Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

this looks like album art for an avant garde electronic rap album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

in it voted 5

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

BurgerQuest posted:

kicking it up a notch, how many hours have they actually handed out this year? sorry burt, you ain't even close.

this proves that i could easily kick the rear end of most mods, due to my immense power and uncontrollable bloodlust

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I don't know if I ought to be pleased to see I don't make the top thirty, or a little disappointed. I do like stats.

you can start cranking that soulja boy in the form of capricious and unearned 6 hour probations to pad your stats

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Wes Warhammer posted:

It's really cool to see all of these stats in an easy to understand table like this. I like the one FYAD (i presume) IK who gave two 100k-hour probations, four sixers, and nothing else

i actually have no idea who that is. i think they hacked mod powers and got taken out by the feds before they could do real harm

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

In Training posted:

What is this

unlabelled graph with random points being labeled ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

sourdough posted:

Not op, but what it should be is:

Each user is a point in n dimensions, where n is the number of different probation lengths (and bans? Dunno) and each user's value is the number they've given out. So you could be like 100 in the 6 hour, 1 in the 24 hour, 10 in the ban, etc. PCA tries to find common patterns in those dimensions. Like, maybe IKs tend to give a ton of 6ers and bans and nothing in between, old admins usually gave week or month or ban and not much shorter, something like that. The pattern that explains the most variance in the data will be principal component 1, the next principal component 2, and now you can take the n original dimensions and visualize them in just those 2 PC dimensions. Let's say "IKs" and "old admins" were the patterns that were most dominant, now each user being plotted would be how similar they were to the IK style of probes (lots of 6ers, lots of bans, not as much else) on the x axis and how similar they were to the old admin style on the y axis. Points close to each other are users that have similar probe patterns, and that fall in a particular spot on the spectrum of "like IKs" and "like old admins."

Uh, those lines shooting off labeled with the probe durations were probably him trying to show how the principal components related to the actual probe durations, but they're pretty unreadable. So it's tough to tell from that figure what the actual principal components mean in terms of patterns of probations.

no i totally got that, it was just really funny how the axes were not labeled so it could be loving anything and we have no idea