Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

what the hell is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

listen if letting bling feel like a persecuted and oppressed victim lets him get through the day who are we to deny him happiness

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

:yayclod:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Terrifying Effigies posted:

The Doomsday Economics thread has some good coming recession discussion, right now it's a blow by blow of the WeWork dumpster fire:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826121&pagenumber=1671&perpage=40

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/10/marketing-expert-scott-galloway-on-wework-and-adam-neumann.html posted:

Why has it taken so long for people to realize that? We’ve had three weeks of a disaster, and people are still talking about the IPO like it’s something the company can still accomplish some day. Why? 

CNBC wants to be friends with Jamie Dimon and Masayoshi Son. It’s hard to believe that the prom queen is addicted to diet pills and a heroin addict. The fall from grace here has been so dramatic and yet so loving obvious.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

It wasn't Pence.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

You know I've been on these forums since 2001 and I think I've used the report button maybe twice

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

CommieGIR posted:

Texas cop got 10 years for murdering the guy eating ice cream in his own apartment.

I'm not up on Texas sentences, but that's pretty average for murder in NYC if you have no priors.

Texas is clearly different because the juries deciding the sentence is not a thing in New York.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Learning about how Texas does criminal.justice reminds me that we have 50+ legal systems in this country and they all do things differently.

poo poo, we effectively have seven different legal systems in New York depending on if you are charged federally, by a county DA or by the special Narcotics office

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Does Texas take prior convictions into account? Prior convictions can turn a no-jail felony into significant time.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

McNally posted:

Neither, they reported someone for showing that they had Professor Bling on ignore.

ahahahahahahahahahahah

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

first off whol lol whatever

second get it Liz

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

McNally posted:

How is that relevant?

French police have been targeted by Islamic militants in recent years (most notably in 2016 when a ISIS militant killed an officer, his wife, and their infant child at home- the child was unharmed). If the attacker is just a recent convert who flipped out, it's not relevant. If he's a recent convert and they find a isis manifesto, it is relevant.

Right now, it means nothing.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Oh yeah Russia exectuted a biowarfare attack in the UK that killed several people including police officers, so Russia quite literally attacked the security forces of a foreign state and ... Nothing happened.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I worry that I’m not gonna be an accepting / understanding enough father. I can’t see me dressing up in a fur suit for my daughter. Who knows, maybe parenthood will change me.

honestly as long as maggots aren't crawling out of your kids diaper and he isn't covered in cigarette burns or you didn't beat up your own kid and then drag him to the playground to fight another four year old in front of an approving crowd and your kids actually fed you're doing better than a lot of parents

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

News spreads fast. Well gently caress.

I’m very opposed to conspiratorial thinking but the other explanations are also extremely improbable given that random murders of law abiding normal guys between strangers with no robbery perpetuated with multiple close range gunshots center mass in the parking lots of pricy middle class condos are extremely rare.

Plus crackheads don’t drive nice SUVs

Holy gently caress I just don’t know anymore.

Well I guess I do.

car was rented by a gru agent who flew back to Moscow from Ft Worth six hours after the attack

I figure if we are just making poo poo up I should get in on it

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

nobody cares. nobody cares. nobody loving cares

your average voter absolutely does not give a poo poo or just loves Strong Daddy Trump who is finally telling it like it is, the gop is stuffing barely literate cretins into federal judeships so they're happy, and the Democratic party couldn't manage to win an election if the fate of the country depended on it

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I think I'm gonna log off the internet again for a while

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

loving hell I picked the wrong day to start reading the internet again

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Internet Wizard posted:

You can even get a kit with everything you need including a pre-loaded OS for like $40 from adafruit

I don't want to go to sh/sc but this sounds like something I can Google

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

facialimpediment posted:

Crimes? Oh, you mean CRIMES?! YEAH I LOVE THOSE I WAS TOTALLY INVOLVED IT WAS ME ALL ALONG AUSTIN

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1184878549301374980?s=19

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1184877622863499265?s=19

:wtc:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

mcraven wrote an op-ed in the nytimes

quote:

As I stood on the parade field at Fort Bragg, one retired four-star general, grabbed my arm, shook me and shouted, “I don’t like the Democrats, but Trump is destroying the Republic!”

The spiral of our slow motion constitutional crisis is tightening

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

The white house and doj are apparently both pissed at ol' Mick because he spilled all the beans. There was no prep before the presser with the legal team. I think the chief of staff might get the axe soon.

ah yes the :happyelf: method of getting fired, if you're going out take everyone with you

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

colachute posted:

If they raised our cop in 2010 they would’ve found twilight books and like two years of Hustler magazine from like 2002-2003.

what about the left behind series

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Hexyflexy posted:

Yeh that's true, but it isn't what I'm worried about. If you gave a bunch of us goons a chunk of plutonium we could probably build a fairly crappy nuke, the physics isn't that hard in the scheme of things. It's the threat - "do what we want or we're going to grab these B61s off you and what're you going to do about it?".

Probably give the 75th Ranger Regiment a new home base with the 82nd airborne and 2ACR (or whoever the hell has that mission now) to follow shortly.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Bored As gently caress posted:

Last I read it was a special unit within JSOC itself.

I meant more along the "seize hostile airfield and establish a airhead" not "secure the nukes". I would hope all that noise about being able to put a shitload of troops on the ground in a hurry isn't just a fantasy. Suddenly dumping an airborne regiment or two into a friendly airbase on a "training exercise" would hopefully shut the Turks up.

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 22, 2019

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

The goddess of wisdom and justice prays for a meteor to just end it all

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

My one regret about not joining ROTC was turning down the airborne and air assault training they offered me as a civilian. Guy in my dorm went to airborne and air assault school, came back in the fall and quit the program.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Handsome Ralph posted:

lol when was this? Because when they were offering it to us, you had to contract first before they'd let you go to either.

Early 90s.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

psydude posted:

There's no guarantees for schools in ROTC. You're competing against ever other moto rear end in a top hat to see who has the highest GPA and PT score. I decided to try hard to get into schools my junior year and my effort resulted in squat. At that point I realized that the military pits its officers against each other with the illusion that trying matters.

Things were different Back Then I guess. They told me "sign up this spring, we will send you over the summer and you can quit if you want next year. Just try it out!"

Sure enough, they came through for the guys (and girl) who signed up and, sure enough, one guy quit first day sophomore year.

poo poo, some reserve or NG SF unit used to qualify and take cadets free fall jumping. There was a guy in my dorm who went to Alaska between sophomore and junior year for some school or other.

The post-cold-war but budget cuts hadn't hit yet military was a weird place I guess.

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 24, 2019

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

psydude posted:

If you enlist as a cadet in the ARNG and USAR in a unit that requires a school, then yeah, you'll go to that school. But then you have to go to drill and other poo poo.

not in 1990s ROTC you didn't

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Bolton knows this is the last chance he'll have to bring about regime change.

:drat:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

https://mobile.twitter.com/funder/status/1188624322191069184

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

nah boomer dems can gently caress off too, they all need to retire and gently caress off forever. Also gently caress gen x just skip that generation entirely paul ryan mother fuckers

gently caress you gen x is the best

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

makes sense he did kill unarmed civilians and attempted to justify it through a insane political manifesto

should have been a SEAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

just a reminder dorner never once actually shot any LAPD officers. Closest he came was his first two murders when he killed a unarmed woman who was related to his defense attorney (former LAPD captain) and her fiancee. Everyone else he killed was from other departments.