Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Trump supporters 2 weeks ago: gently caress, NATO, those drat commie freeloaders.

Trump supporters today: B-b-but you see, Turkey is a NATO ally. That's really important!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Pete Hegseth is in my top 3 for least favorite conservatives.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Holy poo poo.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

"You didn't see any Isis fighters escape. You didn't, because there weren't any there."

17 civilians executed a day. Not great, not terrible.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

pantslesswithwolves posted:

She’s a reliable source who has been covering this for years so I’d trust her reporting.

Yeah she’s a pro Twitter follow.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

I think Donnie has a rare type of brain worm that causes everyone in his general orbit to get the worms too.
The brain worm is tax cuts and deregulation.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I really loving hate Russians. Their men, at least.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

SimonCat posted:

https://twitter.com/RudawEnglish/st...agenumber%3D668

Now, we have a significant amount of forces in Erbil, I wonder how things are for them. It'd be amazing if we were chased out of Kurdistan (Northern Iraq) because of Trump's actions.

Some people throwing rocks will be the mil chuds reason for supporting what’s happening to the Kurds if they were initially torn on this move.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Just finished the first episode of Watchmen and the right wing backlash against it is what I’m looking forward to as much the rest of the season. :stare:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Eej posted:

The best part has been woke white people outwardly expressing their shock at not knowing about the Tulsa Race Riots until a superhero show told them about it

I admit, I have a BA in history and I didn’t know about it. I think that is part of what makes the scene so effective. You’re sitting there thinking it’s alternate universe stuff and nope, this really happened.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

There were clips of a Jimmy Carter speech in Capitalism: A Love Story that were prophetic. Just a great person, maybe too good to be president.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

America is real dumb

And also what the gently caress no he's not

Overalls guy does administer first aid to the biker, but then aggros on a different biker later.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

Are we getting that idiot marine that they charged with espionage back for her?

Lol, why would we get anything back? Although I suppose who you define “we” as could change the answer to that question.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Did you know that Obama supplied ALL of the guns to the Mexican cartels via Fast and Furious? At least that’s what the experts in my Facebook are implying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Kesper North posted:

I love diving.

The coldest dive I've ever done was Silfrá fissure in Iceland:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silfra

They say "can be comfortably dived in a dry suit" by I say my rear end like hell, any human being gets an instant ice cream headache when they put their face in 36 degree water.

That said, totally worth it.

The coolest dive I've ever done: There are a few dive operators that offer "blackwater" dives where you go at night and dive in 5-10,000 foot deep water. Everyone is clipped to a series of lines hanging off the sides of the boat with a carabiner hooked to your BCD, so you're not about to get lost or anything unless you do something real dumb.

I've done it twice, and both times I spent the first couple of minutes sucking down half my air as I stared into the black infinity that surrounds our tiny lights and our little boat and try to get a grip on myself before I relax and find it mindblowingly cool. Though if you stare out into that black water too much you can feel the willies start billowing up again as your brain tries to find patterns in emptiness. The water and the stuff suspended in it absorbs what precious illumination you have, so you really get the impression that blackness is just sucking the light away. You feel very, very tiny, and you never know whether something at the very limits of your light's reach is a bit of trash, more plankton, a school of squid or pod of bottlenose dolphin, or something hungry.

Apparently t's not uncommon for big pelagics to get curious. They have even had threshers show up and start to behave aggressively, and everyone gets out of the water real drat quick when that happens. I've never been lucky/unlucky enough to have anything big come visit, but it's quite an experience without seeing any large animal life. Plus the plankton you see is sometimes quite large and truly surreal, alien stuff. The most defining aspect of it to me though is how vividly you can feel you mind looking for patterns in all that emptiness, and imagining monsters in every pale curdle in the dark.

11/10 I loving love cosmic horror, I'll do it a third time when I make it back to Kona.

All fun and games until a cookie-cutter shark turns you into one of the Unsulllied.

Seriously though, that sounds amazing.