Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Happy birthday Ms Adequate :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

goddamnedtwisto posted:

gently caress off, I'm not going anywhere near Newcastle.
Bloody southerner :v:

Top door knocking advice for people who'd like to campaign for Labour but don't like talking to strangers: learn how to do the clipboard - you basically just tell everyone which doors to knock and track what the outcomes were but every canvassing group needs someone who can manage the paperwork.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I will begrudgingly consider Prince Harry to be exactly 0.5% less of a waste of space if he just windmills into Fleet Street and fucks their poo poo up.

Edit: lol at this brand engagement that happened to me on twitter just now, good effort at trying to pick a first name out of the mayhem that is my handle & display name but I can confirm that I am not Mr George Goblin Esquire, unfortunately :v:
https://twitter.com/VodafoneUK/status/1180156692908126208

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 4, 2019

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

forkboy84 posted:

I don't want to sound like the royal defender
The royal defender has logged on :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I was already aware but poor Pilch was very tired when we recorded and I didn’t want to do him a damage :v:
I was already aware, that's why I felt the need to say it :v:

In other news, is anyone else going to see Corbs in Newcastle this evening?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Ms Adequate posted:

The immense power of the username 'cumtornado' on full display
Absolutely loving ethered her :allears:

Gorn Myson posted:

Yes, what Jameelia Jamil said was stupid
I can't really judge people for saying "In my defence, I was a colossal dipshit", I'm probably going to end up with that on my tombstone :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
My Joker hot take is that I'm not paying money to watch the director of the loving Hangover trilogy pander to the kind of dipshit who thinks commenting "Idiocracy is a documentary!" under news articles on Facebook passes for a worldview :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Comrade Fakename posted:

Don’t actually throw your life away by accosting the Queen in order to look cool on an internet forum.
Counterpoint: you should absolutely do this, we'll all think you're cool as gently caress :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

endlessmonotony posted:

... that sounds like a very specific bug that was around some years back.

Clean reinstall is the only option if you hit that one.
Pish. You can fix that with some fancy command line typing (there's a guide somewhere on Microsoft's website) and feel like a proper hacker out of a film or something :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I miss my Mini sometimes.

Until I remember it had an engine made of cheese that became an endless money pit.
My mate had an incredibly poo poo second hand mini in the 90s, he left it in his dad's garden while he was away at uni and a bush grew through it :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Goondolances to ThomasPaine on the untimely loss of his beloved :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Steve2911 posted:

Is Lambribi wine?

Guinea pig tax since I got the cowardly fuckers yesterday:

A couple of fine squeaky bois :3:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Jedit posted:

No, Boris's fudge.
Don't be a oval office, there's literally no way you don't know better than to do "hurr hurr, it's funny because I implied they're gay" as patter.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

goddamnedtwisto posted:

To the point where I just skipped the last podcast.
I was on it so you didn't miss much :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Does anyone remember that megadrive game where Toby Young and Brendan O'Neill had to run around yelling stupid opinions at people?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Ms Adequate posted:

I don't care how much reprogramming of the boards it takes, this has to be next month's thread title.
Pastebin link :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Wachter posted:

"every time Joris loses, he actually wins"
https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?lang=en

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I had to sign for a letter this morning and the only thing in the envelope was a £25 google play gift card. I have absolutely no idea where it's come from, the address is a printed sticker with no name on it and the only thing that stands out is that the address says "Newcastle Upon Tyne, Durham" for some reason. I am genuinely baffled and can't think of any reason why someone would send this completely anonymously :confuoot:

Has anyone seen any promotions or things you can sign up for that give a google play voucher? The only thing I can even guess at is that I renewed my contract with Vodafone a week or two ago but I don't remember them saying anything about giving me a reward for that and if it was them the address would have been right at least.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Guavanaut posted:

Drug dealers and insurance scammers often take payment by anonymous mailed gift cards. Are any of your neighbours up to that?
I don't know, I'm not a cop :v:

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Not signed up for your Over 50s plan lately have you? Parky and his famous Pen or whichever one is doling out gift cards :D
Sadly I'm too young to qualify for that shite even if I was gullible enough lol

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

VideoGames posted:

You implied you would not be voting Labour due to the meanness. That leaves it with either Tories or Lib Dems. Both right wing parties.
No, you don't understand - they said they were "anti-labour" so they're obviously still very left wing and an all round nice person, they just won't vote for Labour until they replace the leader with one of those sensible, electable types who won't be left wing. Iraq wars and immigration mugs are just the price of electability and we all know the only way to end austerity is to elect someone who promises to do austerity because they think it's a solid votewinner with a working class they've never met. Morningwoodpecker is very smart :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
My favourite DC Thomson story is when they threatened to sue the Viz for doing a Jocks & Geordies parody, so Viz did a strip called "DC Thompson, the humourless Scottish git" :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
That caregiver robot looks like if Michael Gove was a cyberman.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Vitamin P posted:

There's no madness son. The NHS is currently underfunded, if it became the IHS then it would become massively overused.
Isn't the restriction of NHS services to only those citizens of strong britane :britain: a fairly recent development? Like, before one of the recent tory oval office governments anyone from anywhere could rock up and be treated?

Also, the key word you used is "underfunded" - imagine if we funded it properly?

Also also, gently caress off with this britain first horseshit you oval office :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Exioce posted:

There's a reason we've been demolishing that stuff. Public funds simply weren't enough to make them... satisfactory.
I know absolutely loving nothing about the state of council housing in London in 1983 or at any other point in human history and yet I still feel confident enough to answer this: Get to absolute gently caress mate. The only reason stuff in this country ever gets privatised is "more money for cunts" and I'd bet that's what happened here too :v:

Josef bugman posted:

You don't have the first loving clue how hunter gatherer society functions you truculent sack of heron vomit. Don't come in here with vague statements about human nature unless you are willing to back them up, and certainly not whilst going "oh the barbarism " whilst trying to do as little as possible to change anything.
gently caress him up Socrates.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Pistol_Pete posted:

As for that big post by Exioce, is there a word for the sort of outlook they display throughout it? I mean the total lack of curiosity about why things are the way they are, coupled with a firm belief that any attempt to change it would be wrong, dangerous and impractical. I see it all the time when people write articles saying: "Hey, 'x' situation could be improved, why don't we make it better?" and the comments below the line talk exactly like Exioce does.
Radical centrism? :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Pesmerga posted:

It’s funny how anything said in this thread that goes against the consensus is suddenly FBPE, when this is about Labour getting dragged into an election it claimed it wanted and has been ready for since 2017 in a way that every other party can start all campaigning with ‘and Labour didn’t even want this election anyway’.
"I am absolutely furious because the thread refuses to accept that Joremy Crombyn is poo poo" is basically your loving gimmick at this point mate :v:

Edit: catte baby bat tax

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 28, 2019

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Illuyankas posted:

Here's that Jeremy vs Boris image as a template btw

Does anyone have the Corbyn vs May version of this that was about Goldeneye? :v:

Edit: also, the mystery of the anonymous Google Play gift card was resolved today when the postman knocked on the door to ask for it back cause it'd had the wrong address on it

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

sinky posted:

"Giftcard???"
Lol, I had to sign for it when it first turned up but yeah, if it'd been an anonymous giftcard for literally anything else I'd probably have spent the fucker before now :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Cheers, absolute masterpiece that is :v: