cards fall where they may

I agree, that scoop and score should have stood

yes, Wentz was clearly down, and I do feel the refs made the right call to let the play continue and reverse it when they can get a better angle

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'm fine with automatic challenges on scoring and turnovers but yeah remove everything else

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I absolutely hate when the achievements by incredible world class talents fail due to the incompetence of some middle aged shlubs, so replay is good.

But the PI review is bad because it's just coaches fishing for D/OPI calls, it should be taken out of their hands and assigned to replay officials who apply a "you're loving blind" standard who call down and have blatant PI overturned.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

We deserve the Sky Judge, all glory to a Sky Judge to save us from the hell of constant replay.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
e: oops nevermind I'm dumb, turnovers are automatically reviewed.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

We deserve the Sky Judge, all glory to a Sky Judge to save us from the hell of constant replay.

A sky judge would be better than the whole dog n pony show of the ref running off to sideline to stare at a Microsoft surface

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Skip the Sky Judge & go straight to the Sky Marshal.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Don't make PI a spot foul for fucks sake

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Chichevache posted:

Good thing that doesn't happen in non-contact sports like basketball or soccer.

Eh, the gnarliest thing I've ever seen in basketball (that Louisville guy's injury) still didn't have the implication of paralysis. That poo poo is scary.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--there was that one guy who got punched in the 50s or something

Its Rinaldo posted:

Don't make PI a spot foul for fucks sake

NFL only fans will fight you to the death on this like it will make the game totally unwatchable if you limited it to 15 yards.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

A sky judge would be better than the whole dog n pony show of the ref running off to sideline to stare at a Microsoft surface

Absolutely. There is so much fat to cut and the NFL is only adding more. Buffoons!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Grittybeard posted:

^^--there was that one guy who got punched in the 50s or something

NFL only fans will fight you to the death on this like it will make the game totally unwatchable if you limited it to 15 yards.

It becomes an issue of incentive. If it's not a spot foul, you just interfere anytime you get burned past 15 yards and dare the ref to throw a flag. NFL DBs will interfere to save a TD for 15 yards with frequency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Make it 20 yards then. That's like 2 1st downs. One yard line if in the red zone.