Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

So David Cameron wrote a book I guess, he was doing an interview on Canadian radio, and when asked what his proudest achievement as PM was he says Austerity basically.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1610929731998

E: cat

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Oct 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

PittTheElder posted:

So David Cameron wrote a book I guess, he was doing an interview on Canadian radio, and when asked what his proudest achievement as PM was he says Austerity basically.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1610929731998

He said like last week that he wishes he done more of it and harder.

The pigfucking oval office.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
UK PM Johnson asks EU to block Brexit delay: The Times

hahaha what

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Him pushing the Orban button isn’t that out there when his only other option is breaking the law, and afaik the only way he could be held account for this is through parliamentary mechanisms of a vonc.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As ever though, there's a reason the EU council agrees on stuff and it's because they can all gently caress each other up if any of them start playing silly buggers.

So whether Orban wants to put his position in the EU at risk to please Boris if the rest of the council thinks otherwise, is another question.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
Birthday Adders

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

superLINUS posted:

Birthday Adders

Multiple venomous live snakes are probably not an appropriate gift.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I've just remembered that the first day of my next holiday is Brexit day, so at least I get to have the day off while the country burns

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

OwlFancier posted:

Multiple venomous live snakes are probably not an appropriate gift.

Boris' birthday was in June already anyhow, so bad idea + too late

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Do we really think Bohnson is gonna manage to finagle us into brexit at the end of the month, though? Given his success in votes so far and the sheer power of his Clever Cummings Confabulations I don't think he's going to be able to outfox a united parliament, even if it comes down to the wire

Trying to suppress my natural pessimism to get a better understanding of what's actually going on

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kind of up in the air tbh, I'm sure he's gonna try but parliament seems quite set on loving him up and we might see a caretaker government.

Though we really want him to be have to do it himself, because that's gonna gently caress up his brexit party support.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Happy birthday, Ms A. May the Prince of pleasure seize your desires in his sexy crab claw

I'm on holiday with my friends, we've been looking forward to it all year and all bar one of us are sick as hell.
My gf has recovered from tonsilitus but has gone temporarily deaf as a result from goopy ear, a worth it but unwise shagging means I've now got the tonsil part, our friend has some kind of serious stomach bug and had to get a doctors finger inna bum.
Our remaining friend appears healthy but God knows what we're gonna do once inevitably the throat infection and stomach bug team up to destroy us all.

According to googling we should start to get better around... the time we leave and my gfs hearing should recover sometime around... January????

Pray for us Goons

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Don't shag your girlfriend in the ear.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Commiserations on bums and mouths and ears. Keep us updated on heads shoulders knees and toes (knees and toes)

OwlFancier posted:

Kind of up in the air tbh, I'm sure he's gonna try but parliament seems quite set on loving him up and we might see a caretaker government.

Though we really want him to be have to do it himself, because that's gonna gently caress up his brexit party support.

Yeah absolutely. If he doesn't, though, and parliament has to step in to get it done, I reckon that won't dent his Brexiteer support since he can easily blame it on parliament/traitors/etc. Although maybe his inability to get anything done at all might start to wear thin and make him look weak regardless (just not as weak)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Don't shag your girlfriend in the ear.

Don't oppress me

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Hey everyone! I’m ready to watch this month of politics like a car crash with everyone. I’m ready for more poo poo to hit the fan and spray the room with Tory poo poo.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

jimmydalad posted:

Hey everyone! I’m ready to watch this month of politics like a car crash with everyone. I’m ready for more poo poo to hit the fan and spray the room with Tory poo poo.

Happy you're a new UKMT regular. Abandon all hope ye who enter here

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Customs zones at an equitable 5 & 10 miles back from the border

Pros: Much easier to draw the border
Cons: Cant think of any so far

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Happy birthday, Ms. Adequate. May the True Queen, Bowsette I, grant you her favor.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

pitch a fitness posted:

How does that even work? Does that mean there’s like an area which is Ireland and Northern Ireland? What happens if you live in said area? Are you in or out of the EU? :psyduck:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

pitch a fitness posted:

The west tyrone pocket is looking ripe for encirclement, cut off army group center, unify the island by christmas.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

jimmydalad posted:

How does that even work? Does that mean there’s like an area which is Ireland and Northern Ireland? What happens if you live in said area? Are you in or out of the EU? :psyduck:

We have days to figure this out

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Many Irish citizens will be delighted to live in a DMZ in 30 days' time. They will not get remotely ornery. There will be no trouble(s)

Edit - 'what if we take the intractable border issue and make it bigger? I am a staggering brain genius'

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Oct 1, 2019

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

jimmydalad posted:

Schodringers Brexit.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

The west tyrone pocket is looking ripe for encirclement, cut off army group center, unify the island by christmas.

