Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cdc
May 28, 2007

To you, Baldrick, the Renaissance was just something that happened to other people, wasn't it?
For a couple of months my work 15" MacBook Pro wouldn't go to sleep and I came to work in the morning with little or no battery. I tried all the usual stuff, like resetting NVRAM and the SMC, re-installing and so forth to no avail. I more or less concluded that it was a hardware problem.

This week another MacBook became available because someone quit and I took over that instead. But that also refuses to go to sleep.

Specs are:

It currently has a completely clean MacOS installation with all patches. No other software has been installed. I've reset the SMC and NVRAM on this as well but it still refuses to sleep. When i click sleep in the menu (or close the lid) the screen goes off, but I can still ping it and the battery drains as if it's still running normally.

Please help...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Apprentice
Apr 3, 2008
Without access to the system it is hard to know for sure. I guess one suggestion is (if you have not already done so); check the “Energy Saver” system settings for both battery and adapter mode . Make sure the “Computer Sleep” slider is not set to “Never”.

cdc
May 28, 2007

To you, Baldrick, the Renaissance was just something that happened to other people, wasn't it?
No, they’re both set to default. 2 and 10 minutes.