Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That Italian Guy posted:

Relevant to UKMT: yesterday, in one of those "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" kinda quiz shows on prime time TV in Italy, this happened.

The definition is "They led the Russian revolution". Insted of giving the obvious answer, this genius answered Brigate Rosse :doh:

In case you need a quick refresher: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Brigades

Noted Russians Renato, Mara and Alberto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

The TERFs have now managed to logic themselves into a genius position where if you are a male and are not actively transphobic and RTing TERF takes at all times then you are not only anti woman but on the dangerous path to becoming a bearded trans trying to poke your peen into true natal lesbians.

It's mostly reminded me that I need to trim my beard.

jesus christ I think I developed further mental illness just from reading this chart

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

floofyscorp posted:

They call us 'handmaidens' when they manage to acknowledge us at all.

lol

wen u def. respect women

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

My beard is bigger than all of them.

Bit rude, what if she's reading this?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Terfs being discussed in this thread and terfs being discussed in the Games Monthly chat thread. What is with these wretches today?

You want cursed games content in here too, you say?

https://twitter.com/bobby/status/1175442953155878912

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

blessed

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

Someone just tried to incinerate themselves outside Parliament.

At the risk of reading bad news... are they okay? :ohdear:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

VideoGames posted:

I wish I could form a sentence adequately expressing the conflicted emotions I feel about this.

Apparently this is their hobby.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

lmao what's Braincels? I'm guessing from the name that it's incels who are convinced that the reason that they are incels is that they are "too smart, and sapiosexual, and women are dumb bitches amirite?"

It was the wink-wink-nudge-nudge replacement after r/incels was banned for incitement of violence.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

I was there - the guy was jumped by police before he lit himself up. I can't look up a link right now but you should be able to find it on Twitter.

Okay, phew. Had hoped they got to them before they could go through with it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

This is a fantastic article in the Graun https://twitter.com/davies_will/status/1178905501519826944

He talks about how the intellectual hollowing of the Tories progressed from 1986, and rightly calls out the media's wagon-circling around Johnson.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

kecske posted:

every day I walk to work a guy in a red waistcoat offers me a bigger shoe. The size I have is fine thanks

you sure he's not just calling you a clown

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jedit posted:

I would debate how fantastic it is when it doesn't say that the ideological and intellectual hollowing out began with Thatcher, not in 1986. Tories used to at least do something for their money sometimes, but the new crowd are nouveau riches for whom the money and privilege has always been there and as a result they don't understand where it came from. They don't understand that before gathering as much as you can you have an obligation to ensure that everyone has enough. And that all comes from Thatcher.

Well I liked it. :c00lbutt:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tory conference looking lively

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Deleter posted:

Stuff like this makes me really mad and confused about the Tories remaining a force in this country. Nobody's excited for their ideas (if they have any at all)

The Graun, cursed to watch this hellscape, have said that literally every talk by a cabinet minister has not been a policy announcement or discussion but merely testing out attack soundbites for an election. Literally just slogans.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

I'd need to know what the UKMT discord link is before I can do that :shobon:

https://discord.gg/vnWwfX

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Ok confession time I registered to the Torygraph (for free) so I can read some of their stuff from time to time.
Anyway, just got this email from the Associate Editor of the TG with the following paragraph:

(They are at the tory conference):

On my way to the wall....

I prefer the joke that was most recently used by Big John in his conference speech, referring to the magic money tree being in the Cayman Islands and ready to be dug up and brought back home.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: TWEETMAN GALAXY BRAIN TAKE ALERT. DO NOT CLICK WITHOUT 05 APPROVAL. KETER CLASS COGNITOHAZARD :siren: :siren: :siren:

https://twitter.com/francesweetman/status/1179013129268793345?s=19

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thomas, this is an intervention, please, your family is dying

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

She's implying the USSR was communist instead of state capitalist, because she doesn't understand economic policy.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

https://twitter.com/ODN/status/1178962307302481921?s=20

What's going on here?

Is it too :tinfoil: to think its because of a pending paternity test?

This has set "The Thick of It" trending.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Junior G-man posted:

Big tweet thread on the 'new' BoJo border proposals:

https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1178760377678618626?s=20

(Hint: it's loving madness and will never be accepted and is technologically unfeasible and mad)

Yeah, head of Sinn Fein Mary Lou already said it would just install a hard border.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's most likely about avoiding stuff that can look 'not environmentally friendly'

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Nah bojo loves PMQs I think it's the only bit of being a pm he really does enjoy

He gets to be the centre of attention, banter at everyone and nobody is allowed to call him a liar or follow up on his nonsense, it must be like being back in the good old days for him

he's ditching PMQs this week though

rumour was either raab trying his best to not look like a serial killer (but failing) or that oval office from the UQ on Thursday

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

"Campbell’s lawyer said he should not be jailed because ‘he feels rehabilitated already’."

ffs

wish it had ended more like that tory oval office who got blatted by a bouncer in Spain or w/e

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mediadave posted:

Nah - he's only had one go at PMQs so far and even the Guardian said he hosed it

Led to a week of great John Crace praliamentary sketches:

quote:

Boris Johnson fails to bring Tories sunshine in excruciating PMQs

Practice makes imperfect. There was an air of expectancy on the Tory benches as Boris Johnson prepared to face his first prime minister’s questions. Surely the previous day’s car crash could only have been an aberration. This time their clown prince would prove to be the headline act they had been promised. Bring them sunshine, make them smile. Give them a reason to feel good about their tawdry, shabby lives. Some hope.