Anything northwest of Lough Foyle is defacto in the customs zone or else shall be known as the exclave of North-Ireland.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

jimmydalad posted:

The Tories promised to avoid "queues at the border". This is the solution.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/stephenkb/status/1178770514015326208?s=20

I’m sorta impressed and horrified at how much of a boogeyman Jeremy Corbyn has become. I knew it was bad, but not this bad.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It is time to reveal the backup plan.

If all goes terribly this month, then I am all set to inhale the tory front bench and absorb their 'power' to allow the extension and GE to go ahead. I am primed and ready and have trained for this by eating nothing but gammon this last seven months.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

It is time to reveal the backup plan.

If all goes terribly this month, then I am all set to inhale the tory front bench and absorb their 'power' to allow the extension and GE to go ahead. I am primed and ready and have trained for this by eating nothing but gammon this last seven months.

Not to sound morbid but I honestly hope you gave Meta Knight a ring to kill you in case all that evil turns you into a giant monster or something.

Meta Knight respects you and would understand, bro. It's like Superman entrusting Batman with that kryptonite ring.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shocked we even made it to this thread, quite frankly

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

Not to sound morbid but I honestly hope you gave Meta Knight a ring to kill you in case all that evil turns you into a giant monster or something.

Meta Knight respects you and would understand, bro. It's like Superman entrusting Batman with that kryptonite ring.

I will do my best to endure. There are also plans should the worst happen and I start to go all Diablo.
It involves monster munch and feeding me the one true evil flavour. The regulars will know what to do. :)

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

VideoGames posted:

I will do my best to endure. There are also plans should the worst happen and I start to go all Diablo.
It involves monster munch and feeding me the one true evil flavour. The regulars will know what to do. :)

Won't that just turn you into a monster that likes munching?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm here and I'm ready to hoot and holler at politics. It's good again.

I'm going back to the gym today which I think I sorely need. It's a local leisure centre that I live near which is handy.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

VideoGames posted:

In a no deal brexit we’ll have ice cream flavour monster munch again

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

MrFlibble posted:

Is there a country out there that is not currently being run by morons? I mean, I know ours are the dumbest, but things look bleak everywhere.

Our current government is merely half-witted but mostly benign, compared to the actively malignant tumor we had before.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The British Left won in a landslide in 1906 because Balfour decided to be too clever by half and let Campbell-Bannerman into No. 10 in the hopes the Radicals and the Liberal Imperialists would destroy each other in a minority government.

Parliamentary Labour might owe its existence to Balfour's bad judgement because they were carried into office alongside the Liberals, going from a two MPs to 29.

If only people had learned from this in time to stop Hitler :(

And if only we had learned from that in time to stop Jeremy Corbyn! :gonk:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Barry Foster posted:

Many Irish citizens will be delighted to live in a DMZ in 30 days' time. They will not get remotely ornery. There will be no trouble(s)

Edit - 'what if we take the intractable border issue and make it bigger? I am a staggering brain genius'
Well, at least we'll be able to sell landmines, razor wire, and other such delightful devices to the rest of Ireland, instead of having to go allll~ the way to that pesky Middle East. New market opportunities are what Brexit is all about! :downsgun:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Considering how unpopular Jeremy Corbyn is, is it possible for Labour to win while he is in power? I don’t wanna be a negative nancy about it all, but I’m just worried :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

jimmydalad posted:

Considering how unpopular Jeremy Corbyn is, is it possible for Labour to win while he is in power? I don’t wanna be a negative nancy about it all, but I’m just worried :ohdear:

He is not unpopular with the people that matter. Insofar as to say, the media hate him and olds hate him and those are the people most likely to answer polls and talk about who is unpopular.

As soon as fair reporting kicks in again, people understand what he and Labour are offering and things change.