Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm pretty sure this guy is actually Bill Murray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm gonna rough you up and I'm gonna flatten you out

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I don't think I'll ever get tired of the trope of

"Hey, no one was there to pick up your COD package."

"We didn't order a package"

"Okay well we won't deliver it then"

"THE gently caress YOU WON'T"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm a wizard, I'm a sorcerer.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Actually now that I think about it, the best line in that video might not even be from LPC.

Listen, after I'm riding around in my Dodge Neon, I'm gonna come over to the GameStop and I'm gonna lay, let's say, 150 bucks on the table. There's gonna be money thrown down, that I'm gonna take from you.

So you're going to pay me 200 dollars to lose at counter strike?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

little munchkin posted:

phones lines are super low fidelity, the people he calls are hearing something way different from the audio that gets pump directly into an expensive recording setup.

also a lot of the super angry people are places that he's clearly called a ton of times already and then only put the last few on the cd.

I get the feeling that one police news desk reporter came angry

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Solomon Gumball posted:

I always think about some of the people he calls and idk that call always unsettles me when he puts her on. Dude sounds like he has an asian bride or something. Weird to imagine.

The LPC curse ic coming for Trebek :( -- Wapner, Money, Dale, Crime News Desk Arthur, and The Interloper are all dead and it doesn't look good for him. I think he always enjoyed the calls from all over the place because he'd always ask where they were from.

Dying while 80 years old hardly seems like the result of a curse.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ralph Hurley posted:

I wonder what the laws actually are when it comes to harassment in the form of prank calls. People are convinced that their threat to call the police department and the phone company will be a deterrent and LPC will absolutely be arrested and jailed if he calls again, and they believe “tracing the call” is a thing. As far as I can tell, he’s never gotten in any trouble in 20 some years and laughs off every threat. I just can’t imagine any police department anywhere giving a single gently caress, even though a lot of his calls taken at face value are straight up trying to scam people into giving him money.

It's definitely illegal but no one has the time to deal with it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

kolby posted:

Do you know that my first post in this thread was the correct version? I think my brain broke recently.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899974&pagenumber=4&perpage=40#post498926980

Lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm stratospheric

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
We saw you in the elevator. You were just going wild.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Riptor posted:

The only thing that would have been unpleasant for you to see of anything me doing in an elevator would be loving a woman. Which I haven't done in years.

And certainly not in Pechantsee county 'cause.... 'cause the elevators don't go that far.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm gonna whoop ya

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I doubt it but I wonder what he does if anyone ever starts giving him a cc number

Get someone to deliver these toilets, obviously

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm just gonna pump iron, and then we're gonna settle up

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ingmar terdman posted:

The only thing that would have been unpleasant for you to see of anything me doing in an elevator, would be loving a woman...Which I haven't done in years. And I wouldn't have done it in Kankakee County because the elevators don't go that far.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm stratospheric. I just am.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Kharnifex posted:

You got heehaw or shanana

You got any urine for sale?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

little munchkin posted:

you're outta your mind, stretchy

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ingmar terdman posted:

The otis elevator guy is one of my favorites because he tells on himself so hard (about not leaving the house or having sex etc)

I stumbled upon a youtube interview with LPC awhile back where he tried some live calls and dialed that guy but didnt get him. What a letdown

The elevators in city hall don't go long enough for him to have sex in them.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah some people pick up on it being a prank and just find it funny and roll with it. Which I think is funny in itself. The thing that makes him stand out is that might it might be the case, or he might actually be a kettle drum owning guy named butt cheek who could kick his own rear end. We will never know.

He sold the kettle drums at the last yard sale!!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bouillon Rube posted:

Manny (Mayonnaise for short)

He loves it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm gonna WHUP ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

im still catching up on the thread but...
as funny as some of these are, and a few are real, most of these STINK of radio show prep services like Prep Burger. Amateur voice actors working their gig for companies like that but because it's not on terrestrial radio they can swear. So many of these are just explicit versions of the awful Scott & Todd "phone scams" or any of the dozens of radio stations who paid for the "War of the Roses" bits where they totally for realz u gaiz catch a cheater on the phone on live radio. I enjoy LPC but so much of this is so very staged and the Otis Elevator one is especially obvious

I'm gonna grip hold of you and pick you up about 80 times