“Pifflepafflewifflewaffle,” said Johnson, when the leader of the opposition pressed him about the state of the government’s Brexit negotiations. This was all on a need to know basis. And not even he needed to know. You never negotiate in public. And apparently not in private, either. In any case, Corbyn was just trying to undermine him by taking no deal off the table.

Corbyn replied it was hard to undermine something that wasn’t taking place.

It was all downhill for Johnson from there. Asked to confirm what was in the No Deal Operation Yellowhammer dossier, he all but suggested it didn’t exist. Even though almost all the details had been leaked to the Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago. And then he just made up a story about the interview in which Michael Gove had said some food prices would go up. It had never happened. It was a Mikey impersonator who had been on the TV. The real Mikey had been having breakfast with him. Honest.

Come the end, Johnson was desperate to leave. He couldn’t even keep to the script that he didn’t want an election as he blurted out that he did want one after all. Dom would kill him for that. He rushed for the exit, only to be hauled back when he was reminded he was rather obliged to sit through Sajid Javid’s spending review. Having retaken his seat, he appeared to lose interest quickly. As did everyone else. Javid is even duller than Philip Hammond

Honestly all his bits from that week clowning on Boris are great.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That Italian Guy posted:

However, his bravado slipped when he arrived in court with his lawyer Jane Brady telling Judge Nigel Daly at Oxford Crown Court: ‘It is fair to say he is absolutely terrified of going inside. ‘His mother would have concerns about her son’s ability to cope in such an environment.’ Clifford was praised by his own lawyer for having abstained from cocaine for two weeks ahead of being sentenced. Previously he spent £400 a week on cocaine and cannabis.

This is loving unreal.

Reminder some kid got drunk off his tits in the US and crashed a car, killing a family, and got zero jail time because he had 'affluenza' where he was too rich to realise what he was doing was wrong.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Let me just stop you there.

Sunny does better these days but he still displays abject Lib Dem Brain from time to time.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Eschenique posted:

Shouldn't the entire no-mans-land be in Northern Ireland since it's the UKs making?

[extremely Tory voice] why wouldn't we build over territory that belongs to us

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mrenda posted:

Definitely don't say "Eire." That's very Tory look at the little country over there with their own language. You wouldn't say Espanol or Deutschland, so just say, "Ireland." Republic of Ireland is the football team.

*Espana

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pochoclo posted:

España. Careful with the ñ lest you wish someone a happy achiever of anuses (feliz cumpleanos vs feliz cumpleaños)

yeah I know lol but they didn't put an accent on Éire so I was being lazy with my letter mods too

but yes which publication was it that tried to talk about the year of women but called it the year of anal?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jeremy Corbyn is a shoe, Boris Johnson is a cricket bat. If Labour want to become electable you have to replace the shoe with a dove. I don't make the rules. Jo Swinson is a Tory.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Polling for 'right now' should be ignored, not because it's inconvenient, but because we already know that the polling radically shifts if Johnson fucks his "do or die" deadline for the end of the month. As such we should be focusing on forcing him to eat poo poo and receive the extension.

So of course the biggest risk now is us not getting an extension.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Total Meatlove posted:

Mark Francois on Victoria Derbyshire displaying the kind of argument the press could easily win but refuse to do so:

VD: Do you regret using the language of ‘Herr Juncker in the bunker? Some call it inflammatory’
MF: John McDonnell said he wanted to lynch Esther McVey

Which he didn't. He said his constituent said that while he, John McDonnell, the supposed extremist, was just happy she resigned.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Miftan posted:

FYI where I work may day was moved to Friday for next year and isn't may day anymore it's V-Day. As in victory. Something about ww2.

It's the date of unconditional surrender from the German forces. 8 days after 2 shots rang out from the Hitlerbunker. Sometimes called VE-day for "Victory in Europe" day since America still had some Asian civilians to genocide.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

"If parliament was a laptop, it would be showing the spinning pizza wheel of doom."

Stirring stiff from Floppy Johnson.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

"Famous Bolivarian revolutionary Venezuela."

nailed it

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Zedlic posted:

Polite stop-and-searches. Amazing.

Salivating at the prospect of pulling teens' trousers down. Also lol at him shamelessly talking about people performing sexual offences needing to be taken to task.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol Diane Abbott opened with a tribute to black history month, and as she finished her opening Raab stood up, forcing her (by custom) to sit down... and Bercow had to laugh and say "uhhh, she hasn't asked the question yet?" so he had to sit down red-faced

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/jane__bradley/status/1179343952127909890?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Do you prefer the adonis Boris Johnson or the pathetic anti-semitic bitch Jeremy Corbyn?