Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

Dec 26, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

Demon is the best, Hunter is the most underrated.

Hunter has a special place in my heart for sure. What I remember of the 2e playtest looked solid too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

joylessdivision posted:

Hunter is a good choice if you're enjoying the "What the gently caress is that, kill it with fire, OH gently caress IT'S NOT DYING RUN AWAY!" Stuff.

You'll need the Blue World of Darkness core and Hunter to actually play it but what I've read of the Hunter core (and HRG which was fantastic) it definitely has a good balance of "We can do this" and "We're probably gonna die but we're taking them out with us"

And since 2e hunter isn't out yet, make sure you get the 1e World of Darkness blue book and not the Chronicles of Darkness book.

Anyone with more experience with nWod/CoD can correct me if I missed anything.

You can use the ChroD blue book if you have Mortal Remains handy because it has edition updates. Whether you'll want to depends on how you feel about ChroD vs. NWoD in general, of course, but it's an option anyhow.

Dec 26, 2012

Tias posted:

So, our ST sprung a true fae on us, murdering one character and releasing the rogue fetch we finally had our hands on. I'm kinda disappointed, but that's more because of other bad approaches by one of the STs recently.

Our characters have been out of Arcadia for, at best, a couple of weeks. Were we realistically expected to survive that encounter?

No, lol.

Dec 26, 2012

joylessdivision posted:

Huh, I never realized the "Actually do good poo poo, don't just talk about it" thing comes from Judaism. I always assumed that was just part of my mom's interpretation of catholicism that I grew up with.

Also as a former Catholic, I just need to say the Protestants are DOING IT WRONG. :colbert:

It's reinforced in the Gospels too (this is from Matthew):

quote:

1“Be careful not to perform your righteous acts before men to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2So when you give to the needy, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

There's a lot of that kind of thing around if you're looking for it, it doesn't take much interpretation. The trick is emphasis.

Dec 26, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So I've seen characters be like "man, ghouls have it rough and we should be better to them" but nowhere have I seen a polite term for them that replaces "ghoul."

Thrall? Still sucks, but it beats ghoul if you care enough to be nice to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Yeah, that works too.