Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Looks like I need to step up my game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Who What Now posted:

Nice unlabeled axes

Lol is that saying I’ve banned less than 5 users, and probed less than 40. These numbers don’t add up. I callbullshit.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

I found this on a discord months ago.

Not very positive.

Someone sharpie this immediately

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grapplejack posted:

this thread rules, love some stats

99.999999% of your posts suck. There I made some poo poo up too

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BurgerQuest posted:

i hosed up the first 2 graphs stop looking at them

This is some Rassmussen poo poo now

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BurgerQuest posted:

you gotta pump those numbers up burt, those are rookie numbers

They’re bullshit, I’ve permd a statistically significant number of goons. Bar chart is crap as well. Lol @ me and FAU being virtually tied on probes.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lol,drat.

How are you getting these numbers btw?

I seem very hostile from these... :smith:

E and why isn’t Grindcore in this?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BurgerQuest posted:

i just pulled the tables from lepers colony into a 50mbyte CSV file and then gently caress around in excel

i'm do a word cloud from the ban reasons next.

You’ve got one probe in ten years, and it was just recently. I find these statistics v interesting. Ty op.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BurgerQuest posted:

gently caress man i gotta draw lines somewhere, for the graph and table it was >1500 ab/ban/pb/probe activities total, GC is around 1200 something.

It’s cool and interesting, just wondered!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BurgerQuest posted:

i just pulled the tables from lepers colony into a 50mbyte CSV file and then gently caress around in excel

i'm do a word cloud from the ban reasons next.

Gonna guess punctuation oriented

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BurgerQuest posted:

excluding some obvious high volume words, here is your word cloud burt for something like 2000 reasons

Please is #1. We are very polite at least.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

EorayMel posted:

The cursive is kinda hard to read for me, could you redo the word cloud in a more neutral font like arial?

Alternatively, can you find/make a word cloud for the words included in posts themselves that were chosen for ban reasons?

You whine too much

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I feel like my vulnerable underbelly has been exposed!

No, really good thread and effort op.

A given mods probes bans over time might be interesting. Like slow start, peak, then drop off Id guess.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Also, lol at omitting my mod twin buddy Grindcore as statistically insignificant.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BurgerQuest posted:

Or peak at the end in their inevitable syphilitic death spiral as they become more and more unhinged by the community backslash due to their increasing totalitarian ways.

Or maybe not, I'm just a numbers guy.

Do me, I’ll be a control.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BurgerQuest posted:

Will be in about 10 hours. Have money generating work to do today.

Take your time dude no rush. Feel,free,to ignore requests as well. It’s your thread.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BurgerQuest posted:

Would it be fair to say, for 2019 at least, that mods named in the sticky post are full mods and everyone else with activity is an IK/demodded in 2019 mod?

I’m unclear on this post, but your missing alot of mods. We have tons. Also, old mods are in there which just adds to the comedy imo.

Also Ik sometimes “get” to be a mod. See Burt.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

heeheex2 posted:

drat i want a 12 hour

We aim to please here

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

My Spirit Otter posted:

Burt Sexual has to stop handing out 3 days forever.

Nice!

BurgerQuest posted:

kicking it up a notch, how many hours have they actually handed out this year? sorry burt, you ain't even close.

I’m trying!!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

infinite anime posted:

wait it might've been "immortal anime" i cant remember ;( lol

No one loving cares

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Some of the Sheep posted:

I hope you're joking about this, otherwise you're starting to sound pretty pathetic.

It’s a joke, you have no idea how many misc reports we file. Now that would be a good stat. It’s like 90% of reports. I doubt op could get those figures though.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BurgerQuest posted:

He's right burt, data has no master!

Then let’s see it. 6ers for 3 days.

Also, There was another mod that went nuts, I can remember who that was but he was booted i think? That ending would be a spike.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I have tableau so i could do that p easy

Drill down dashboards here we come

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

stab posted:

The new version of tableau is going to have text to dashboard creation

How long before we have a butts vs ban pareto chart

I’m too dumb to understand any of the first or second sentence. But I support butts

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

sourdough posted:

Important forum stats coming up lol

Here's PCA on the fraction of probations that each mod/IK gave out that were of each duration (only looking at people that gave out more than 20 total probes). I didn't do raw number of each probation, since the data doesn't have how long the person's been a mod.

The biggest distinguishing feature is unsurprisingly 6 hours, with a bunch of mods only ever giving 6ers. The next thing driving variability was mods giving out a lot of 1 day and not many longer vs. mods giving out very few 1 day and many more 3 day/week/month. So it's like "IK vs not IK" for the main difference, then "lenient mod vs harsh mod" for the second difference.

Top 5 lenient mods : IOwnCalculus, Martyoof, pipes!, Joementum, Butt Wizard

Top 5 strict mods: liquorhead, Inspector_666, Fatal, NotShadowStar, MainPaineframe

Here’s what the top two PCs look like. Positive value means they give out proportionality more of that probe than average, negative means proportionality less than average.

Here’s showing what the top 5 and bottom 5 mods that match each PC look like. For example, “high PC1” in filled black is IKs: they give 100% 6 hour probations. “High PC2” in filled blue circles are “lenient” mods, that give a ton of 1 day probes and not many longer ones. “Strict” mods, low PC2, are the reverse: few 1 day probes and many longer ones. I don't know who NotShadowStar is, but they're a dick, almost all of their probations given are evenly split between being a week or 3 days.

Finally, here’s the whole distribution of mods and where they fall on the PC1 “IK or not IK” and PC2 “lenient vs. strict” axes. The distribution is kinda weird because it's a zero sum thing. If you give out a lot of one duration, you can't give out a lot of other durations, because it all has to sum to 100%.

Where’s my circles? I get both complaints I’m too strict and too lenient. I need stats to self correct, man.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
A chart that show probation (ncnt and hours) given by subforum. Preferably sorted,by subforum user ncnt.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Was a pemabanned chart made?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

b mad at me posted:

Basically you're saying you're crap at automation

https://www.dataquest.io/blog/tutorial-text-analysis-python-test-hypothesis

this guy does the same thing with way better results

Please stop making GBS threads on op.

And ty for your contribution to funny on this forum, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Permas by week or whatever over the years?