Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Can you list the most popular ban reasons? Also interested in oddly similar ban reasons like "banned for death threats and image leeching".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

BurgerQuest posted:

Not too many death threats it seems.

Leeching has heaps of bans and probes though so I'll see if I can make a page that lets you filter by keywords in reasons without killing your browser.

I mean could you look up which ban reasons, word for word, are most common. And list like the top 100?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

BurgerQuest posted:

Sure here you go - it's not that interesting sadly.

Thanks!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Twenty Four posted:

Anyone know the context as to why "Tech / TECH" is one of the top words lowtax used for bans?

Also lol that lowtax has his own name ranking fairly high in that ban reason cloud.

people putting in tech support requests to get access to offsite torrent sites (that lowtax had nothing to do with). Also some other tech support stuff and things for the tech support subforum

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Twenty Four posted:

I guess that makes sense, I figured if it was such a huge number it would have been something more. Maybe there is? Anyhow thanks!

well there's like dozens of bans that are "Tech Support Request: Yo i can't get my account to work on [torrent site] can you fix it"

edit : lol (redacted by me, not lowtax) (remember lowtax had nothing to do with these sites)

quote:

Tech Support Request: Tech Support,

I recently signed up for your forums, and did so before the advertised shut down date of the BTB on the first of the new year. When i went to confirm registration this morning the 31st at http://wdma.biz/x/?reg it said that registration was suspended indef and not to contact customer support. This feature is the only reason that I signed up for the forums, and why I did so before the cut off date, hence why I am contacting tech support. If I am not able to access this location (ex: wdma.biz/x/?=1925) as advertised, then I would like a full refund of my purchase price because not all functions that were advertised can be rendered

Thank you for your prompt reply,

[first name last name]

[his college]

3rd Year G.Surgery

[his address]

Cell: [his phone number]

Stat page: [I don't know what this is]

Email: [school email address]

edit2: don't know why "support" doesn't show up in the picture, but I don't see many "tech"'s without "support" after it.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

there's 593 people listed there