Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Doesn't this harm his golf course in Scotland?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

I just hope SDF are given ATGM by the plane load as a parting gift

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Thieves steal an unattended bag left by a man after he gives a talk. Man is a reptile breeder and had left four snakes in the bag.
https://boingboing.net/2019/10/08/thieves-mistakenly-steal-bag-w.html

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

This will trigger the incels and will be Warren's deplorable moment

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Arven posted:

I have no idea how it didn't get national attention, but where I live a black college professor couple called in a welfare check for their own autistic adult son. When the police arrived they predictably shot and killed him. I don't know why anyone would willing call the police for any reason at this point.

Police as it is now, are not qualified to do welfare checks. They want to play cops and robbers, not be social workers. You ever see Mother Theresa wear a punisher skull?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

the author is a dumb enough that i genuinely was worried he can't function in life, but someone in another thread pointed out he lives in the same building as Holmes' parents, so i nominate him for some private tutoring with madame guillotine

I mean people should be allowed to become visionaries, but they just shouldn't be allowed to collect investment money on it with overoptimistic promises. Although not all her tests were physically possible, some of them could have been 10-20 years away. It's also that her Entrepreneurship 101 pitches with fast development timelines and skyrocketing revenue projections somehow fooled very established investors (who granted were no within their area of expertise).

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Thwomp posted:

Also, don’t underestimate just how many old (and nearly all white) men can be duped into believing a charismatic and striking young woman. Especially one who adopts the look of other visionaries.

Case in point: Tulsi Gabbard

Also since Turkey has literally invaded Syria when will we see a counterattack? Will be interesting to see how whether Russia favors their naval base or the S-400 sale, or if the S-400 was even delivered

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 14, 2019

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

SimonCat posted:

More video. It looks like the US troops barely had time to pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5dyWr7NAhY

What is this? Did the Green Berets leave a message behind for the Russians?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
He wears the flag pin, so I can trust him.

How much did it cost for the Ukrainians to buy him again?

edit: first Google result–$500,000. That's what it costs to take down the presidency, what a bargain.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Hail SS-18
https://www.npr.org/2019/10/15/770209247/u-s-imposes-sanctions-on-turkey-for-invasion-of-syria

quote:

Turkish-backed militias carrying out attacks in northern Syria came very close to American forces on the ground on Tuesday, putting them and their base "directly at risk," a U.S. official in Syria tells NPR.

"The Turkish forces violated a standing agreement with the U.S. to not get close enough to threaten U.S. troops on the ground," the official says. "U.S. forces responded with a show of force using aircraft to demonstrate the forces were prepared to defend themselves, as well as communication with the Turkish military through formal channels to protest the risk to U.S. forces."

The U.S. show of force included Apache attack helicopters and F-15 warplanes. No shots were fired, the official says.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Stravag posted:

Fuuuuuuuucccckkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sounds like she's raising money for the DNC, not a campaign, I hope

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

And now if Syria+Kurds do any sort of counter attack Turkey can invoke article 5 and demand the US start killing Kurds with them?

Have any NATO countries been aggressors since the alliance's formation? Obviously that happened with the Iraq War but plenty of NATO countries sat out on that; also Iraq forces were contained within their borders. If Syria counterattacks onto Turkish soil would we see article 5?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Steyer backing up Sanders on billionaires is pretty cool imo

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Wasn’t this one of the founding missions of JSOC? Securing loose nukes?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Stravag posted:

Oh, goodie...

Hail SS-18 I want to see another Battle of Khasham

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Yeah but there were other units in the rest of south america that got hired on as well

edit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaibiles these guys

quote:

The Kaibiles are infamous for their reputed practice of forcing recruits to kill animals, which includes raising a puppy and bonding with it before killing and eating it, as well as biting the heads off live chickens. In addition, recruits are shot and forced to perform field surgery on themselves, and to drink water out of recently fired artillery shells. As part of the course's finishing ritual, every recruit must drink "Bomb", a mix of tequila, whisky, rum, beer, water and gunpowder, served in a bamboo glass with a bayonet tied to it. Soldiers must drink it carefully, so as not to get drunk and cut themselves with the bayonet. Once they successfully complete this ritual, they are inducted into the Kaibiles.

:getin:

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

https://twitter.com/HeidiNBC/status/1186257936210903040?s=20

Odds on Trump just handing over the nukes the USAF is storing there? I’m sure Putin will happily do all the engineering work Erdogan needs.

This means Syria will want nukes, and then surely Iraq and Saudi :lol: Reminds me of the 2003 invasion :lol:

Hail SS-18

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

his 👏 wife 👏 is 👏 a 👏 doctor

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Flikken posted:

I've known volunteer firefighters with the same opinion, it's loving stupid
Recent talk of the 11'8" bridge got me to this video. Firefighters am I right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3-UugI0JoA

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
I still can't understand how so many seemingly ordinary people have bought into chud mentality–poo poo like Q, pizzagate, kek, and Pepe originate from the niche and nether regions of the internet...do the chuds really have this much time to discover and gain deep knowledge of it? I mean it seems like they don't work or have other obligations and spend all their time online?

If they put a fraction of that time spent browsing and researching stuff on the deep state toward healthcare or economic policy...oh well you can't really change people's values

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

orange juche posted:

So we didn't even actually reduce the net amount of troops in Syria we just abandoned the Kurds to be wiped out by the Turks.

AAAAnd those oil fields are owned by loving Gazprom, the state-owned Russian oil company lol. Using the US military as a PMC to guard Russian oil fields :discourse:
Easy answer

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Tulsi Gabbards not running for re-election. NYTimes speculates a third party bid. Something something raised in a cult

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/25/us/politics/tulsi-gabbard-congress.html?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

Actually I do not think it was anything like this. No 4d chess. Trump’s decisions over the past few weeks have so radically destabilized the area with many ISIS prisoners escaping, probably whole entire arms of their org chart moving from one region to the other. Baghdadi probably became exposed in the midst of all this, and he was able to be got got. This is just my theory. I just don’t think there was any genius to this. poo poo is shook up like a snow globe and suddenly Bgahdadi’s whereabouts became very obvious.

obviously he wanted the ISIS prisoners to escape this way they could find their leader (its like how birds can always find their way back home). but the kurds wouldnt allow it thats why he allowed the Turks to invade, then the kurds HAD to let them go. genius in action :smugdon:

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
It's probably like a lovely 23AndMe where they run the sample and it tells them he's 100% Arab. "LOOKS LIKE WE GOT HIM FOLKS 🤠"

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

edit: twitter is confused about the dog's name being classified. I 100% pray its actually a giant who's on first joke.

:nsa:

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

I think it's basically time to say goodbye to Deadspin. It looks like today was the mass exodus day, where management tried to get the best writers and editors to move on. The best writers and editors did indeed move on, giving management the collective finger, telling them to get hosed, and quitting before the Hedge Bros completely took it over.

The tragedy isn't Deadspin, it's Clickhole and the Onion which are under the same ownership structure. It's okay though, the talent are brilliant enough that they can start anew (it's not like start-up costs for blogs are that high). That said, in the meantime, we'll all bear witness to the decline of quality satire :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1189946173328646146?s=19

Perfect tweet, perfect picture, perfect brain. The best people.

quote:

And the personal email address he gave to the Apple store includes elements of his personal life.
americasmayor911@hotmail.com

I really hope Rudy will go to prison for this, if he doesn't get a pardon. He's a clear-cut example of why the older generation needs to sit back and go away